Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Did anyone pick up on the awesomeness of Walt's double entendre when he walked into Hank's garage?

"looks like you've got the work coming in to you. One of the perks of being the boss, huh?"
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm also watching the final season of Dexter and Breaking Bad delivered more with one episode than Dexter has in 7 episodes so far. That was intense.

Great episode last night, that final scene in the garage was amazing. If there's something to the theory that Walt takes on certain traits from people he kills (driving a Volvo like Gus, his drinks like Mike, and his sandwiches like Crazy 8), the flash forward shows him doing little things that a couple of big characters also do.

This is gonna be a fun couple of months watching this thing end.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Scotty beamed his guts into space!
    I was at least 50% certain that Jesse was going off screen to kill himself during that conversation.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

Razor Shines (08-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I was at least 50% certain that Jesse was going off screen to kill himself during that conversation.
    Sadly I was enraptured by Skinny Pete's narrative.

As far as the show goes, even though I knew the show's going to move fast this season with only 8 episodes left, I figured we'd have a couple episodes with Hank waffling on whether or not to confront Walt followed by a (Hank saying) "Walt, I have something to talk to you about" cliffhanger.

So I was pleasantly surprised by the ending of this episode. I mean, when Hank hits the button to put the garage door down...what a moment. And as always, fine acting.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    As far as the show goes, even though I knew the show's going to move fast this season with only 8 episodes left, I figured we'd have a couple episodes with Hank waffling on whether or not to confront Walt followed by a (Hank saying) "Walt, I have something to talk to you about" cliffhanger.
    Ironically, a huge way this show is building suspense is to buck expectations regarding what we think will be suspenseful.

From the first/flashforward scenes of both halves of this season, we know that a) Walt does not die of cancer (at least not before something major happens to his life), b) he ends up living somewhere else under an assumed name, c) in one way or another his secret is revealed (the "Heisenberg" scrawled in the house, Carol the neighbor's reaction to him -- actually wondering if the latter indicates that people *think* he dies). It's certainly hinting that he loses his family as well.

So we know at least a good bit of how it ends, or at least we think we do. The question is how does he get there, who does he lose along the way, how does he lose them, and WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO WITH THE RICIN??

And don't get me wrong, I still expect a ton of surprises. I just love that the show sets you up for certain things long-term and then throws you for loops along the way -- it has done this at least since the plane crash season. Brilliant way of creating suspense.

edit: Come to think of it, it has done this since the very first epsisode.
    Last edited by vaticanplum; 08-12-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

9. Likes:

Razor Shines (08-12-2013),Roy Tucker (08-12-2013)

I imagine its going to get ugly with Czech Mafia getting 68% pure meth.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

“If that’s true and you really don’t know who I am, perhaps your best course of action is to tread lightly.”

I was literally speechless after the final scene last night. Kinda still am! I felt it sets up the showdown that's going to unfold in the final episodes perfectly.

I probably will have to go back and watch the episode again. I was struggling to stay awake for parts of it.

I could have done without the Skinny Pete and Badger garbage.

To me it seemed like a lot of information was released but the episode moved along slowly until the end.

I loved the last scene where Walt confronts Hank. I am surprised that that happened right away.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I'm also watching the final season of Dexter and Breaking Bad delivered more with one episode than Dexter has in 7 episodes so far. That was intense.
    Dexter has been massively disappointing for awhile now.

I still watch it, but mainly out of habit than anything else.

I am so freaking sick of Debra Morgan............

The other new show on Showtime, Ray Donovan, is pretty good so far. Worth watching.

Under the Dome is some of the laughingly worst television I've seen in awhile. Watching it more to laugh at it than anything else.

15. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-12-2013)

Breaking Bad was amazing. Really sad the show is drawing to a close.

Anyone want to guess who's getting the ricin cupcake?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
    “If that’s true and you really don’t know who I am, perhaps your best course of action is to tread lightly.”
    The transformation from Walt to Heisenberg was chilling.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    I imagine its going to get ugly with Czech Mafia getting 68% pure meth.
    Yeah you figure Lydia is going to get desperate and take some sort of action against Walt and/or Jesse.

Will be interesting to see if Hank and Jesse have a discussion or two also.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Great episode last night, that final scene in the garage was amazing. If there's something to the theory that Walt takes on certain traits from people he kills (driving a Volvo like Gus, his drinks like Mike, and his sandwiches like Crazy 8), the flash forward shows him doing little things that a couple of big characters also do.

This is gonna be a fun couple of months watching this thing end.
    The bacon is one thing... what else?

Turn Off Ads?