Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zach Cozart...Refreshing

Zach Cozart...Refreshing

It really is refreshing watching this guy play. He seems to do all the little things right day in and day out so far. His base running is awesome, especially tonight tagging up from 1st on that ball hit to RF from Votto. I can't remember the last time I saw a Red do that. He was also clutch tonight scoring the runner from 3rd base in a situation with the bases juiced and less than 2 outs. For some reason we have the hardest time scoring runs in that situation. I hope some others on the team actually learn a thing or two from him and how he plays the game.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Zach Cozart...Refreshing

Agree that Cozart is playimg well. If he is better than Janisharia on both the offensive and defensive ends, that would be a big improvement for the Reds.

KD1476

What is amazing is that it took so long for management to bring him up. From what I have seen Cozart could have made a difference in a few of our loses. I know I am beating a dead horse, but it just does not make sense why it took them so long to pull the trigger on bringing him up.

He certainly is playing well. It appears that the shortstop question has been addressed at least in the short term. I'm not necessarily sure about the future because no one knows for sure but I like what I see.

I think "refreshing" is the best way to describe his play thus far. Well said. I think his sound fundamental play has quite a bit to do with the coaching in Louisville. Methinks that coaching changes are needed, and we need to look no further than Louisville, Ky. I like Dusty, semper fi. But, this team just is not fighting the way I want them to. Maybe this team needs some more "refreshing" influences.

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    I think "refreshing" is the best way to describe his play thus far. Well said. I think his sound fundamental play has quite a bit to do with the coaching in Louisville. Methinks that coaching changes are needed, and we need to look no further than Louisville, Ky. I like Dusty, semper fi. But, this team just is not fighting the way I want them to. Maybe this team needs some more "refreshing" influences.
    Maybe we can bring Lou back in, get him out of retirement

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I am a big Cozart fan. I will even go as far as to say we've shored up this position for the next few years.

Now, let's fix LF (Heisey full-time, anyone), figure out whither Drew Stubbs and add a starter.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I am a big Cozart fan. I will even go as far as to say we've shored up this position for the next few years.

Now, let's fix LF (Heisey full-time, anyone), figure out whither Drew Stubbs and add a starter.
    Agree. I like Cozart's swing. So much better than Janish's. Not sure why he was ever considered a glove-only type when drafted, as I seem to recall.

As for Stubbs, career-wise he's been better hitting in the 7-hole than leading off (0.777 to 0.730).

But we know how Baker feels about speed at leadoff, so it's pointless to even consider.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Agree. I like Cozart's swing. So much better than Janish's. Not sure why he was ever considered a glove-only type when drafted, as I seem to recall.

As for Stubbs, career-wise he's been better hitting in the 7-hole than leading off (0.777 to 0.730).

But we know how Baker feels about speed at leadoff, so it's pointless to even consider.
    Janish does not swing. He uses a wooden implement to cause a disturbance in the air 3-4 seconds after a leather-bound sphere has sped past him.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Well, Cozart's doing so well, Dusty has him on the bench today. "Playing SS, and batting 2nd Renteria." Pathetic. Biggest win this year and Baker benches his SS, moves Heisey to 7th, and inserts Stubbs as leadoff. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    Well, Cozart's doing so well, Dusty has him on the bench today. "Playing SS, and batting 2nd Renteria." Pathetic. Biggest win this year and Baker benches his SS, moves Heisey to 7th, and inserts Stubbs as leadoff. Why?
    Exactly what i was wondering. Why kill the momentum of a kid who goes 3 for 5 and plays a big part in the win last night? And then move a guy who hits 2 homers down in the lineup and put the strikeout machine batting leadoff?? I dont see the logic

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy10 View Post
    Exactly what i was wondering. Why kill the momentum of a kid who goes 3 for 5 and plays a big part in the win last night? And then move a guy who hits 2 homers down in the lineup and put the strikeout machine batting leadoff?? I dont see the logic
    I agree.I think this is the biggest line up error he's made.I hope it's a mistake.
    May the Lord bless

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy10 View Post
    I've stopped trying to figure out Dusty. I can see Stubbs being inserted, but he really isn't a lead off hitter, 'cept he has phenominal speed.(just can't utilize it, because he cannot/willnot bunt). My bigger surprise is that Heisey is even getting another start, period. That to me says something. I was betting that Gomes would be back out, there swinging at air, but, hey hey. He, JG, has atleast shown me more defensively than Lewis, who shoulda tried harder on those 'punk' hits Puljos and Holliday had off Cueto.
    As for Cozart. Fully impressed, and imo, should get the majority of PT. After last night, I am surprised he isn't starting, then getting an off day Sunday. But, Edgar is gonna have to get some starts, to show he can still be effective, or may as well have another youngster, not named Janish, as a back up IF.

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    Well, just shows how much I know: Stubbs and Renteria a couple of knocks, Heisey looked foolish in a couple of AB's. In Dusty I trust.lol But they still lost!

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Janish does not swing. He uses a wooden implement to cause a disturbance in the air 3-4 seconds after a leather-bound sphere has sped past him.

Turn Off Ads?