Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 1082

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

  1. #271
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    I've been able to buy into everything so far, but I just don't believe Walt would have brought that book into his house or have left it there after the Walt Whitman conversation with Hank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #272
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,431

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    I've been able to buy into everything so far, too. After the prisoners were killed, I'm sure Walt was feeling like, "Okay, I've got everything taken care of. Things are good. I'm awesome, and I did it." But as his ego has escalated, he has gotten increasingly sloppy. I don't know if you've ever been in a position like that, but it happens. I know it has happened to me. But then again, I've been told on multiple occasions that I can act like a psychopath, and the same can be said for Walter White.

    And just food for thought . . .

    *POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST BECAUSE IT MIGHT RUIN FUTURE EPISODES*

    When Walter and Gale first met, Gale found out that Walter is already a big Walt Whitman fan. Why would Gale give Walter a book that there's a good chance Walter already owned?

    Also, Walter White + Gretchen Schwartz (which is German for 'Black') = Grey Matter. Just sayin'. Regardless of whether this is the direction they're going, Hank already has the seed planted in his head. It will be very interesting to see what his next move is.
    Last edited by camisadelgolf; 09-05-2012 at 02:57 AM.

  4. #273
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,477

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I've been able to buy into everything so far, too. After the prisoners were killed, I'm sure Walt was feeling like, "Okay, I've got everything taken care of. Things are good. I'm awesome, and I did it." But as his ego has escalated, he has gotten increasingly sloppy. I don't know if you've ever been in a position like that, but it happens. I know it has happened to me. But then again, I've been told on multiple occasions that I can act like a psychopath, and the same can be said for Walter White.

    And just food for thought . . .

    *POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST BECAUSE IT MIGHT RUIN FUTURE EPISODES*

    When Walter and Gale first met, Gale found out that Walter is already a big Walt Whitman fan. Why would Gale give Walter a book that there's a good chance Walter already owned?

    Also, Walter White + Gretchen Schwartz (which is German for 'Black') = Grey Matter. Just sayin'. Regardless of whether this is the direction they're going, Hank already has the seed planted in his head. It will be very interesting to see what his next move is.

    I also think it's noteworthy that Mike has said repeatedly he considers Walt a loose cannon and very reckless. So in Mike's world, or at least the world of meth distribution, Walt was already someone capable of slipping up on a small detail. So leaving a book behind in his bathroom, a place he probably regarded as a sanctuary, seems consistent with a man that was basically told he was a walking target.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  5. #274
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,808

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Was the handwriting on each of the "W.W." notes the same?

  6. #275
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,431

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Was the handwriting on each of the "W.W." notes the same?
    Good question. I'll double-check that sometime this week.

  7. #276
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,477

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Was the handwriting on each of the "W.W." notes the same?
    Ask and ye shall receive:

    From Season 4, Episode 4 (Bullet Points), the note found in Gale's writing's:



    From Season 5, Episode 8 (Gliding All Over), the note inscribed in Walt's Leaves of Grass book from Gale:

    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  8. #277
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,808

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Thank you Brutus! Have we met before?

    O.K., if I am splitting hairs, they look a bit different. Notice the spacing between letters and also the difference between the word "To" - the "o" is proportionally different in size. But in reality this is a TV show we are dealing with and the writing is similar enough (if not the same) to assume that the same person wrote it.

    The word "honour" is spelled the British way I notice.

  9. #278
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Thanks for posting that, Brutus.

    Even if the handwriting does not, match does it really matter? There is enough there for Hank to at least suspect, which is all that he really needed, correct? It's not like this link is going to incriminate Walt directly. It's just that now Hank suspects Walt, and he's going to be seeking the evidence he needs now. Right?

  10. #279
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,808

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Thanks for posting that, Brutus.

    Even if the handwriting does not, match does it really matter? There is enough there for Hank to at least suspect, which is all that he really needed, correct? It's not like this link is going to incriminate Walt directly. It's just that now Hank suspects Walt, and he's going to be seeking the evidence he needs now. Right?
    That is true, the lightbulb has gone off in Hank's head and there is no putting that toothpaste back in the tube.

    But aside from interrogation, what solid evidence is Hank likely to come up with at this juncture? I'm not arguing that he won't come up with something, but am fascinated at the possibilties.

  11. #280
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,477

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Thank you Brutus! Have we met before?

    O.K., if I am splitting hairs, they look a bit different. Notice the spacing between letters and also the difference between the word "To" - the "o" is proportionally different in size. But in reality this is a TV show we are dealing with and the writing is similar enough (if not the same) to assume that the same person wrote it.

    The word "honour" is spelled the British way I notice.
    To be honest, I've written in all caps fairly often and I think the writing looks like it's by the same person (and in reality, it probably was the same person that wrote it). I know when I'm writing on a lined piece of paper versus one without lines, the penmanship changes slightly within the consistency and size of my letters. I would think those subtle changes you referenced would be expected on two different pieces of paper.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  12. #281
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    I wonder if the money Mike successfully stowed for his Granddaughter was confiscated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  13. #282
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,821

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Was the handwriting on each of the "W.W." notes the same?
    I imagine they were both written by the same Props PA working on the show, so I'm pretty sure they match
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  14. #283
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    490

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Possible ending of Breaking Bad foreshadowing:

    During his insider podcast, creator Vince Gilligan, placed significant importance on the name Lydia, as a clue toward the ending of S5. As an avid reader, and follower of history, the tale of Lydia came to mind. The land of Lydia is known in Greek Mythology for its two Kings, Midas and Croesus... the story of Croesus…

    The story of King Croesus:
    1. According to Herodotus he was the most powerful man of all antiquity
    2. He becomes blinded by his power and his willingness for complete control, even after the advice of his elders and the wise man, Solon.
    3. Shortly afterward, his beloved son dies in a freak accident
    4. In response, his wife commits suicide, leading Croesus alone with his only daughter, he then falls into a state of rage and recklessness, declares all out war on his inferior enemy, and because of his ignorance, leads to his complete downfall. In the end he is allowed to live, but would have preferred death. ( the story is also explained by Tolstoy in his work, Croesus and Fate.

    In addition, at the beginning of episode 5.1. Walt says he is staying in town to protect one person… In a recent interview, Hank foretells the significance of Holly and the threats against her life.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

  15. #284
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    490

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Question:

    Who is staring at Hank at the end of Season in the car when he tells Skylar "I won!"
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

  16. #285
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,108

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Just finished watching all of BB. I didn't exactly like the last scene when Hank finds the book. I thought that sets the final season in motion a little too quickly.

    All along I have thought the cancer gets Walt before any law enforcement. My major question is does Hank put it all together? Does he "know" Walt is Heizenberg? What about the money? Does Marie tell Skylar that Hank is on Walt's trail? Does Hank find out Skylar is involved with Walt? Does Hank realize that drug money paid for his rehab?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25