Karma!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: US Women's Soccer Team Royally Screwed

I hope those Brazilian girls cry.

Wow. That was really something.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

US got lucky on the own goal but then got jobbed on that penalty inside the box....the call on the penalty kick. They certainly id not deserve to lose this game. Great comeback.

Wow!!!! Just unreal! What an amazing match. I can't believe how on the edge of my seat I was. That was every bit as exciting as any Men's match I've watched.

I think I'm in love with Hope Solo!!!
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Wow!!!! Just unreal! What an amazing match. I can't believe how on the edge of my seat I was. That was every bit as exciting as any Men's match I've watched.

I think I'm in love with Hope Solo!!!
    Oh yeah....Hope is hot and she does not back down from anything.

Amazing game. The U.S. women's team had so much more endurance than Brazil's team, and it showed when the US was down a player and still controlled most of the game. Anybody else surprised when the ref didn't call offsides on Marta's (amazing) goal?

That offsides while it could have been called was negligible in the outcome of how the goal was made. It was completely away from the play.

They got screwed on the Marta foul for sure though. Diving like Renaldo there.

USA! USA! USA!

At least one team I was cheering for won today. What an amazing finish.

Brazilians Waxed!

Yes I couldnt resist
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    That offsides while it could have been called was negligible in the outcome of how the goal was made. It was completely away from the play.

They got screwed on the Marta foul for sure though. Diving like Renaldo there.
    I have to disagree with you about the offsides. I'm pretty sure the offsides player was the one that made the entry pass to Marta. She was totally involved in the play.

Alex Morgan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hope Solo

I flipped on the game just as OT had ended and the shootouts were about to begin. I kept waiting for them to show highlights of how the US scored the goal but they didn't show them. When they finally did, holy crap what a cross that was! To me that was the type of play you see in mens soccer. The may have been the most perfect setup I have ever seen from that distance and at that level of competition.

Back to the shootouts. I thought the tone was set early when the Brazillian GK was jumping out of the box in order to stop the shot. When the US got a retry and nailed it I thought they were going to win. It was odd seeing Solo guess and guess wrong and not even make a fake dive. The stop she made was fantastic and the announcers were pretty much calling that stop. They said if your going to stop one this will be the one. I also thought the Americans hit all their shots pretty much perfectly. IIRC every shot the GK guess the right direction but the US put them in the perfect spot.

I know I scare the pee out of my napping wife and napping dog when the US scored that OT goal.

I had been ranting big time to my daughter about how bad the US had gotten screwed and how this was the earliest they'd exited the WC. Right in the middle of my rant, the US scores and Lizzy and I both go "Whhhoooaaa!!!". The dog jumped up like she'd been hit by lightning and the spousal unit gives us the evil eye for waking her up.

I thought it was poetic justice that the OT got extended extra-extra time when the Brazilian Erika fell down like she was shot with nobody around and then acted like she was next to death. And then popped off the stretcher like nothing was wrong when she got carted off. That little set of histrionics gave the US the extra 30-60 seconds they needed. Hah!

Brazil really blew that match. Playing 11 on 10 with the speed and ball skills the Brazilians had, they should have gone for the kill and put another goal or 2 on the US. Instead, they played an oddly passive game and were happy with the 1 goal lead.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I've watched Women's soccer before, but I don't remember them being this good (probably faulty memory on my part). But I was incredibly impressed at the skill level of these women. They don't have the size or speed as the men, but the creativity and ball skills were just about as good. Those women can really play! I'm looking forward to Wednesday.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?