Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    Jesse hates Walt but he also hates Hank. If Jesse ever put together the Brock part or found out about Jane he'd side with Hank but at the same time I don't know I'd figure he'd take things in his own hands.

I just don't see Breaking Bad going thru legal system way because they're are 6 episodes left and there is obvious still something going down with the meth side of things.

I could see Jesse trying to say he did everything since the guilt is getting to him but of course Hank wouldn't buy it.
    I agree that they'd never let it get to a courtroom setting, but I think Jesse ultimately flips and before Walt is ever apprehended, he fakes his death, while Jesse winds up leaving town never to be heard from again. I think we were clued in to this possibility during Badger's story when he foreshadowed by saying "where are you going? You're missing the best part."
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    I just don't see Breaking Bad going thru legal system way because they're are 6 episodes left and there is obvious still something going down with the meth side of things.
    Yeah, there's clearly stuff still to come on the meth business end of things. We haven't even talked about Lydia having Landry Clarke take out their business partners.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

4. Likes:

Chip R (08-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Yeah, there's clearly stuff still to come on the meth business end of things. We haven't even talked about Lydia having Landry Clarke take out their business partners.
    That's the battle Walt is after now (future Walt that is) Not Hank, not Jesse, not Skylar. He's going to battle those prison monkey's who are probably sullying his blue's reputation, which at this time is likely all he has.

That's the battle Walt is after now (future Walt that is) Not Hank, not Jesse, not Skylar. He's going to battle those prison monkey's who are probably sullying his blue's reputation, which at this time is likely all he has.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I agree. I think it's about 99% likely the gun is for the skinhead white supremacists.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Mos def. And I have no doubt the tarantula jar is still going to come back to haunt Walt. That's not the kind of loose end the show leaves untied.

It seems rather likely that Todd as the head cook for Lydia won't work out all that great, which means Lydia will need Walt or Jesse.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

The character arc of Jesse in this show is one of the best in any show I've ever watched. I think he's a fantastic actor and I love how he's evolved. Fascinating stuff.

Hanks has always been obsessed with Heisenberg. Now that he knows it's Walt, I think he is so consumed by getting him that he goes rogue..... probably even in the next episode. I think he'll go way outside the boundaries of his job and the DEA will cut him loose. But he's so consumed by it that he won't stop and if he doesn't wind up dead (the most likely scenario), he could be the one who winds up in prison.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It seems rather likely that Todd as the head cook for Lydia won't work out all that great, which means Lydia will need Walt or Jesse.
    Which is the reason for the M-60. Walt to free jesse held captive. Hank probably tries to take down the new cartel lab and leadership. Walts motive is more to kill all witnesses than to rescue jesse. Jesse and hank working in cohoots. Jesse motive is to get Todd either dead or arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The character arc of Jesse in this show is one of the best in any show I've ever watched. I think he's a fantastic actor and I love how he's evolved. Fascinating stuff.
    I realize this sounds like an absurd thing to say for someone who's won two Emmys for the role, but I don't think he gets enough credit. At the very least, I don't think everyone appreciates just how difficult a role it is to play. He's embodied both an off-the-rails drug addict to a broken-down moral center and everything in between -- by turns confused, confident, student, teacher, loverboy, killer, on and on. One of those is difficult enough for an actor; he's pulled off all of them. And right now he doesn't have much of ANYTHING to do and he's still plowing through it.

I realize this sounds like an absurd thing to say for someone who's won two Emmys for the role, but I don't think he gets enough credit. At the very least, I don't think everyone appreciates just how difficult a role it is to play. He's embodied both an off-the-rails drug addict to a broken-down moral center and everything in between -- by turns confused, confident, student, teacher, loverboy, killer, on and on. One of those is difficult enough for an actor; he's pulled off all of them. And right now he doesn't have much of ANYTHING to do and he's still plowing through it.
    Yep, agree. I mentioned it at some point on this forum that while Cranston seems to get most of the hype (not saying he doesn't deserve it as he's been excellent), I think Aaron Paul has been the most impressive actor of this series.

And while I love Breaking Bad, it's still not in the same universe as The Wire for me. However, from a character perspective, I think Jesse Pinkman is right up there with characters from The Wire.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I def think Breaking Bad is in The Wire's league. I could see it passing The Wire if it nails the ending.

I love both though. I like ranking stuff but in a way it's kinda silly since they are both amazing.

Cranston and Paul are both amazing.

15. Likes:

Chip R (08-21-2013)

For me The Wire was incredibly cerebral and challenged me to think about how I viewed the world, people, etc.... There was an intellectual/philosophical component to The Wire that is unmatched, IMO.

Breaking Bad is intriguing, with good acting, great characters, good plotting, intense scenes but nothing more really. I can't recall it ever provoking much deep thought. So many of the underlying premises have been pretty far-fetched and lacking believability, where The Wire seemed so real (except season 5, which I am pretending never happened). But Breaking Bad is still great drama. The Wire was so much more than that, at least for me.

17. Likes:

757690 (08-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    For me The Wire was incredibly cerebral and challenged me to think about how I viewed the world, people, etc.... There was an intellectual/philosophical component to The Wire that is unmatched, IMO.

Breaking Bad is intriguing, with good acting, great characters, good plotting, intense scenes but nothing more really. I can't recall it ever provoking much deep thought. So many of the underlying premises have been pretty far-fetched and lacking believability, where The Wire seemed so real (except season 5, which I am pretending never happened). But Breaking Bad is still great drama. The Wire was so much more than that, at least for me.
    I can't say it better than you did, so I'll just say I completely agree. Breaking Bad is an incredible show, but The Wire and The Sopranos (the two best shows of all time...so far) had a depth to them that made you think about them long after the series had completed. The Wire and The Sopranos had so many things to say about human nature, addiction, the legal system, politics, sex, family, etc. Those shows are art.

Breaking Bad is an amazingly entertaining show, one of the most entertaining shows I've ever seen, but it's not art.

Agree.

So many of these discussions about TV shows wind up coming back to The Wire (a couple of times because of me ). But to me, that show is the gold standard for what TV can be, so it's always going to draw comparisons. If a show is even being mentioned with The Wire, that is a good sign it was a quality show.

Turn Off Ads?