Turn Off Ads?
Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1082

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

  1. #1036
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    899

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Let's assume he did it in one of the many realistic ways possible.
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

    Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

    *UPDATED: 2/11/2014

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #1037
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,091

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    I can finally read this thread after finishing the series.

    It was a fun 2-3 week ride from start to finish.

    I have decided that I have a better ending and am just going to pretend that is how the series ended in my head. Jesse gets the crazy white peoples money and drives off into the sunset after shooting Walt in the face. He also brings Skinny Pete and Badger along for the ride. Roll credits.

  4. #1038
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,347

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I have decided that I have a better ending and am just going to pretend that is how the series ended in my head. Jesse gets the crazy white peoples money and drives off into the sunset after shooting Walt in the face. He also brings Skinny Pete and Badger along for the ride. Roll credits.
    You mean all that blood money he was so bummed out over that he was throwing it out of his car at the beginning of the season? Jesse ceased being all about the money when Todd killed Drew Sharp and Walt didn't care.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  5. #1039
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,091

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You mean all that blood money he was so bummed out over that he was throwing it out of his car at the beginning of the season? Jesse ceased being all about the money when Todd killed Drew Sharp and Walt didn't care.
    Yes, all of that blood money. I get that he just didn't want it before, but after having it all come full circle with him being a slave, having them kill Andrea, I just wanted to see him get something out of it besides some dead neo-nazis and freedom. Get the money, get your boys and get out of Dodge and start over somewhere.

  6. #1040
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,955

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    No matter how many times you say this, it doesn't really make it true.
    Just the stevia discussion in this thread on this page points to one big stretch. Sure it possibly can be explained, but it takes a lot of twisted thinking to get there. The show is full of such stretches, full of things that make you wonder and question how did that happen? They aren't fatal, but they are there, no matter how badly a viewer wants to ignore them. And I don't blame anyone who wants to ignore them, that's the sign of a good show.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  7. #1041
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,347

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yes, all of that blood money. I get that he just didn't want it before, but after having it all come full circle with him being a slave, having them kill Andrea, I just wanted to see him get something out of it besides some dead neo-nazis and freedom. Get the money, get your boys and get out of Dodge and start over somewhere.
    But that would just bring him back to that hell he was in earlier. He wasn't having any fun hanging with Badger and Skinny Pete. He didn't have any fun before with all that money when he wanted to ride go-carts or go out for beers with Walt. The meth business and the money he made from it was not fun for him and it later became a hell for him. Everyone he was close to - even Walt - wound up either dead or estranged from him. If that money came falling out of the sky from another source than the meth trade, that would be something he could accept. But it would be totally inconsistent with his character that he wanted nothing to do with the meth money one day and a few months later he would embrace it. It was a toxin to him. He would have been better off - and had a nicer ending but less drama - if he had just gone to Alaska and forgot about Huell stealing the ricin cigarette off him.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  8. #1042
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,497

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Just the stevia discussion in this thread on this page points to one big stretch. Sure it possibly can be explained, but it takes a lot of twisted thinking to get there. The show is full of such stretches, full of things that make you wonder and question how did that happen? They aren't fatal, but they are there, no matter how badly a viewer wants to ignore them. And I don't blame anyone who wants to ignore them, that's the sign of a good show.
    A big stretch to take a small packet and replace its contents?

    Uh, no. That's not a stretch at all. It would be easy to do... puncture a small incision in a packet, empty the contents, replace the contents with a small syringe and seal the incision up with glue or one of another many substances. Unless someone were actually inspecting the package ahead of time, there'd be no way they'd notice.

    In fact, see for yourself... someone actually made a video showing how easily it could be done:

    http://vimeo.com/76296219

    The insinuation that it's a stretch is actually far more of a stretch than the act itself.
    Last edited by Brutus; 10-07-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  9. Likes:

    CoachBombay (10-07-2013)

  10. #1043
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,091

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    But that would just bring him back to that hell he was in earlier. He wasn't having any fun hanging with Badger and Skinny Pete. He didn't have any fun before with all that money when he wanted to ride go-carts or go out for beers with Walt. The meth business and the money he made from it was not fun for him and it later became a hell for him. Everyone he was close to - even Walt - wound up either dead or estranged from him. If that money came falling out of the sky from another source than the meth trade, that would be something he could accept. But it would be totally inconsistent with his character that he wanted nothing to do with the meth money one day and a few months later he would embrace it. It was a toxin to him. He would have been better off - and had a nicer ending but less drama - if he had just gone to Alaska and forgot about Huell stealing the ricin cigarette off him.
    You let me have my story!

  11. Likes:

    Chip R (10-07-2013)

  12. #1044
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,955

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    A big stretch to take a small packet and replace its contents?

    Uh, no. That's not a stretch at all. It would be easy to do... puncture a small incision in a packet, empty the contents, replace the contents with a small syringe and seal the incision up with glue or one of another many substances. Unless someone were actually inspecting the package ahead of time, there'd be no way they'd notice.

