Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

I'm no lawyer, but I'm thinking it works along those lines.

I invite you into my house, let you use my bathroom, while in my bathroom you take the piece of art sitting on the wall, the prosecuter would likely accuse you of being a thief.

Hank didn't have permssion to search, nor sieze Walt's private property. Nothing about the book directly implements Walt in a crime, so he couldn't be arrested on the spot, the book would not be permissable in court.

It does have me wondering, breaking it up like they have, if small details like that are going to be left out to bring the show to an end, that appears to have more conflict than just Walt via Hank. I kind of wish they would have spent more time on hank combing thru the details, getting fustrated by finding nothing of value that links Hank to Gayle other than the hand writing. It didn't have to be long, just one of those time lapse sequences that they did when they were cooking meth several times, kind of highlight his fustration of thinking he found a huge break in the case, but failing to find any additional connection back to Walt.

2. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-13-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Also not a lawyer so I could be way off, but I think the book could be used in court if Hank had left it there in Walt's home, then returned with a search warrant. Hank sneaking the book out and taking it home would make it ineligible as evidence since hypothetically Hank could have taken the book home and written in those words.
    I doubt a judge would allow a search warrent w/o any specific proof that Walt could be tied to the drug ring. Hank certainly couldn't say, well I saw this book, sneaked it out, examined it, writing matches up, then I put it back, so lets go get a search warrent and nail the SOB. Hank could have put the book back as evidence if you could have found something more substaintial. It would have been Hank's dirty little secret on how he broke the case, but w/ nothing else to fall back on, the book falls into the illegal search and seisure catagory.

I think Hank took the book to compare because he had to be sure, using it as evidence was probably secondary to his thinking at that time. He probably thought that if the handwriting matched up he would be able to dig and find more damning evidence on Walt making the book irrelevant.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I'm no lawyer, but I'm thinking it works along those lines.

I invite you into my house, let you use my bathroom, while in my bathroom you take the piece of art sitting on the wall, the prosecuter would likely accuse you of being a thief.

Hank didn't have permssion to search, nor sieze Walt's private property. Nothing about the book directly implements Walt in a crime, so he couldn't be arrested on the spot, the book would not be permissable in court.

It does have me wondering, breaking it up like they have, if small details like that are going to be left out to bring the show to an end, that appears to have more conflict than just Walt via Hank. I kind of wish they would have spent more time on hank combing thru the details, getting fustrated by finding nothing of value that links Hank to Gayle other than the hand writing. It didn't have to be long, just one of those time lapse sequences that they did when they were cooking meth several times, kind of highlight his fustration of thinking he found a huge break in the case, but failing to find any additional connection back to Walt.
    I don't think they have the time to dive into the legal aspects of the case. The way the first episode went, Hank knows Walt is Heisenberg but it appears as if he also knows that he doesn't have the evidence to prove guilt. Its all clicking in his head as to how Walt pulled it off, but the key piece to everything would be disallowed in court.

I am interested to see how it plays out with Hank doing all the work in his garage because Walt is his brother-in-law. Is there shame? Does Hank think he somehow can be connected? Is he able to bring anything to his bosses about Walt?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't think they have the time to dive into the legal aspects of the case. The way the first episode went, Hank knows Walt is Heisenberg but it appears as if he also knows that he doesn't have the evidence to prove guilt. Its all clicking in his head as to how Walt pulled it off, but the key piece to everything would be disallowed in court.

I am interested to see how it plays out with Hank doing all the work in his garage because Walt is his brother-in-law. Is there shame? Does Hank think he somehow can be connected? Is he able to bring anything to his bosses about Walt?
    You have to remember that Hank got his current position because his boss was sacked after the whole thing went down with Gus because he was friendly with him. What would it look like if the muckety-mucks at the DEA found out Hank's brother in law - who was close to him since neither family has any other friends - was the infamous Heisenberg?

The book is most likely inadmissible but there might be other ways for Hank to nail Walt. But, as Walt said, he'll be dead before he's convicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Not "spoilers" as in giving away future episodes, but an interesting (and terrifying) theory based on some clues...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/th...ty-mindblowing

Apologies if an earlier version of this was posted; I tried to avoid spoilers before the season started!
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

10. Likes:

vaticanplum (08-15-2013)

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

There's a couple good podcasts for Breaking Bad out there (and a lot of bad ones). But the good ones that I've found are "the ones who knock" and "Breaking Good". Pretty insightful stuff usually, although these people apparently have no lives.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    There's a couple good podcasts for Breaking Bad out there (and a lot of bad ones). But the good ones that I've found are "the ones who knock" and "Breaking Good". Pretty insightful stuff usually, although these people apparently have no lives.
    they are TV critics

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    Very interesting. I'm sure there are some clues that could be taken from that if we examine very, very closely, but that's a lot to process. I admire the person that took the time to put that together.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

"I will kill your infant minerals."
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

15. Likes:

Brutus (08-17-2013),Chip R (08-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I was listening to Breaking Good and I was surprised that the season 5 premier got 2.9 million viewers and the season 6 or 5b got 5.9 million viewers. As they pointed out, thank you Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    Check out Walter Jr. after getting a new car. Lot of red/pink. Car wreck coming?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Early bird gets the stacks of cash.

I can't Belize what is happening.

20. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-18-2013)

Turn Off Ads?