Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What does everyone think about Darren Dreifort?

What does everyone think about Darren Dreifort?

So far this spring Dreifort's numbers are:

D Dreifort LA 1W 2L 196 ERA 18.1 IP 15H 9R 4ER
    2HR 1HBP 4 BB 19K's

Pretty good numbers. This guy really does have a world of talent, but has not been able to stay healthy. I have Kris Benson on one of my fantasy teams and was thinking about dropping him to pick up Dreifort. Was interested to see how you guys felt. What do you think the ceiling for both of these pitchers are:

My guess:

Dreifort: 14-8 3.89ERA 210K's
    Benson: 13-9 4.05ERA 185K's'

What do you think?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Dreifort never pitched as well as Benson in the past, before they were both hurt. I think he's a bigger risk, and I don't think his upside is much better than Benson's.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Re: What does everyone think about Darren Dreifort?

Originally posted by Red Leader

My guess:

Dreifort: 14-8 3.89ERA 210K's
    Benson: 13-9 4.05ERA 185K's'

If those are your estimates for the year, then I stick with Benson. Both are injury risks, but I think Benson is less of a risk than Dreifort.

Looking at Driefort's career, he has never have more than 168K in a year, so I see he and Benson being even there. Other than that, I agree with your predictions.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Dreifort never struck out more than 168 before he got hurt. Why would he all of a sudden be able to strike out 200?

As much as I've panned him as the 'worst contract in baseball' (I said this the day after he was signed) I actually like him as a fantasy pickup. But not by dropping Benson. Benson had a good second half last year, and has struck out as many as 184 as recently as 2000.
    Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?