    In fact, see for yourself... someone actually made a video showing how easily it could be done:

    http://vimeo.com/76296219

    The insinuation that it's a stretch is actually far more of a stretch than the act itself.
    Lydia was the most paranoid person on the show. The glue would make the packet heavier, and there's a good chance she would notice that.

    However, even if she didn't notice, the much, much bigger problem is making sure she used the right packet. That requires knowing where she was going to sit, and which packet she was going to use. He couldn't put the ricin in a bunch of packets, or else risk poisoning innocent diners.

    Not only was it a huge stretch, I doubt it's even possible to do.

    And this is just one of dozens of other similar stretches. But like I said, no one cares, if the story is strong enough, which it is.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  13. #1045
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,182

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Lydia was the most paranoid person on the show. The glue would make the packet heavier, and there's a good chance she would notice that.

    However, even if she didn't notice, the much, much bigger problem is making sure she used the right packet. That requires knowing where she was going to sit, and which packet she was going to use. He couldn't put the ricin in a bunch of packets, or else risk poisoning innocent diners.

    Not only was it a huge stretch, I doubt it's even possible to do.
    There was just one Stevia packet in the dish. that was very pointed; it was shown on screen and she even asked the waiter for more, but in the meantime, of course she was going to use the one that was there. It's been made clear at like six different points that she will only put that particular brand of sweetener in her tea.

    I think the show has its own brand of style and creates its own realism within that, but never was this particular thing a sticking point for me. A chemist would know ten different ways to seal a packet shut without using kindergarten paste. If anything I felt like the knots surrounding this storyline were *too* foreshadowed and neatly done.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  14. #1046
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,497

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Lydia was the most paranoid person on the show. The glue would make the packet heavier, and there's a good chance she would notice that.

    However, even if she didn't notice, the much, much bigger problem is making sure she used the right packet. That requires knowing where she was going to sit, and which packet she was going to use. He couldn't put the ricin in a bunch of packets, or else risk poisoning innocent diners.

    Not only was it a huge stretch, I doubt it's even possible to do.

    And this is just one of dozens of other similar stretches. But like I said, no one cares, if the story is strong enough, which it is.
    Good grief, man, you are grasping at straws. These are absolutely ridiculous objections.

    1. For starters, did you watch the video? The amount of glue required patch up that small an incision is absolutely negligible. There is no way on earth any person would notice a difference in weight. You're talking fractions of an ounce.

    2. The show already established Walt knew where she sits. They covered that when Walt reminded Lydia that they met every Tuesday morning at 10 AM. He even pointed out she'd sit at the same table. Which brings us to...

    3. Knowing when and where she would be, and at what table, all he would have to do is take all the existing Stevia packets and leave only one at that table (the packet containing the ricin) right before she got there.

    I want you to take a look at the following picture, you notice there is only one Stevia packet?



    Walt didn't have to guess which one she would take. He only needed to leave one packet at the table -- the same table he knew she would sit because she is a "creature of habit" -- so that she would wind up taking the ricin.
    Last edited by Brutus; 10-07-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  15. #1047
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,182

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    I actually just looked up Stevia to see if it's a real thing. It is. Wonder if this was the kind of product placement they bargained for...
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  16. #1048
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    9,955

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Good grief, man, you are grasping at straws. These are absolutely ridiculous objections.

    1. For starters, did you watch the video? The amount of glue required patch up that small an incision is absolutely negligible. There is no way on earth any person would notice a difference in weight. You're talking fractions of an ounce.

    2. The show already established Walt knew where she sits. They covered that when Walt reminded Lydia that they met every Tuesday morning at 10 AM. He even pointed out she'd sit at the same table. Which brings us to...

    3. Knowing when and where she would be, and at what table, all he would have to do is take all the existing Stevia packets and leave only one at that table (the packet containing the ricin) right before she got there.

    I want you to take a look at the following picture, you notice there is only one Stevia packet?



    Walt didn't have to guess which one she would take. He only needed to leave one packet at the table -- the same table he knew she would sit because she is a "creature of habit" -- so that she would wind up taking the ricin.
    How convenient.

    Like I keep saying, it's not a big deal, but that ain't exactly tight writing. That's the writers creating a perfect and extremely rare situation in order to advance an important plot point. But again, the show is not based on its realism, but on its creative story telling.

    It's an epic, mythical tale that's full of rich, wonderfully complex characters. There's no way it can contain all the great foreshadowing, symbolism, and poetry, and be realistic and believable at the same time.

    I think you're assuming that I think these stretches are a bad thing, or need to be corrected, or hurt the show. I'm just pointing then out because I'm annoying that way
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  17. #1049
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    899

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Lydia would have sensed Walt was there by feeling the displaced oxygen from his being in the room.
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

    Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

    *UPDATED: 2/11/2014

  18. #1050
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,182

    Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    How convenient.
    It's not convenient, it's intentional. He would have left one packet on purpose to make sure that she used that packet.

    I guess I'm just not following what you're saying. It's not out of line for Walt to create his own circumstances based around a set of meticulous maneuvers that would be difficult for most people, but that he can control due to his knowledge of science. That is, in fact, the premise of the entire show.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25