Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Stat geek...and proud

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Yeah....I don't think Walt goes to jail either. I think the last few posts have it close.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I foresee "an ironic ending" where Walt loses everything but has one saving grace moment where he redeems himself. A real dark sad ending that moralizes the lifestyle and consequences of Walt's choices but gives Walt one last moment to channel his good self.

Also Hank's gotta win. He's been beat up, shot at, and taken for a fool this whole time.
    Ugh. I find Hank a shallow, overbearing bore (and a wonderful caricature of the stereotypical American male, a good foil to Walt, the two of them increasingly similar as time goes on). But I suspect you're right.

I wonder if Walt is going to get to a point where he kills Jesse, or has ("has") to come close to it. To a degree, dramatically, it feels like this is inevitable.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I watched the three reruns last night and they played what I thought was the best episode from Season 2. Forgot how good of a job they did with showing the effects of drug use on a family without being preachy. It was the one were Jessie is trying to get his meth back from the meth users who stole an ATM.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

I think the show foreshadowed how it is going to end. Walt has mentioned a few times how he loves Scarface. And then the first scene of the first episode of this season he is seen buying guns with a different name while hes at Dennys. Hes going out in a blaze of fire

[QUOTE=vaticanplum;2900129]
    Beyond that, this show has never been "realistic". Most television isn't. I think the word people are actually searching for is "believable," and that's a matter of opinion, but I think everything that's happened has been believable within the framework the show has established.

QUOTE]

I've read on different blogs, that the show is actually more "realistic" than you'd think. For instance, the end game with Walt, is not as far out in left field as you'd initially think and similar situations have been documented in "real life". I've also read, that when it comes down to a lot of the details, the writers are pretty accurate with that stuff as well.

[QUOTE=medford;2903597]
    Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Beyond that, this show has never been "realistic". Most television isn't. I think the word people are actually searching for is "believable," and that's a matter of opinion, but I think everything that's happened has been believable within the framework the show has established.

QUOTE]

I've read on different blogs, that the show is actually more "realistic" than you'd think. For instance, the end game with Walt, is not as far out in left field as you'd initially think and similar situations have been documented in "real life". I've also read, that when it comes down to a lot of the details, the writers are pretty accurate with that stuff as well.
    Im a very famous meth cook and dealer. This show is very much real. Last week I had a guy rob me of money so I went to his place with stuff that looked like the meth I had sold him and as soon as i was about to get him to buy it...BOOOM I threw it on the floor and it exploded. He hasnt messed with me since.

As for the ending, I have visions of everything fast forwarding 15 years, Walt has retired from the 'game' by the skin of his teeth, but w/ more money laundered than he could ever hope to spend. He's working in the office at the car wash when one of the employees comes in w/ a bag of his "blue meth creation" found in one of the cars he was cleaning. The same type of Blue Meth which Walt and the DEA had thought completely vanished. The blue meth, Walt's formula is found in the trunk of his daughter's car, and so the empire is reborn......

The scarface scenerio is more likely, and something that Vince Gilligan has mentioned before as an inspiration for Walt's character.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    As for the ending, I have visions of everything fast forwarding 15 years, Walt has retired from the 'game' by the skin of his teeth, but w/ more money laundered than he could ever hope to spend. He's working in the office at the car wash when one of the employees comes in w/ a bag of his "blue meth creation" found in one of the cars he was cleaning. The same type of Blue Meth which Walt and the DEA had thought completely vanished. The blue meth, Walt's formula is found in the trunk of his daughter's car, and so the empire is reborn......

The scarface scenerio is more likely, and something that Vince Gilligan has mentioned before as an inspiration for Walt's character.
    There was an interview that came out a while back with Aaron Paul(jesse) and he said there is a clear ending to the show. You wont watch it and have ANY questions. Like Lost, the shield, sopranos, ect.. He said when he read the script he was in complete shock and said you will probably throw **** across the room when it ends.

