Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    Wow. I went from always finding myself rooting for Walt, in a way, to borderline hating him after one episode.
    I did too, but I find this turn of events somewhat encouraging.

The premise of the show, obviously, is that Walt is in a slow decline and his moral compass has been eroding. But Walt's character is obviously the protagonist, and this sudden shift to being the antagonist strikes me as an arc that will conclude with him coming to Jesus, so to speak.

Normally, it's not all that odd that an antagonist becomes a protagonist. But in this case, there aren't any characters that people want to root for against Walt. People like Jesse, but they don't want to see he and Walt butt heads. Same with Mike prior to yesterday. And I don't think anyone is rooting for the D.E.A. to ultimately catch Walt.

So my thinking is that Walt will conclude this first half of the final season as a bad guy, but they'll bring him full circle in the end. Even if they do that, one wonders what the cost will be.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

To be fair, Mike wasn't exactly a saint to Walt the whole time they worked together. When Mike worked for Fring, he would've tried to kill Mike on command (and did) with no questions asked.

Walt will end up dead or in jail. It's a foregone conclusion that's had plenty of foreshadowing (look at this season alone with Scarface and Heat popping up.)

The creator has said the show is about turning Mr. Chips into Scarface. The only question for me is how it will go down.

I stopped rooting for Walt when he poisoned the little kid (why that pushed me over the edge while his other murders and shenanigans didn't, I have no idea, but it's fiction so there you go) but he's turned particularly nasty this season. I don't think he's done yet either, I could easily see Skyler having a similar end to Mike. I'm sure at some point it will cross his mind that it would be an easy coverup to say she just left, what with all her mental issues they are pushing.

The only other end to the show I could plausibly see is him getting his empire, but with his family dead and no friends. He's lost sight of everything, and has even said he has nothing except the business. Just a formality now to make that literal.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Walt will end up dead or in jail. It's a foregone conclusion that's had plenty of foreshadowing (look at this season alone with Scarface and Heat popping up.)

The creator has said the show is about turning Mr. Chips into Scarface. The only question for me is how it will go down.

I stopped rooting for Walt when he poisoned the little kid (why that pushed me over the edge while his other murders and shenanigans didn't, I have no idea, but it's fiction so there you go) but he's turned particularly nasty this season. I don't think he's done yet either, I could easily see Skyler having a similar end to Mike. I'm sure at some point it will cross his mind that it would be an easy coverup to say she just left, what with all her mental issues they are pushing.

The only other end to the show I could plausibly see is him getting his empire, but with his family dead and no friends. He's lost sight of everything, and has even said he has nothing except the business. Just a formality now to make that literal.
    There are such things as swerves. The foreshadowing could be a device to make everyone believe something is heading down one path, and it winds up going down another. Vince Gilligan has been forthcoming about the influences for the show and the character, but it doesn't mean he doesn't have a different vision for the endgame.

Nothing is a foregone conclusion. Vince is a smart man. He's not going to give away the ending of a show that has had people on the edge of their seats for five seasons. If he wants you to be sure something is foregone, there's a decent bet it's not.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

We will see, but I'll be very surprised if Walt ends up a winner and happy out of all this.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I did too, but I find this turn of events somewhat encouraging.

The premise of the show, obviously, is that Walt is in a slow decline and his moral compass has been eroding. But Walt's character is obviously the protagonist, and this sudden shift to being the antagonist strikes me as an arc that will conclude with him coming to Jesus, so to speak.

Normally, it's not all that odd that an antagonist becomes a protagonist. But in this case, there aren't any characters that people want to root for against Walt. People like Jesse, but they don't want to see he and Walt butt heads. Same with Mike prior to yesterday. And I don't think anyone is rooting for the D.E.A. to ultimately catch Walt.

So my thinking is that Walt will conclude this first half of the final season as a bad guy, but they'll bring him full circle in the end. Even if they do that, one wonders what the cost will be.
    Why not? I'd love to see Hank be the one to put him away.....either in jail or the ultimate put away.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I re-watched the eppy and does anybody else think that the plant that they show while they are eating dinner a Lilly of the Valley?

That last quote by Mike before he was shot was great:

"You and Your Pride and Your Ego!
    “It’s all on you,” “We had a good thing going with Fring."
    "It all ran like clockwork!"

We all have met someone like Walt in our life. It could be a friend. a neighbor,or a family member. They never realized how good they have it until its too late.

One thing that I like with Vince is early on he got a lot of criticism for glamorizing meth. I don't know anybody that would want to be involved in the headaches of making meth.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

I've watched all the episodes, but I can't remember this fact.

Why did Fring try to kill Walt? Mike referred to Walt not leaving well enough alone or the like.

And I don't think anyone is rooting for the D.E.A. to ultimately catch Walt.

I want Hank to figure it out and for Jessie to get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I've watched all the episodes, but I can't remember this fact.

Why did Fring try to kill Walt? Mike referred to Walt not leaving well enough alone or the like.
    Walt ran over Fring's drug dealers to save Jesse.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Walt ran over Fring's drug dealers to save Jesse.

Walts loyalty to Jessie. Gus didn't like Jessie from Day 1.

Thanks for the refresher.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Here's how I see the series end. I think the downward spiral continues until Walt has lost everything, including his empire. In his desperation, he makes some mistakes blowing his cover and eventually a shoot out with the DEA. After being shot and laying there dying, we get a quick zoom into Walt's eyes and then we are suddenly transported back to Walt sitting in the doctors office receiving the news that he has cancer. The whole series is a quick thought of Walt in light of his received tragic news.

It's likely not going to happen, but that'd be neat.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Here's how I see the series end. I think the downward spiral continues until Walt has lost everything, including his empire. In his desperation, he makes some mistakes blowing his cover and eventually a shoot out with the DEA. After being shot and laying there dying, we get a quick zoom into Walt's eyes and then we are suddenly transported back to Walt sitting in the doctors office receiving the news that he has cancer. The whole series is a quick thought of Walt in light of his received tragic news.

It's likely not going to happen, but that'd be neat.
    I'd be furious. That would be a terrible, terrible ending.

In the first episode, they showed him eating at a dinner hiding out. I would assume they go back to that at some point.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Turn Off Ads?