Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 1082

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

  1. #481
    Stat geek...and proud
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Paris, OH
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    I thought Flynn was Kaiser Soze? No crutches needed.

  2. Likes:

    Razor Shines (08-23-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #482
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    534

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    BB is so deep I STILL don't fully understand the fly episode 3 years later.

    Jessie learns the only way to deal with Walts obsession is to play along and we furth learn the extent of Walt's paranoia. Many believe the fly wasn't ever there until the end of the show. Rewatch and listen to Jessie's story about the possum.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

  5. #483
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,901

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    I have never been more angry/upset watching TV ever than during Walt's 'confession'.


    Team Hank/Marie 4 life.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  6. Likes:

    Larkin Fan (08-26-2013)

  7. #484
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    534

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Can anybody explain how Jessie pieced it together ? I watched that scene twice
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

  8. #485
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,901

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    He realized that Huell had replaced his dope with cigarettes, just like he had replaced the cigarette pack with the ricin cigarette Jesse had with another cigarette pack.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  9. Likes:

    Razor Shines (08-25-2013)

  10. #486
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,329

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Can anybody explain how Jessie pieced it together ? I watched that scene twice
    To me it was too much of a giveaway that Saul would have even risked it.

    Jesse has been racking his brain for who could have expertly lifted his cigs with the ricin. Someone he already suspects proves he has the ability? I can't see Saul risking that.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 08-25-2013 at 11:40 PM.

  11. #487
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,901

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    I don't think the whole 'Brock' thing is even a blip on Saul's radar these days. Hell, when was the last time we saw Jesse reference Brock anyway? It's one of those things that you know is still on Jesse's mind but obviously he's not going around talking about it all the time, and it's a total non-issue to everyone else in the BB world.


    When Jesse first started grabbing around, I thought Huell had taken his phone and they set him up to be killed.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  12. #488
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    534

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    We now know what puts Walt on the run and Jessie is the one who spray paints the house.....

    If not for that great acting that scene with the cig pack comes across as very lazy writing..

    The last twenty minutes of this episode was the best of the series.
    Last edited by 19braves77; 08-25-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

  13. #489
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,329

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't think the whole 'Brock' thing is even a blip on Saul's radar these days. Hell, when was the last time we saw Jesse reference Brock anyway? It's one of those things that you know is still on Jesse's mind but obviously he's not going around talking about it all the time, and it's a total non-issue to everyone else in the BB world.


    When Jesse first started grabbing around, I thought Huell had taken his phone and they set him up to be killed.
    Maybe. But he did have to make the decision for Huell to lift his dope and I think that would have reminded him. "Hey Huell, he's got some dope in his pocket. Replace that with a pack of cigs....yeah, exactly like you did with the ricin....oh wait."

  14. #490
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    11,497

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I have never been more angry/upset watching TV ever than during Walt's 'confession'.


    Team Hank/Marie 4 life.
    Worse than Ryan Braun's "confession?"
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  15. #491
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    534

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Lot of people discussion the reveal with Jessie:

    http://m.theatlantic.com/entertainme...evable/279017/

    like I said if the scene comes across as lame it looks like very convenient writing ..... I guess the scene will grow on me.
    Last edited by 19braves77; 08-26-2013 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Spelling
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

  16. #492
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Lot of people discussion the reveal with Jessie:

    http://m.theatlantic.com/entertainme...evable/279017/

    like I said if the scene comes across as lame it looks like very convenient writing ..... I guess the scene will grow on me.
    That whole plot was pretty tough to believe in the first place. Now they are doubling down on it.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  17. #493
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,593

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Lot of people discussion the reveal with Jessie:

    http://m.theatlantic.com/entertainme...evable/279017/

    like I said if the scene comes across as lame it looks like very convenient writing ..... I guess the scene will grow on me.
    I don't see it as lazy writing. They planted this seed in season four. Jesse already first suspected Huell lifted the cigarettes off him when he accused Walt of poisoning Brock, so knowing he lifted his pot this time was a sensible conclusion for him to reach.

    Remember that Jesse even told Walt he thought Heull took the ricin when he went into Saul's office. This just confirmed his suspicions.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  18. #494
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    11,497

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I don't see it as lazy writing. They planted this seed in season four. Jesse already first suspected Huell lifted the cigarettes off him when he accused Walt of poisoning Brock, so knowing he lifted his pot this time was a sensible conclusion for him to reach.

    Remember that Jesse even told Walt he thought Heull took the ricin when he went into Saul's office. This just confirmed his suspicions.
    The lazy writing was the way Jesse's suspicions were confirmed. It's just not believable that Saul would have Huell do the same thing to Jesse that he did with the Ricin.

    It's another of a long line examples in the past few seasons of having really smart characters do really dumb things, for the sake of progressing the plot. That's the very definition of lazy writing. But the show was so smartly written in the first three seasons, that everyone is willing to overlook them, and that's fine. Considering it's in its fifth season, the plot holes are rather minor, and acceptable at this point.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  19. #495
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,593

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The lazy writing was the way Jesse's suspicions were confirmed. It's just not believable that Saul would have Huell do the same thing to Jesse that he did with the Ricin.

    It's another of a long line examples in the past few seasons of having really smart characters do really dumb things, for the sake of progressing the plot. That's the very definition of lazy writing. But the show was so smartly written in the first three seasons, that everyone is willing to overlook them, and that's fine. Considering it's in its fifth season, the plot holes are rather minor, and acceptable at this point.
    I don't see what your point is. Saul wasn't trying to fool Jesse, he just didn't want him showing up with a bag of pot, possibly ruining his chance to flee. The last thing on Saul's mind would have been thinking that Jesse might thus figure out Huell is the one that took his ricin if he also takes the pot. As far as Saul was concerned, that was a closed book. There'd have been no reason for that to cross his mind. That simply wasn't an issue any longer.

    It's not lazy writing at all. It's actually very clever that they were thinking that far ahead. The whole point the writers have been trying to get across is that it's not the big things that wind up unraveling lies; it's always the smallest details. They continue to be terrific at doing that. This is just another example.

    The little things are what get even the smartest of folks. It's always the smallest detail they don't think through that ruins a lie. This is actually the way a lie would be expected to unravel. There's no reason Saul would have ever thought Jesse would put two and two together. Smart folks don't slip up on the big things. It's the things you'd have no reason to think about that wind up biting you in the rear -- like this.

    I think you're really reaching with the criticism.
    Last edited by Brutus; 08-26-2013 at 03:48 AM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  20. Likes:

    kbrake (08-26-2013)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25