Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most hated/disliked players past/present from ORG

Most hated/disliked players past/present from ORG

Whom are you most hated players past/present and why? I'll break my up into non-Reds and Reds...I was born in 79, so I really don't have a hatred for the Dodgers like most other Reds fans, my hatred is for the Cubs, Cards, Braves, Indians, and Red Sox in that order.

Non-Reds

1. The entire 1990s Atlanta Braves roster sans Deion Sanders, Steve Avery, and Mark Wohlers, only because I really liked them as Reds. I despise the Braves and everything about them, always have always will...bandwagon team of the 90s, thank you Yankees for taking away the title of team of the 90s from them in 96 and 99.

2. Prince Fielder-there is something about this guy I have never liked, probably because he is a FAT pro athlete, I'm not kidding either, fat pro athletes piss me off, unless they are NFL lineman.

3. Albert Belle-one of the biggest jackasses of the 90s.

4. Dave Stewart for his sore loser ass coments following the 90 Series, yeah overall the A's may have been the better team, but in that October they were not, and Cincy has the trophy to prove it, like Chris Sabo said, "No one can say this is a fluke, we won the blowouts, we one the close ones, we are BETTER than them right now!"

5. "Steroid" McGwire-or McGwar as all the ho-dung po-dungs called him. His HR record still gags me to this day, I was estatic when Bonds broke it! I know he used roids as well!

6. Jose Conseco-just never liked the guy, his cockiness maybe...

7. Yadi Molina-any questions?

8. Bob Feller-due to his hatred for Pete Rose, screw that old boy scout!

9. Big Papi or whatever his name is, because he is fat, a Red Sox, and part of a bandwagon following.

10. GayRod-I never liked this prick, even when he was a Mariner.

Most disliked Reds-I say disliked because it is hard to hate anyone wearing a Reds uni, so dislike will do.

1. Jim Edmonds-obvious reasons.

2. Sean Casey-most overrated .300 hitter we ever had, never a clutch hitter, left way to many RISP.

3. Reggie Sanders-1995 NLCS, I'll never forgive you for making me cry after game 1, I knew the series was lost after that loss.

4. Dusty Baker-the man can't manage, loved him last year, can't stand him this year.

5. Ron Gant-Reds took a chance on him when no one else wanted him, then ran to the Cardinals for more money, ass.

6. Paul Wilson-I get nightmares just thinking about this d0ucheb@g being our ace, and who was that Cub that gave him a bloody nose? Farnsworth maybe?

7. Daren Lewis

8. Mark Portugal

9. Dave Burba-because these 3 costs the Reds the 1995 World Series, Deion Sanders was the missing link that year, Schourek, Smiley, and Wells was more than enough to carry them through the postseason, Sanders would have scored runs against Atlanta a la the great Barry Larkin.

10. 1977 Reds Front Office-before my time but why on God's Green Earth would you begin to dismantle the best offensive NL team of all time? With Perez not being traded and Gullet being resigned the Reds could have probably 4 or 5 or 6 peated, hell maybe 7.

There I'm done, sorry I'm bored.
    Last edited by will5979; 07-15-2011 at 04:14 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Most hated/disliked players past/present from ORG

Barry Bonds. Nobody else comes close.

I really can't think of a player I hated, even though I couldn't stand Rickey Henderson and his arrogance and attitude. He might have been a great player, but it was like him rubbing your nose in it when he succeeded.

Today, I really don't like Yadier Molina. Quite a different attitude from his brothers, Benjie and Jose.

I second the Yadier Molina hatred. Anyone with a neck tattoo not named Josh Hamilton is automatic.

Chris Carpenter= a$$ hat

Jim Edmonds

Edinson Volquez,

Hunter Pence, no real motivation other than I can't stand his stupid mouth breathing face.

Sammy Sosa, juiced, corked bat, sudden loss of ability to speak english...

Bill Hall, mostly because he always seemed to get big hits against the Reds

Roger Clemens

Mike Brown... oops, sorry, he is just someone I hate. No relation to the Reds.

Puhols, Molina, Holliday, Berkman... I *could* probably like Rasmus and Jon Jay if they weren't on the Cardinals team.

Outside of the Cardinals, I'm not a fan of Zambrano, Bonds or Clemons

On the Reds/Former Reds--I intensely disliked Encarnacion. And am currently not particularly fond of a certain closer right now....

Schnickelfritz

In no particular order:

Jim freaking Edmonds -- too many reasons to list.
    Yadier Molina -- Because he's the whiniest of the WLB.
    Barry Bonds & Mark McGuire -- Juicers
    Ray Knight -- For sucker punching Eric Davis in 1986.

Reggie Sanders is one of my favorite Reds, Larkin is #1. Votto for the current players

Players I dislike
    EV, Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod, Manny, Big Mac, Pujols

In the last 20-30 years the only player I can remember liking that was not a Red was Frank Thomas

Am I the only person that actually likes Bonds? The guy was exciting to watch when he actually had a chance to swing the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Am I the only person that actually likes Bonds? The guy was exciting to watch when he actually had a chance to swing the bat.
    i agree big bonds fan, greatest ever. Also find it funny people hate on a guy for using roids when baseball didnt even test for the stuff, i respect bonds even more for that and that he just didnt give a **** about anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    I was a Bonds fan as well, loved it when he broke McGwire's and Aaron's records...and the roids deal? What about all the pitchers that were juiced that he hit the HRs off of?

I hated bonds, but more of hes so good I respect hate him. More of the way I hated berkman when he was an astro, bc bonds and berkman seemed to destroy the reds more than just about anyone, and for good reason.

always despised Jim edmonds throughout his career, not just bc of recent stuff. Great player, but he was the king of making a routine play look 2x more difficult than it really was for the TV.

Chris Carpenter annoys me

Im probably the only one, but when i was little i hated ozzie smith bc hed always end up starting at SS over larkin, even though barry was a lot better at that point in both players careers.

Roger Clemens

Derek Jeter: most overrated SS ever, and should have been the one to move to 3rd, not A-Rod, if he really was a true team player.

Larry, Chipper Jones always struck me as one of the cockiest ******s out there
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    i agree big bonds fan, greatest ever. Also find it funny people hate on a guy for using roids when baseball didnt even test for the stuff, i respect bonds even more for that and that he just didnt give a **** about anyone.
    Need some follow up, you resepcted him even more for doing something illegal simply cause they didnt test for doing something illegal?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Reggie Sanders is one of my favorite Reds, Larkin is #1. Votto for the current players

Players I dislike
    EV, Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod, Manny, Big Mac, Pujols

In the last 20-30 years the only player I can remember liking that was not a Red was Frank Thomas
    Sanders performance in the '95 NLCS automatically qualifies him as a Top 3 most hated Reds player.

danny graves for blowing the wild card race

Turn Off Ads?