Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dayton

Dayton

I have a question.Why doesn't Dayton have the High A affiliate?Or maybe the AA or AAA team?I would of thought the fans deserve to be "called up".
    May the Lord bless

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dayton

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    I have a question.Why doesn't Dayton have the High A affiliate?Or maybe the AA or AAA team?I would of thought the fans deserve to be "called up".
    I totally agree. Dayton is a great baseball town. The field is beautiful, and the fans support the team very well. Dayton deserves it. Not saying that just because I live 30 minutes away, but because it is true.

Dayton doesn't have a High A team or a AA team because (among other reasons) there is no High A League or AA League in their area.

High A leagues are in California, Florida and the Carolinas/Virginia area

AA Leagues are Texas, the deep South, and Eastern League which Jersey, Penn, Maryland, NY, Maine, Ct. Dayton is simply too far away from those teams.

They have no AAA team because Louisville is in their region and is doing really well as a franchise. (Top five in all of minor league baseball over each year since 2006.) Moving Dayton to AAA (assuming the International League would allow it) would actually cost the Reds money. And interest.

We seem to have this discussion every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    I totally agree. Dayton is a great baseball town. The field is beautiful, and the fans support the team very well. Dayton deserves it. Not saying that just because I live 30 minutes away, but because it is true.
    Sounds like they do deserve it. However, like the other guys explained, very well I might add, it wouldn't be feasible at all. A good case in point right now, the AA Carolina Mudcats. Over the 20 plus years the Mudcats have been in the Southern League, team relocations in the league have gradually left Carolina on an island. The closest opponent to Carolina in this league is about an eight hour bus ride away. This is one of the primary reasons the owner opted to sell the team to Pensacola ownership. It is too expensive to be a part of a league that involves as much travel as Carolina has to do.

Next year this franchise will be ideally located for the Carolina High A League.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    We seem to have this discussion every few weeks.
    Seems that way but I have learned a lot on this board and if somebody doesn't ask questions they may never get the answers, myself included. Outside a small percentage of fans across the country, I find that there is not a lot of knowledge and understanding of the minor league structures and arrangements. To me, the minors are the most interesting and I am grateful that this board brings as much to the table as it does.

I almost didn't ask the question, being new to this aspect of the Reds' family.The reason I decided it was necessary,was my ignorance.I am thankful for the wealth of your knowledge,appreciate your patience.Instructing a child is tedious.
    May the Lord bless

duplicate.
    May the Lord bless

Turn Off Ads?