Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 1-21 in one run games?

1-21 in one run games?

what does this tell you? We have no relief pitching!
    Cordero has blown 6 saves in the first half.
    Brian Price is an Idiot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 1-21 in one run games?

Hmmm....is it really that bad? Hard to believe..

Quote Originally Posted by peteredwardrose View Post
    Brian Price is an Idiot!
    I didn't think the record was this bad either... To me this speaks of many problems, not necessarily the bull pen...not the least of which is a lack of clutch hitting. IMO

I think we are 13 - 21 in 1 run games...I know it's not 1-21

At 13-21 in 1 run games, still one of the worst 1 run game records in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    I think we are 13 - 21 in 1 run games...I know it's not 1-21
    i saw it on the telecast i may have been mistaken, i bet we have at least 15 blown leads.
    I listened to how Brian Price wants strikes not wasted pitches even from relievers,that is dumb,we need to get people out.
    I don't like him as a pitching coach.The starters look like a train wreck since he got here!

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    At 13-21 in 1 run games, still one of the worst 1 run game records in the league.
    13-21 sounds right...agree that is still bad.

i saw it on the telecast i may have been mistaken, i bet we have at least 15 blown leads.
    I listened to how Brian Price wants strikes not wasted pitches even from relievers,that is dumb,we need to get people out.
    I don't like him as a pitching coach.The starters look like a train wreck since he got here!
    Blown leads and blown saves are different. You can lose a lead because you are not hitting in the clutch and leaving guys on base. If you don't play add on when the opportunity is there leads will be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by HitByPitch View Post
    Blown leads and blown saves are different. You can lose a lead because you are not hitting in the clutch and leaving guys on base. If you don't play add on when the opportunity is there leads will be lost.
    How do you blow a lead by not hitting?? LOL
    If you have a lead in the bottom of the 9th more than likely you lose!
    Our Bull pen sucks The Reds lead the league in runs scored!

Wow

It's bad either way. What I hate the most is the bad defense at the end of close games. It's not all the fault of the relief pitchers.

How do you blow a lead by not hitting?? LOL
    If you have a lead in the bottom of the 9th more than likely you lose!
    Our Bull pen sucks The Reds lead the league in runs scored!

Wow
    peter, seriously?? My point was that a blown lead is different than a blown save. If you score 2 runs in the top of the first and don't score the rest of the game chances are those 2 runs won't hold up the rest of the game. That would be a blown lead and not the fault of pitching but rather lack of hitting.

Right now the Reds have 12 blown saves which ranks tied for 7th most in the NL. The Brewers (14) and Cardinals (15) actually have more than Cincinnati.

The relief pitching, especially Cordero lately, has been frustratingly inconsistent. However, as another poster intelligently pointed out, the offense absolutely shares in the blame of these types of losses.

A couple of examples from the last week just off the top of my head:

Wednesday - 8 runs in first 5 innings, then nothing until the 13th.

Friday - 4 runs in the first three innings, only score in one inning the rest of the game.

Sunday - 3 runs in the first four innings, don't score for the remainder of the game.

Frankly, that has been the story of the season. Offense and pitching has been great at times, absolutely terrible at others. Pretty much equals a .500 team which is about what the Reds are at this point.

However, the optimist in me says that they will start playing more towards their capabilities and are still in the division race. The first 16 coming out of the break are huge with 13 being at GABP.

Brian Price is an Idiot!
    Suggestion: find the right numbers/what your talking about before you call someone an idiot, makes your arguement a lil bit stronger. The accurate numbers are still concerning though-seems those are the games we found a way to win last year, and that was mostly through clutch hitting we havent had this season. The blame is to share, need pitchers to bump up a notch-starts and pen, our hitters to produce-esp in scoring siutuations, and our fielding to tighten up a bit. Definately have their work cut out for the second half if they want to be in this thing in August-Sept and have a chance for a Reds October.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

This (one run record) has to be one of the most over-rated stats in baseball. All of your games can be lost by one run, but, does that really tell anything? No. Not really. It just says that chances are, all of your games were winnable. So, win or lose, if you are still almost all of your games, you are probably not getting lucky enough, so, its bound to change at some point, right?
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Right now the Reds have 12 blown saves which ranks tied for 7th most in the NL. The Brewers (14) and Cardinals (15) actually have more than Cincinnati.

The relief pitching, especially Cordero lately, has been frustratingly inconsistent. However, as another poster intelligently pointed out, the offense absolutely shares in the blame of these types of losses.

A couple of examples from the last week just off the top of my head:

Wednesday - 8 runs in first 5 innings, then nothing until the 13th.

Friday - 4 runs in the first three innings, only score in one inning the rest of the game.

Sunday - 3 runs in the first four innings, don't score for the remainder of the game.

Frankly, that has been the story of the season. Offense and pitching has been great at times, absolutely terrible at others. Pretty much equals a .500 team which is about what the Reds are at this point.

However, the optimist in me says that they will start playing more towards their capabilities and are still in the division race. The first 16 coming out of the break are huge with 13 being at GABP.
    First of all if you score 8 runs you should not lose!
    2nd if yojr up 5-0 you should never lose. As i said the reds lead the nl in runs scored! Dusty has the lineup a mess IMHO it should be.
    1cozart
    2Phillips
    3votto
    4stubbs
    5bruce
    6herenandez
    7rolen
    8lewis/heisey-get rid of gomes good lord

Player for player the most talented team in the division and playing at gabp is not a good thing for this pitching staff they give up too many hrs.
    Last edited by peteredwardrose; 07-12-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Turn Off Ads?