Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 1082

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

  1. #76
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    885

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    Quote Originally Posted by yab1112 View Post
    Do all of you still find yourselves rooting for Walt despite what he did?
    To call Walt entirely selfish would be a bit too far fetched, IMO. There's reasoning behind what he did.

    Also, I don't know if you guys caught this or what, but after Jesse and Walt shook hands and Jesse was leaving, the camera was angled from the perspective of someone hiding. If you listen closely, you can hear what sounds like breathing. This makes me wonder if Mike played a role in helping Walt. He was clearly acknowledging someone in the car at the end. Who else would have that air freshener? You could say it was Gus' car, but unless it was moved, it wasn't parked in the same place as it was in 'End Times', at least from what I saw.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #77
    Member Buckeye33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    2,410

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Also, I don't know if you guys caught this or what, but after Jesse and Walt shook hands and Jesse was leaving, the camera was angled from the perspective of someone hiding. If you listen closely, you can hear what sounds like breathing. This makes me wonder if Mike played a role in helping Walt. He was clearly acknowledging someone in the car at the end. Who else would have that air freshener? You could say it was Gus' car, but unless it was moved, it wasn't parked in the same place as it was in 'End Times', at least from what I saw.
    This is a great observation and theory. I'm sure Mike figured out that he was pretty much left for dead when he was shot and all the medical staff worked on Gus until he was stable before they even thought about helping Mike. I also agree that the air freshener could not have been Gus' car, as it was not parked on the roof of the parking garage when he abandoned it.
    Matta = Really good

  4. #78
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    To call Walt entirely selfish would be a bit too far fetched, IMO. There's reasoning behind what he did.

    Also, I don't know if you guys caught this or what, but after Jesse and Walt shook hands and Jesse was leaving, the camera was angled from the perspective of someone hiding. If you listen closely, you can hear what sounds like breathing. This makes me wonder if Mike played a role in helping Walt. He was clearly acknowledging someone in the car at the end. Who else would have that air freshener? You could say it was Gus' car, but unless it was moved, it wasn't parked in the same place as it was in 'End Times', at least from what I saw.
    I re-wound the scene several times. It's not breathing, but it's tires screeching in the parking garage. Which could still be an interesting discussion point, but it is definitely not breathing.

    And what evidence do we have that Gus's car wasn't parked where it was in End Times? I thought it was pretty clear that Walt was inside the garage when he stopped at the car, and it's not clear that he was acknowledging someone in the car. Is it possible? Sure. But I think people are digging a bit too far into subtleties here.

  5. #79
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    885

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I re-wound the scene several times. It's not breathing, but it's tires screeching in the parking garage. Which could still be an interesting discussion point, but it is definitely not breathing.

    And what evidence do we have that Gus's car wasn't parked where it was in End Times? I thought it was pretty clear that Walt was inside the garage when he stopped at the car, and it's not clear that he was acknowledging someone in the car. Is it possible? Sure. But I think people are digging a bit too far into subtleties here.
    Yeah, I just did too. You're right.

    It probably was Gus' car. It did have the same air freshener, but from where Walt was coming from, it didn't look like it was where it should be. The buildings looked different, too. Whatever... I'll just assume the obvious happened.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 10-11-2011 at 11:53 AM.

  6. #80
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Yeah, I just did too. You're right.

    It probably was Gus' car. It did have the same air freshener, but from where Walt was coming from, it didn't look like it was where it should be. The buildings looked different, too. Whatever... I'll just assume the obvious happened.
    I've read a lot of other people's opinions that were similar to your original one, but by my memory, Gilligan has never given an incredibly subtle hint to try and keep us guessing, and had it actually come through, has he?

    I've worded that pretty poorly, but it's hard to put into words what I'm trying to say. Basically, I don't think we're supposed to have to rewind several times to try to pick up on clues.

  7. #81
    Member medford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,080

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    I loved the ending, a big part of me wished the show would have ended right there. Much of the story wrapped up, a few loose ends to leave you wondering where the future laid.

    I'm not sure what season 5 will bring. It appears that Hank will have to eventually learn of Walt's doings, at least to some degree. I think the Cartel angle is done, Gus mentioned how everyone eas dead, so I don't think Walt gets anything from that side. The DEA, thru Hank appears to be the only angle left for Walt to deal with.

    Bold (and not so bold) predictions:

    Jessie & Walt will have a fall out, something will have to drive them apart. The poisoning of Brock seems obvious, but it could be another angle.

    Hank catches wind of Jessie's involvement, and thru Jessie learns of Walt's involvement. while the DEA is coming down on Jessie, Hank keeps the Walt angle to himself, hoping to be 100% sure before bringing the heat.

    Mike returns from Mexico, recovering from his gun shot wounds to help Walt keep Jessie out of trouble. Walt doesn't know that Jessie has clued Hank in that walt is involved, but discovers that towards the end of the series.

    Walt devises a plan to both throw Hank off his trail and to put an end to Jessie. Walt thinks that he's killed Jessie, but there are questions remaining despite the complete dissapearance of Jessie. Walt either convinces hank he's clean, or Hank lets it slide as Walt convinces him he's out of the game and owes him one for taking care of his medical bills.

    Flash forward either 5 or 18 years later, walt is working in the car wash, working in the office, presumably moved on with his life and doing well. A worker comes in after working on either his daughter or Walt, Jr's car and informs Walt that he's found a big back of "blue" in the trunk it appears that Jessie is back cooking, and like the air controller's situation with his daugher, Walt's life has now come full circle. Cut to credits.

  8. #82
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    Just finished watching the first 4 seasons. Fantastic show and am completely clueless as to what could come next.

    As much as Cranston gets much of the fanfare for this show, the kid playing Jesse is the best actor on the show. Unreal performance week in and week out by him.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  9. #83
    Member ervinsm84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    448

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    Last edited by ervinsm84; 06-12-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    Newsflash!

    Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

    NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

  10. #84
    Member ervinsm84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    448

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    Less than 1 month to go for S5

    Newsflash!

    Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

    NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

  11. #85
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    Love your passion for this show ervin. Can't wait.

  12. #86
    Member 5TimeWSChamps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    11 days...

  13. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,508

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    1 of the best shows out there and i watch a lot of tv

  14. #88
    Member ervinsm84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    448

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    Really close to the beginning of S5. New interview with Bryan Cranston and the AV club.

    http://www.avclub.com/articles/bryan...-carter,82309/
    Newsflash!

    Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

    NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

  15. #89
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    I was watching an Seinfeld episode lately that had Tim Whatley (the one where he hosted the party Jerry wasn't invited to) and I watched it for a bit before I even realized that was the same Bryan Cranston. Hard to believe it's the same person.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  16. #90
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,517

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

    I can't wait. By far the best show on television now.

    Good article today on 10 major moments in Walter White's transformation from Mr. Chips to Scarface:

    http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/showbi...ace/index.html


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25