Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why Is Arroyo Still A SP?

Super Agent

Why Is Arroyo Still A SP?

His only value was an inning eater but if you wear down 5 innings deep you aren't an asset to this team. I hope the team realizes this guys ship has sailed as a SP.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why Is Arroyo Still A SP?

Quote Originally Posted by NatiWolfpack24 View Post
    His only value was an inning eater but if you wear down 5 innings deep you aren't an asset to this team. I hope the team realizes this guys ship has sailed as a SP.
    He pitched pretty well tonight imo, gave up a 3 run bomb to Pujols. Offense blew chances.

I don't think he pitched badly either. That HR by Albert was low and away, he had to reach to hit it

The dude has mono and is still a quaility pitcher. Brantley nailed last night let him go his 6 innings and take him out.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Old Red Guard Reject

Maybe the Red Sox and/or Yankees will agree that he pitches well and take on that expensive extension.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

because he makes to much to be a reliever...

I don't think Bronson was the problem tonight for a change. It is our hitting with guys on base. We need a bat really bad to protect Votto. I am also for bringing Mesoraco up and keeping Cozart in the line up. I still don't understand changing the line up after a big W the night before. They were still facing a right hand pitcher.

The fact that Arroyo's velocity has been off two or three miles per hour all year long, should tell Dusty and Walt that he needs a rest. Put him on the 15 day DL, let him rest for three or four starts, and then see where he is at. We are already hampered by a third baseman that can apparently only play two days in a row,and gives us very little production, we can't really afford a pitcher, and I admire Arroyo for the effort ,who runs out of steam after five innings each game.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I thought he pitched fine. The HR hit by Pujols was lucky. The pitch wasn't even in the strike zone.

Arroyo is the Tom Browning of the current era. He gives you innings, and he's pretty much a .500 pitcher in terms of wins/losses.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I thought he pitched fine. The HR hit by Pujols was lucky. The pitch wasn't even in the strike zone.

Arroyo is the Tom Browning of the current era. He gives you innings, and he's pretty much a .500 pitcher in terms of wins/losses.
    Well he can pitch that perfect game any old time then
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Turn Off Ads?