Seeing Walt on the run, it's gotta be Hank that busts him right?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I just dont see him being "busted" as much as I see him being killed. I see AMC ending it completely. And I see them killing Walt off more than him going to jail because in a way they have made meth cooking look pretty cool and having the main character die is scarier to the viewers or stupid idiot wanna be meth cookers than going to jail
    Last edited by coachpipe; 07-08-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    I just dont see him being "busted" as much as I see him being killed. I see AMC ending it completely. And I see them killing Walt off more than him going to jail because in a way they have made meth cooking look pretty cool and having the main character die is scarier to the viewers or stupid idiot wanna be meth cookers than going to jail
    I don't know about it being cool. I have a wife and kids and a regular job and I think life can be stressful at times. If I think about Walt's life in real terms I cannot imagine the stress of worrying not just about going to jail or my personal safety but the safety of my family. I don't want to be trite but there's literally not an amount of money that would make me want to experience Walt's stresses in real life.

I actually would go the other way and I think that Gilligan has done an amazing job of showing how utterly terrible that life style would be. I realize different people see it different ways but cool and entertaining to watch? The best. Real life? No thanks.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I don't know about it being cool. I have a wife and kids and a regular job and I think life can be stressful at times. If I think about Walt's life in real terms I cannot imagine the stress of worrying not just about going to jail or my personal safety but the safety of my family. I don't want to be trite but there's literally not an amount of money that would make me want to experience Walt's stresses in real life.

I actually would go the other way and I think that Gilligan has done an amazing job of showing how utterly terrible that life style would be. I realize different people see it different ways but cool and entertaining to watch? The best. Real life? No thanks.
    I guess when I said cool what I really meant was the younger generation. 15-25ish might think walt is a bad ass or has turned into one. And with the younger generation they seem to like the whole BA type of person and in a way look up to him.. So I just see killing him off and not having a happy ending as the most likely solution to how this one will end.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I always thought it would look bad on Hank if Walt got busted, since it was right under his nose the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I always thought it would look bad on Hank if Walt got busted, since it was right under his nose the whole time.
    As close as they are, there's no reason for the feds to think Hank doesn't have an idea of what he's going. I mean, this is the case Hank has been on for years now, right? All the close calls and wrong moves Hank has made could definitely look like purposeful misdirection. I think he'll have to weigh whether to turn Walt in because it's the right thing to do, or let him go simply because of what it does to his family and the possible impact it has on his career, the possibility of being accused of being an accomplice, being a former DEA guy in prison with the dealers you've help bust etc. I don't know... Maybe that's too obvious.

I think he gives Walt some kind of ultimatum and tells him to leave town, disappear and never come back. At least that's what I'd do in the same situation. Thus, the diner scene with the fake ID etc. Or maybe Walt pulls off some science and fakes his death.

I haven't watched Breaking Bad in awhile.. the wife and I are currently watching the Sopranos (I've seen in multiple times...she's never watched it). I hope I have enough time to run through the whole series before the finale starts. It's probably the best show I've ever seen. Easily top 3.

16. Likes:

coachpipe (07-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    I watched the three reruns last night and they played what I thought was the best episode from Season 2. Forgot how good of a job they did with showing the effects of drug use on a family without being preachy. It was the one were Jessie is trying to get his meth back from the meth users who stole an ATM.
    That episode was devastating. One thing that both Walt as a character and the show in its entirety have lost is the sense of destruction that hard drugs wreak on users and their loved ones. A lot of that just got lost by default when Jesse got sober, so we lost the connection to an addict who was a major character. Walt is barely concerned with the people he's killing with his own hands; there's no extension of empathy to what he's doing indirectly. The show doesn't have the same sense of a larger picture that, say, the movie Traffic did.

I'm not criticizing this choice and I do think it's a deliberate choice. The show is a character study more than indirect social commentary, and increasingly so as the seasons have gone on. I do wonder if those larger questions will come back though. If Walt is due for any kind of redemption I feel like that has to be part of it...or not that it has to be, but it would be very effective on top of any kind of come-to-jesus moment on a personal level (which absolutely does have to happen). Walt rationalizes everything he's doing on a very inward-looking, oblivious level; he cannot rationalize effectively if he looks outside of himself. A realization of that world, the chain reactions of what his actions set off, would go a long way in closing up the show and re-humanizing him, because the disconnect from his family doesn't seem to be helping him toward those realizations. Of course, as covered, it will probably be too late.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?