Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

So now that Walt is nationally infamous, is his gun guy crazy to be willing to be associated with him and give him a huge machine gun?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm still pretty torn up over Andrea getting killed in front of Jesse. Between that and Hank and Gomie last week, it seems nobody who is a genuinely decent person gets out alive.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-23-2013)

no one is having a happy ending

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    no one is having a happy ending
    What you mean is no one is going to have an A1 day!

To be honest, I think Walt takes the ricin, but let it be known that's not how I think he winds up dying.

I think that honor will wind up being junior's stunning scene.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm still pretty torn up over Andrea getting killed in front of Jesse. Between that and Hank and Gomie last week, it seems nobody who is a genuinely decent person gets out alive.
    Only disagreement I have is that I don't think Hank was all that decent anymore at that point.

But Jesus, has there ever been a more tortured character in TV than Jesse Pinkman?

I little hint how this ends with the two copies of. Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium in Walter’s cabin. In the movie, Mr. Magorium who is dying mentions King Lear, a story about the importance of living a full life – ends with the simple line “He dies.” Two copies for Jessie and Walt.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

I think it was just a joke.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

10. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Unless something else happens that we haven't seen, why would he kill Lydia? At this point, he has no animosity for her and would have really no reason to kill her. His animosity would be directed toward Jack's crew specifically for stealing his money and killing Hank. Moreover, if he's going to kill people with an M60, why would he go to the trouble of trying to poison her? He's not worried about consequences now, just vengeance.
    Lydia wants Skylar dead. She knows Skylar was involved. Lydia us One of the few who could testify against Sklar.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

12. Likes:

RiverRat13 (09-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Lydia wants Skylar dead. She knows Skylar was involved. Lydia us One of the few who could testify against Sklar.
    No disagreements she wants Skyler dead, but as of now, there's nothing she could say in court about Skyler that implicates her. What does Lydia know about her? That she runs a car wash? Presumably Walt sure never told Lydia anything about Skyler's participation.

Now, if Lydia decides to kill Skyler out of fear for her own freedom, that would certainly give Walt a reason to kill her. But like I said, if Walt wants to kill Lydia, he won't waste his time trying to pull off poisoning her.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Lot of parrells with the characters in this episode:

Jessie one time asked Walt if he just wanted to hang out and ride go carts. Walt asked the vacuum man to stay. it's the first time Walt has no one to talk too.

When Skylar is asked is she is even listening, she responds the same way Walt did when the doctor is informing him he has cancer.

When skyler was talking to Todd in Holly's room she said the same thing that Ted said to her when she visited him in the hospital. "I promise I will never breathe a word about this....

When Crazy 8 was held captive by Walt! he was offered a sand which. Tonight Todd offers Jesse ice cream.

When Walt is telling Walt Jr that he has cancer, Walt jr. Gets upset because Walt isn't willing to fight because of the potential money strain treatment will put on the family. he says in season 1: "Then why don't you just die already? Just give up and die. Tonight he says, " Why don't you just die already? Just die."

Did Gray Matter cause Walt to leave the bar or hearing that Blue Magic is still on the streets ?

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Lot of parrells with the characters in this episode:

Jessie one time asked Walt if he just wanted to hang out and ride go carts. Walt asked the vacuum man to stay. it's the first time Walt has no one to talk too.

When Skylar is asked is she is even listening, she responds the same way Walt did when the doctor is informing him he has cancer.

When skyler was talking to Todd in Holly's room she said the same thing that Ted said to her when she visited him in the hospital. "I promise I will never breathe a word about this....

When Crazy 8 was held captive by Walt! he was offered a sand which. Tonight Todd offers Jesse ice cream.

When Walt is telling Walt Jr that he has cancer, Walt jr. Gets upset because Walt isn't willing to fight because of the potential money strain treatment will put on the family. he says in season 1: "Then why don't you just die already? Just give up and die. Tonight he says, " Why don't you just die already? Just die."

Did Gray Matter cause Walt to leave the bar or hearing that Blue Magic is still on the streets ?
    I noticed all of these except the last one. I didn't pick up on the Walt, Jr. callback.

As far as your question, in my opinion, it was both. It was sort of piggybacking on Walt's biggest fear as recalled to Jesse in the first half of season one that he once missed out on one empire, and he didn't want to miss on a second. Hearing Gretchen and Elliot outright dismiss his contributions to the company basically went hand in hand with hearing the blue meth was back on the streets. For one, he knew that Jack never killed Jesse because both Lydia and Jack kept telling Walt that Todd couldn't get the recipe right, but for two, it meant that Jack was stealing Walt's money as well as his work. Given he already wanted to kill Jack's crew for murdering Hank and, in his mind, ruining his family, I think they both kind of led to him deciding to fight back rather than surrender to the DEA.

I still maintain I don't see why Walt, as of this moment, would have a reason to kill Lydia. However, I saw a great point that is worth noting: it has been established she likes Stevia with her coffee... should she be the one the ricin is meant.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Aaron Paul robbed. And who the heck is Bobby Carnivale or whoever beat him?
    Bobby Cannavale was on Boardwalk Empire. Mainly a Broadway actor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

18. Likes:

757690 (09-23-2013)

What am going to take away from this show and what they were trying to tell us thru Walt was the ends and the means are in fact the same thing.

I am not one of those TV nuts who likes all the subtle references or parallels.

What I did find ironic was Walt was "caught" when Jessie said the way to get to him was his money. Now he has a drum with ~ $11M and he can't do anything with it. He can't give it to his family, he can't go outside of his cabin, he is pretty much on his death bed without anything but his drum full of cash.

I have to think something positive finally happens with Jessie. I don't see the need to keep him alive in the show if he finally doesn't get a break. Anymore that happens to Jessie is just sadistic writing.

I have a feeling that Uncle Jack's downfall will be Todd. He is attracted to Lydia and respects Walt. Respects Walt so much that he lets his wife live. He is keeping loose ends around which I think will backfire.

Turn Off Ads?