Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Hate This Team

I Hate This Team

Bases loaded, 1 out. Nothing.
    Bases loaded, 0 outs. Nothing.
    I don't even care if we come back and win. This is by far the most frustrating Reds team I have seen in nearly 40 years of following them.

Even the bad teams didn't choke in the late innings game after game after game after game...they were just bad.

I officially hate this year's team.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Re: I Hate This Team

Yes I'm mad as well.I held my arms up high pleading to the baseball Gods to let us get some runs with bases juiced,to no avail.I have just quit feeling anything for this team.Too much stress,and they just dont have it this year.If they win,they win,if they dont,they dont.Like a poster wrote on an ORG thread,the next two weeks can decide the fate of this team.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Old Red Guard Reject

I agree. I certainly do not hate the franchise, but I hate this team, this year. They seem to all have this laid-back, care free attitude that disturbs me. I know this might be an isolated example, but after the Pujols homer, Votto is on first smiling and laughing with Berkman. Could you really see the 1990 Reds or the BRM horsing around with the enemy during the game against the team ahead of you in the standings? I really can't see Pete or Johnny joking around with Steve Garvey during the game. Losing to the Cardinals is unacceptable and the attitude of this team does not convey that.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Pulled a rabbit out of the hat tonight.Thank God for Philips.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Lets Party Like it's 1869

amen to that

Could BP have possibly just saved the season?

we will find out soon enough.. the wild card is dusty

I too hate this te... (Brandon Phillips hits a two run walk off home run) nope, I still love this team. This team is like dating a really hot, really ****ty chick. You want to quit on them every time they break your heart, but then you have wild make up sex(walk off homers, etc...) and everything is ok, until...

wow that analogy is perfect... i feel the same way.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Could BP have possibly just saved the season?
    I think you're exactly right. There is hope for the rest of the series too with StL using lots of relief pitching tonight.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

I love this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    I agree. I certainly do not hate the franchise, but I hate this team, this year. They seem to all have this laid-back, care free attitude that disturbs me. I know this might be an isolated example, but after the Pujols homer, Votto is on first smiling and laughing with Berkman. Could you really see the 1990 Reds or the BRM horsing around with the enemy during the game against the team ahead of you in the standings? I really can't see Pete or Johnny joking around with Steve Garvey during the game. Losing to the Cardinals is unacceptable and the attitude of this team does not convey that.
    Yea clearly this team doesnt want it enough. Obv they just need to want it more and play with more grit, anger, and passion. Guys just don't care enough these days
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

hard to hate a team with the best +/- in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    Yea clearly this team doesnt want it enough. Obv they just need to want it more and play with more grit, anger, and passion. Guys just don't care enough these days
    People like Scott Boras has ruined the players and their loyalties to teams. A modern MLB player's loyalty lies only with the almighty dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    People like Scott Boras has ruined the players and their loyalties to teams. A modern MLB player's loyalty lies only with the almighty dollar.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^

It's not like any of us would be able to survive on that minimum wage that the MLB has set up, how many of us could think to suffer a paycut to $414,000.00 a year, they all need to be making $20 MIL

Kinda makes me to see how spoiled they are, I get the talent and hard work deal and it really is but come on folks, mortgage the house so a family of 4 can go to a game these days is insanity to me. JMO

Turn Off Ads?