Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    It's pretty manipulative no matter how you slice it. The fact that Hank doesn't care about Jesse and doesn't care if he dies means he's using him just as Walt used him. Ironically, while Walt used him, Walt actually does care about Jesse (as Hank pointed out).
    I just am not viewing this as a "look what depths Walt has dragged Hank to" (yet) moment. I figure a lot of DEA operations involve such risks. And Hank has never cared for Jesse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I just am not viewing this as a "look what depths Walt has dragged Hank to" (yet) moment. I figure a lot of DEA operations involve such risks. And Hank has never cared for Jesse.
    When you wish someone to die as Hank clearly would find joy out of (as Wonderful Monds mentioned, when Gomez said he might be killed, Hank replied, "even better"), you have sunk to some pretty bad depths.

And there's really no reason for Hank to hate Jesse like he does, as he's already pieced together that it was Walt, not Jesse, that made the call saying his wife was in the hospital.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

When you wish someone to die as Hank clearly would find joy out of (as Wonderful Monds mentioned, when Gomez said he might be killed, Hank replied, "even better"), you have sunk to some pretty bad depths.

And there's really no reason for Hank to hate Jesse like he does, as he's already pieced together that it was Walt, not Jesse, that made the call saying his wife was in the hospital.
    Exactly. It's why when he says that, they cut to Gomez' face, where his reaction is basically saying "Jesus, man..."

Difference of opinion aside, does Hank now have Jesse by the proverbial orbs?

Difference of opinion aside, does Hank now have Jesse by the proverbial orbs?
    I was curious how much Jesse confessed. I'm guessing he didn't bother to cop to Gale's murder, but we obviously don't know for certain. Either way, yeah I think Hank definitely does have a lot of leverage on Jesse but I doubt it ends up mattering.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

I agree it was a shady move but I don't know that Hank has taken a true turn for bad. He has always viewed dealers as scumbags. And it's not like he was hoping for Jesse to die, just made a calculated risk. Hank was correct in that Walt didnt want to kill Jesse anyway. So Hank was just right, not really manipulative.
    I guess I didn't view Hank as believing what he was feeding Jesse about Walt caring about him. He was right but I didn't think he or Jesse believed it.

I read it as Hank wasn't sure what Walt's plan was but he was leaning toward Walt killing Jesse and that's what he was hoping for. I'm not sure either of them thought they could get Walt to admit to anything that would implicate him.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

If I can ever meet Vince, I would ask him is thoughts on this episode. This episode didn't flow very well and am betting they were very indecisive with the editing. I think this episode is in the bottom 3 of my least favorites.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Well, Jesse did say he would get Walt where it really hurts. Now outwardly, this would be a threat on his family, but given their conversations about Walt wanting an "empire," you could be right that he's looking to take down Heisenberg's work.

If Jesse were to go back to cooking meth again as "Heisenberg," that would make Walt furious. So from that standpoint, I could see him booting back up and then taking credit for Heisenberg's meth "empire."
    This.

Vince even said don't assume Jessie is out of the meth game in a interview.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

I always check ew.com for an episode recap in case I missed anything. It is usually a fluff piece. But this weeks episode was trashed like I've never seen.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    This.

Vince even said don't assume Jessie is out of the meth game in a interview.
    Interestingly, the title of this week's upcoming episode is "To'hajiilee"

Earlier this past week, I had looked that up and it's the name of an Indian Reservation outside of Albuquerque. The area, apparently, is where Walt and Jesse went to cook meth with the RV early in the series. I believe it's also the area that Walt hid his money, although I don't think Jesse knows that.

Might I theorize that Jesse goes back out there and boots back up again this week? That would certainly rile up Walt.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Jessica Hecht was filming in Albuquerque last year, reprising her role as the lost love of Walter White's youth on the concluding season of "Breaking Bad,"
    http://theater.nytimes.com/2013/05/1...ties.html?_r=0

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

I was curious how much Jesse confessed. I'm guessing he didn't bother to cop to Gale's murder, but we obviously don't know for certain. Either way, yeah I think Hank definitely does have a lot of leverage on Jesse but I doubt it ends up mattering.
    I don't know, but Hank did describe Jesse as a "junkie/murderer" near the end of the episode.

14. Likes:

CoachBombay (09-03-2013)

-The Insider-

I agree that this episode wasn't the best, but we have been spoiled so far the past few weeks. Each episode has been better than the next. It left us wanting to watch every second to make sure we didn't miss anything at all and left us at the conclusion of each with a "noooooo don't stop!"

Sunday's episode left us with that with the last line, but I did feel it was a little bit different.

It's a bit confusing. It would be great to see her pop up in one of the last four episodes. However, they said she was on set "last year" reprising her role. Her character, though, hasn't made an appearance for a couple of seasons and these last eight episodes were shot earlier this year. They started filming in January, I believe.

Anyhow, would love to see her make one final appearance.
    Last edited by Brutus; 09-02-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

All I know is that I will be majorly disappointed if they leave this loose end untied. I've been waiting forever to see Gretchen make a reappearance.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Turn Off Ads?