Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Walt also paid for Hanks medical bills.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Was suprised that Hank and Walt had there 'talk' in the first episode thought it would be in the final or 2nd last one.
    Melbourne to Cincinnati - September 1st - 12th 2013

Also, I forget the wording, but Walt definitely dropped the "remember when I helped you do all that illegal stuff when you were chasing Fring?" bomb in that last scene. It was very pointed.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Rules of evidence would disallow use of the Whitman book for any prosecution or search/arrest warrant.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Rules of evidence would disallow use of the Whitman book for any prosecution or search/arrest warrant.
    How would that work. Walt invited Hank to his home and allowed use of his bathroom and assumedly, reading materials. I'm no attorney so I don't know anything about this.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Also, I forget the wording, but Walt definitely dropped the "remember when I helped you do all that illegal stuff when you were chasing Fring?" bomb in that last scene. It was very pointed.
    He didn't come out and say that directly but was similar
    Melbourne to Cincinnati - September 1st - 12th 2013

-The Insider-

I thought the first episode was great. With everyone else, I thought they were gonna drag out the big moment but I am quite happy they did not. The montage of Hank looking through all the evidence was really cool. I am not trying to find spoilers at all, I'm just excited and anxious to let it all play out one week at a time.

Also, did anyone watch the after show, Talking Bad?. The Walking Dead actress/BB fan was quite annoying to me. Was she to anyone else who watched?

IMHO (warning, theory abound):

Kirk = Jesse (gets up and leaves the room just as Badger says, "Kirk can't take it anymore"; then when Jesse goes to leave, Badger says, "Where are you going? You're going to miss the best part." This implication is that Jesse won't be around in the final scene(s))

Chekov = unknown Czech assailant. Lydia has already warned us that her Czech associates are unhappy and that Walt is putting her "in a box." This perceived threat could literally be Checkov.

Which makes Walt = Spock.

My theory is that Walt "blows away" the Czech assailant before swallowing the Ricin and ending his own life.

I believe Jesse survives but flips on Walt and goes into witness protection, while most of Walt's family is killed by these other outside concerns (the Czechs, possibly Declan, etc.)
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    IMHO (warning, theory abound):

Kirk = Jesse (gets up and leaves the room just as Badger says, "Kirk can't take it anymore"; then when Jesse goes to leave, Badger says, "Where are you going? You're going to miss the best part." This implication is that Jesse won't be around in the final scene(s))

Chekov = unknown Czech assailant. Lydia has already warned us that her Czech associates are unhappy and that Walt is putting her "in a box." This perceived threat could literally be Checkov.

Which makes Walt = Spock.

My theory is that Walt "blows away" the Czech assailant before swallowing the Ricin and ending his own life.

I believe Jesse survives but flips on Walt and goes into witness protection, while most of Walt's family is killed by these other outside concerns (the Czechs, possibly Declan, etc.)
    Does Vince really put this much subtext in everything to hint at what's going to happen? (I have just never looked that deep into it I guess.)

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Does Vince really put this much subtext in everything to hint at what's going to happen? (I have just never looked that deep into it I guess.)
    There's been some definite foreshadowing. They used the age-old "oranges" symbolism with Ted when he had his accident (oranges are a sign of imminent danger or death in movies).

When Walt was watching Scarface with Junior last season, he noted "everyone dies in these movies."

I don't think up until recently, there's been so many literal clues, but I think this episode was full of them, especially given the way the scenes were shot so carefully. Everything seemed coordinated.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

12. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-13-2013)

-The Insider-

There's been some definite foreshadowing. They used the age-old "oranges" symbolism with Ted when he had his accident (oranges are a sign of imminent danger or death in movies).

When Walt was watching Scarface with Junior last season, he noted "everyone dies in these movies."

I don't think up until recently, there's been so many literal clues, but I think this episode was full of them, especially given the way the scenes were shot so carefully. Everything seemed coordinated.
    They did it again Sunday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    They did it again Sunday as well.
    Yes indeed.

I don't think they've meant everything to be literal foreshadowing in the past. However, from what education I've had in film just in studying it as a prospective screenwriter one day, I can see a lot of very carefully-orchestrated literary devices and symbolism used in this particular episode. I think the entire show was full of clues, hints and signs of things to come. Every scene was shot with immense precision. Even the camera angles were much more diverse in this episode than usual. It was something they obviously spent a lot of time in getting right.

I like the theory, I watched it last night, and later read some of the reviews on here. Even if your theory isn't correct, I agree that there is some sort of "hidden" meaning in that. The scene was to show Jesse's demise and fall into self lothing, but the conversation could have been anything. As far as I remember, those characters have never discussed Star Trek prior, so that take wasn't playing on something prior. So far, the show has been so smart and well planned, that I think there was meaning to that scene.

The episode itself was awesome. I loved how Hank & Walt got into it the end, there is giong to be no *****footing around in the last 7 episodes, it also tells me that Hank's investigation isn't going to be the pivot point of Walt's demise or success.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Also note that yellow is Breaking Bad's color of warning. If a character is wearing yellow, something is about to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    How would that work. Walt invited Hank to his home and allowed use of his bathroom and assumedly, reading materials. I'm no attorney so I don't know anything about this.
    Also not a lawyer so I could be way off, but I think the book could be used in court if Hank had left it there in Walt's home, then returned with a search warrant. Hank sneaking the book out and taking it home would make it ineligible as evidence since hypothetically Hank could have taken the book home and written in those words.

Turn Off Ads?