Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

I've been able to buy into everything so far, but I just don't believe Walt would have brought that book into his house or have left it there after the Walt Whitman conversation with Hank.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've been able to buy into everything so far, too. After the prisoners were killed, I'm sure Walt was feeling like, "Okay, I've got everything taken care of. Things are good. I'm awesome, and I did it." But as his ego has escalated, he has gotten increasingly sloppy. I don't know if you've ever been in a position like that, but it happens. I know it has happened to me. But then again, I've been told on multiple occasions that I can act like a psychopath, and the same can be said for Walter White.

And just food for thought . . .

*POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST BECAUSE IT MIGHT RUIN FUTURE EPISODES*

When Walter and Gale first met, Gale found out that Walter is already a big Walt Whitman fan. Why would Gale give Walter a book that there's a good chance Walter already owned?

Also, Walter White + Gretchen Schwartz (which is German for 'Black') = Grey Matter. Just sayin'. Regardless of whether this is the direction they're going, Hank already has the seed planted in his head. It will be very interesting to see what his next move is.
    Last edited by camisadelgolf; 09-05-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I've been able to buy into everything so far, too. After the prisoners were killed, I'm sure Walt was feeling like, "Okay, I've got everything taken care of. Things are good. I'm awesome, and I did it." But as his ego has escalated, he has gotten increasingly sloppy. I don't know if you've ever been in a position like that, but it happens. I know it has happened to me. But then again, I've been told on multiple occasions that I can act like a psychopath, and the same can be said for Walter White.

And just food for thought . . .

*POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST BECAUSE IT MIGHT RUIN FUTURE EPISODES*

When Walter and Gale first met, Gale found out that Walter is already a big Walt Whitman fan. Why would Gale give Walter a book that there's a good chance Walter already owned?

Also, Walter White + Gretchen Schwartz (which is German for 'Black') = Grey Matter. Just sayin'. Regardless of whether this is the direction they're going, Hank already has the seed planted in his head. It will be very interesting to see what his next move is.

I also think it's noteworthy that Mike has said repeatedly he considers Walt a loose cannon and very reckless. So in Mike's world, or at least the world of meth distribution, Walt was already someone capable of slipping up on a small detail. So leaving a book behind in his bathroom, a place he probably regarded as a sanctuary, seems consistent with a man that was basically told he was a walking target.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Was the handwriting on each of the "W.W." notes the same?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Good question. I'll double-check that sometime this week.

Ask and ye shall receive:

From Season 4, Episode 4 (Bullet Points), the note found in Gale's writing's:

From Season 5, Episode 8 (Gliding All Over), the note inscribed in Walt's Leaves of Grass book from Gale:

"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Thank you Brutus! Have we met before?

O.K., if I am splitting hairs, they look a bit different. Notice the spacing between letters and also the difference between the word "To" - the "o" is proportionally different in size. But in reality this is a TV show we are dealing with and the writing is similar enough (if not the same) to assume that the same person wrote it.

The word "honour" is spelled the British way I notice.

Thanks for posting that, Brutus.

Even if the handwriting does not, match does it really matter? There is enough there for Hank to at least suspect, which is all that he really needed, correct? It's not like this link is going to incriminate Walt directly. It's just that now Hank suspects Walt, and he's going to be seeking the evidence he needs now. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Thanks for posting that, Brutus.

Even if the handwriting does not, match does it really matter? There is enough there for Hank to at least suspect, which is all that he really needed, correct? It's not like this link is going to incriminate Walt directly. It's just that now Hank suspects Walt, and he's going to be seeking the evidence he needs now. Right?
    That is true, the lightbulb has gone off in Hank's head and there is no putting that toothpaste back in the tube.

But aside from interrogation, what solid evidence is Hank likely to come up with at this juncture? I'm not arguing that he won't come up with something, but am fascinated at the possibilties.

Thank you Brutus! Have we met before?

O.K., if I am splitting hairs, they look a bit different. Notice the spacing between letters and also the difference between the word "To" - the "o" is proportionally different in size. But in reality this is a TV show we are dealing with and the writing is similar enough (if not the same) to assume that the same person wrote it.

The word "honour" is spelled the British way I notice.
    To be honest, I've written in all caps fairly often and I think the writing looks like it's by the same person (and in reality, it probably was the same person that wrote it). I know when I'm writing on a lined piece of paper versus one without lines, the penmanship changes slightly within the consistency and size of my letters. I would think those subtle changes you referenced would be expected on two different pieces of paper.

I wonder if the money Mike successfully stowed for his Granddaughter was confiscated.

I imagine they were both written by the same Props PA working on the show, so I'm pretty sure they match
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Possible ending of Breaking Bad foreshadowing:

During his insider podcast, creator Vince Gilligan, placed significant importance on the name Lydia, as a clue toward the ending of S5. As an avid reader, and follower of history, the tale of Lydia came to mind. The land of Lydia is known in Greek Mythology for its two Kings, Midas and Croesus... the story of Croesus…

The story of King Croesus:
    1. According to Herodotus he was the most powerful man of all antiquity
    2. He becomes blinded by his power and his willingness for complete control, even after the advice of his elders and the wise man, Solon.
    3. Shortly afterward, his beloved son dies in a freak accident
    4. In response, his wife commits suicide, leading Croesus alone with his only daughter, he then falls into a state of rage and recklessness, declares all out war on his inferior enemy, and because of his ignorance, leads to his complete downfall. In the end he is allowed to live, but would have preferred death. ( the story is also explained by Tolstoy in his work, Croesus and Fate.

In addition, at the beginning of episode 5.1. Walt says he is staying in town to protect one person… In a recent interview, Hank foretells the significance of Holly and the threats against her life.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Question:

Who is staring at Hank at the end of Season in the car when he tells Skylar "I won!"
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Just finished watching all of BB. I didn't exactly like the last scene when Hank finds the book. I thought that sets the final season in motion a little too quickly.

All along I have thought the cancer gets Walt before any law enforcement. My major question is does Hank put it all together? Does he "know" Walt is Heizenberg? What about the money? Does Marie tell Skylar that Hank is on Walt's trail? Does Hank find out Skylar is involved with Walt? Does Hank realize that drug money paid for his rehab?

Turn Off Ads?