Turn Off Ads?
Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1082

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

How did Walt get the ricin (in the Stevia) to Lydia? Simply sleight of hand at the table?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    How did Walt get the ricin (in the Stevia) to Lydia? Simply sleight of hand at the table?
    He put the ricin in a stevia packet and replaced all the existing packets at the table he knew Lydia always sits. So when she grabbed the packet of stevia, she was actually grabbing the ricin.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

While I think the theory is reasonable, Vince has been pretty open and analytical about what happened in the finale. Clearly they meant for the things happening to be in literal terms. Walt did die, but he died as we saw on screen. Vince said that he does believe Walt had a victory because he believes Gretchen & Elliot do indeed get the money to junior on his 18th birthday.

It's an interesting theory that could probably have worked as an alternative ending, but Vince wanted closure and a literal ending. I think that theory is reading far too much into something that isn't there.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Only he doesn't know Jesse's cooking for the nazis so imagining it and then saving him would be a stretch that a college film wouldn't make
    I'm not sure of the alternative theory, but the show has already made bigger stretches in the plot. The show's so fun to watch, no one really cares.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I'm not sure of the alternative theory, but the show has already made bigger stretches in the plot. The show's so fun to watch, no one really cares.
    No matter how many times you say this, it doesn't really make it true.

7. Likes:

Homer Bailey (10-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    He put the ricin in a stevia packet and replaced all the existing packets at the table he knew Lydia always sits. So when she grabbed the packet of stevia, she was actually grabbing the ricin.
    I assumed so. I guess he would have had to spring into action if Average Joe sat at the table, for no other reason but to save the ricin.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I assumed so. I guess he would have had to spring into action if Average Joe sat at the table, for no other reason but to save the ricin.
    He probably figured that they sat at the same table all the time. Although in the previous episode they sat at separate tables with their backs to each other. I'd kinda like to know how he got it in the packet(s) on short notice. Did he just tear the bottom of the packet(s) and tape it/them up there since the top of Lydia's packet looks pretty much intact?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

NM

They call me "chef"

It's not too hard to make a small tear in the middle/side of a packet. I never check my sugar packets up and down for ricin related tampering.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    It's not too hard to make a small tear in the middle/side of a packet. I never check my sugar packets up and down for ricin related tampering.
    Sure but it's not like he injected the ricin in there with a needle. You have to make the tear big enough to pour the ricin in there. Plus the stevia and ricin could come out of there when she picks it up.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Sure but it's not like he injected the ricin in there with a needle. You have to make the tear big enough to pour the ricin in there. Plus the stevia and ricin could come out of there when she picks it up.
    He's a chemist. I'm sure he knows of some way to wizard the package back shut.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

15. Likes:

Chip R (10-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    He's a chemist. I'm sure he knows of some way to wizard the package back shut.
    Yeah but it's not like he's got a chemistry set with him. I want to watch the episode again but it seems to me the best way to do it would be to tear the bottom of the stevia packet, put the ricin in, shake it up and tape it back together.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yeah but it's not like he's got a chemistry set with him. I want to watch the episode again but it seems to me the best way to do it would be to tear the bottom of the stevia packet, put the ricin in, shake it up and tape it back together.
    Ok, we are way overthinking this, but my assumption was that he didn't sit there and doctor it at the table. I assumed he bought some stevia packets, fixed it up at home, and then went to the restaurant and did a quick switch.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

18. Likes:

Brutus (10-04-2013),Homer Bailey (10-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Ok, we are way overthinking this, but my assumption was that he didn't sit there and doctor it at the table. I assumed he bought some stevia packets, fixed it up at home, and then went to the restaurant and did a quick switch.
    Home.....would that be the Volvo or the trashed White residence?

Maybe he took a tour of a Stevia packaging facility. And at one point on the tour they let everyone seal their own package of Stevia to take home as a souvenir. ?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?