Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Curtis Granderson: Where are all the black fans?

Curtis Granderson: Where are all the black fans?

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-mlb-lacking/1

New York Yankees outfielder Curtis Granderson isn't telling Major League Baseball anything it doesn't already know.

Baseball appears to lack appeal and access to some blacks, whether they are participants or fans. And Granderson wasn't necessarily trying to stir the pot when he told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: "Count the number of African-American fans."
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Curtis Granderson: Where are all the black fans?

The lack of access in many inner cities really put baseball behind the 8 ball with young blacks didn't it? I know basketball seems to thrive in the major cities because of all the basketball courts and football is football. Is my insomnia acting up or is that how most people see it?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

For a Level Playing Field

I'd be curious to know the percentage of paying fans that are black in major sports in this country... MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL. And then compare that number to the percentage of each respective race in this country. That'll tell me more than Grandy Man's comment. I am not saying Grandy is wrong as he is at a lot more games than myself.

During the Jordan era, I attended a fair share of Bulls games. There weren't many black fans in attendance there either. It's not just baseball - at least in my experience.

Turn Off Ads?