Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Anybody have any thoughts on what the opening scene meant? Why is Meth Damon calling Walt to tell him about taking out Declan and his guys?

I read somewhere that was a goodbye to those characters....I don't know it was odd.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Anybody have any thoughts on what the opening scene meant? Why is Meth Damon calling Walt to tell him about taking out Declan and his guys?

I read somewhere that was a goodbye to those characters....I don't know it was odd.
    I don't have an answer but I applaud the "Meth Damon" moniker.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I don't have an answer but I applaud the "Meth Damon" moniker.
    Breaking Good podcast gets that one. I don't really like that podcast but I am with you in applauding the moniker.

I am surprised anyone would think it's a goodbye. It has to be a huge clue the show was giving by showing they were coming back to New Mexico. I can't imagine that detail would have been relevant if they were seeing them off into the sunset.

They wouldn't have spent time on Lydia being fearful of the Czechs and then show Todd, his uncle and their gang overtaking Declan's crew for the storyline just to be dropped. That angle is going to play a huge part I'm sure.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I have never been more angry/upset watching TV ever than during Walt's 'confession'.

Team Hank/Marie 4 life.
    I thought it was hilarious.

I'm not rooting for Walt, of course, but I do enjoy when the show lets him be clever.

And honestly, I like Hank as a character, but I find it impossible to root for the DEA.

I'm not really rooting for anything at this point. Maybe for Jesse to make it out all right, but that seems doubtful.

Three episodes in, and it's already a possibility that Breaking Bad might have the best ending season of any show ever.

Compare it to other top tier shows like The Sopranos or The Wire - both faded in their final seasons.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

An Op-Ed in the NY Times from Anna (Skyler) Gunn.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/op...sue.html?_r=1&
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

Hating a tv character is kind of a funny thing to do.

I will say that I've read quite a bit about people saying they "hate Skyler" because Anna Gunn isn't a very good actress not always because of her character arch.

I haven't read anywhere that someone hates her for not "shutting up and standing by her man", I thought that's what she is doing?

I guess Skyler wasn't much of a stretch for Anna. Have a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I guess Skyler wasn't much of a stretch for Anna. Have a sense of humor.
    I still hate Anna for cheating on Jerry with cousin Jeffrey. If she would have just admitted it I could have forgiven her, but she never did.

11. Likes:

Chip R (08-26-2013),Stray (08-26-2013)

Hating a tv character is kind of a funny thing to do.
    The same people who claim they hate her and want her to die would squeal like tweens at a Bieber concert if she even so much as looked their way. It doesn't take a lot of courage to hate on someone behind a keyboard.

I will say that I've read quite a bit about people saying they "hate Skyler" because Anna Gunn isn't a very good actress not always because of her character arch.

I haven't read anywhere that someone hates her for not "shutting up and standing by her man", I thought that's what she is doing?
    Well, they like to use that excuse but she's been nominated for 3 SAGs (including one for Deadwood) an Emmy and a few other awards. She's never won but neither has Jon Hamm.

There's another double standard. When she shuts up and stands by Walt, she's as bad as he is. When she tries(d) to stand up to him, she was a shrewish harpy who wouldn't let Walt have any fun. People compare Skyler to Carmela Soprano but Carm was usually easily bought off with fur coats or jewelry or Tony signing some kind of investment thing or greasing the skids for her house. Skyler has acquiesced to Walt but only when he agreed to let Hank and Marie have the kids. That's not to say Skyler's head isn't turned by money but certainly not like Carm's was.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

The same people who claim they hate her and want her to die would squeal like tweens at a Bieber concert if she even so much as looked their way. It doesn't take a lot of courage to hate on someone behind a keyboard.
    Bieber is so 2011.

Austin Mahone is the go-to tween now. Last night's VMAs apparently confirmed that.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Three episodes in, and it's already a possibility that Breaking Bad might have the best ending season of any show ever.

Compare it to other top tier shows like The Sopranos or The Wire - both faded in their final seasons.
    It could wind up being just that. Those other two shows both should have quite before the last season. The Sopranos was just kind of boring, The Wire was just ridiculous....like a completely different show. Most shows that have had an overall arc over all the seasons have wound up disappointing, especially Lost.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

-The Insider-

For those who loved the "Trip to Belize" quote, this is why Breaking Bad is so awesome:

Hopefully someone smarter than me can explain the final scenes.

Prompted by Walt, Jessie is getting a new start. Saul calls his guy to give him a new ID and take him somewhere. I can't figure out of that was meant to be a hit on Jessie or a true "fresh start".

I also can't figure the significance of his ricin cigarette being missing? Granted he notices it missing but why would Walt/Saul want the ricin cigarette and why would Jessie be pissed that is gone? To me the only use for the ricin would be to kill yourself. Walt/Saul taking the ricin away would be helping Jessie, no?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Hopefully someone smarter than me can explain the final scenes.

Prompted by Walt, Jessie is getting a new start. Saul calls his guy to give him a new ID and take him somewhere. I can't figure out of that was meant to be a hit on Jessie or a true "fresh start".

I also can't figure the significance of his ricin cigarette being missing? Granted he notices it missing but why would Walt/Saul want the ricin cigarette and why would Jessie be pissed that is gone? To me the only use for the ricin would be to kill yourself. Walt/Saul taking the ricin away would be helping Jessie, no?
    It has to do with Brock being poisoned.

If you'll remember, when Brock was sick and before Jesse found out it was due to the Lily of the Valley, he thought he was poisoned by ricin, and accuses Walt of doing it. When he goes to Walt and has the gun to his head, he accuses him of having Saul lift the cigarette from him so he could poison Brock. Walt convinces him that Gus did it to turn Jesse against him. As we know, Walt's lying and Saul really did take it.

So that scene where he's going through his pockets, first he realizes that his weed is gone, and he knows that Saul took it because he tried to get him to ditch it right before he left. Then he realizes that Saul really did have the ricin pick pocketed from him, and that Walt really did set Jesse up and poisoned Brock.

18. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-27-2013)

Turn Off Ads?