Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

For a second I thought it was a set-up job on Jesse to take him out, but no, it really was just his "fresh start" option.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

I actually thought it was a hit on Jesse.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

4. Likes:

Chip R (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    It has to do with Brock being poisoned.

If you'll remember, when Brock was sick and before Jesse found out it was due to the Lily of the Valley, he thought he was poisoned by ricin, and accuses Walt of doing it. When he goes to Walt and has the gun to his head, he accuses him of having Saul lift the cigarette from him so he could poison Brock. Walt convinces him that Gus did it to turn Jesse against him. As we know, Walt's lying and Saul really did take it.

So that scene where he's going through his pockets, first he realizes that his weed is gone, and he knows that Saul took it because he tried to get him to ditch it right before he left. Then he realizes that Saul really did have the ricin pick pocketed from him, and that Walt really did set Jesse up and poisoned Brock.
    Ok so let me get this straight. The ricin cigarette that is gone has to deal with the time Brock was poisoned. I can't remember if that was the first half of season 5 or season 4. Then when Jessie realizes that his weed is gone, stares at the cigarette pack he puts everything together?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Ok so let me get this straight. The ricin cigarette that is gone has to deal with the time Brock was poisoned. I can't remember if that was the first half of season 5 or season 4. Then when Jessie realizes that his weed is gone, stares at the cigarette pack he puts everything together?
    this helped me accept it and the actor that played Saul said on Talking Bad its something that as been eating at Jessie since it happened...... Not my original thoughts but it does a great job.

1)In "End Times," to get Jesse back on his side in the war against Gus, Walt arranges for Huell to steal the cigarette pack with the ricin cigarette out of Jesse's pocket and replace it with a different pack. Saul calls Jesse to his office on shaky reasons, and Huell pats him down in a way that gets Jesse's attention. Walt doesn't use the ricin to poison Brock, but rather a lily of the valley plant that will have a similar but less dangerous effect on the boy.

2)When Jesse hears that Brock has been poisoned, he realizes that the ricin cigarette is missing, then (correctly) puts two and two together that Huell stole it, on Walt's orders. He storms into Walt's house and threatens to kill him for poisoning Brock; Walt convinces Jesse that it was Gus, not him, who wanted to hurt the boy — specifically so Jesse would come to this conclusion and murder Walt for him — and that Tyrus must have lifted the cigarettes from Jesse's locker at the Super Lab. Jesse accepts that Mr. White would never hurt a child, whereas Gus has a history of hurting children, and lets go of the theory about Huell.

3)Doctors later figure out that Brock was poisoned by a lily of the valley, not ricin, making Jesse doubt Walt's theory about Gus manipulating Jesse into shooting Walt, and leaving him to wonder what really happened to the ricin cigarette. Walt stages a phony search of Jesse's house and plants a fake cigarette (containing salt, not ricin) inside Jesse's Roomba. None of this sits well with Jesse, but he once again believes Mr. White.

4)Over the course of season 5, starting around the murder of Drew Sharp, Jesse has begun to realize that he shouldn't believe anything Walt says. Walt claims to be broken up over Drew's death, then whistles while he works. Walt claims that Mike left town alive, when Jesse knows that Walt would've never taken out Mike's guys unless Mike was dead. Walt gives Jesse a whole song and dance about how leaving town will be good for Jesse, when Jesse knows that it will be even better for Walt.

5)Having been primed to disbelieve any word out of Walt's mouth, Jesse goes to Saul's office, lights up a joint and gets scolded by Saul, who knows his relocation expert won't pick up anyone who's high. Saul orders Huell to again pick Jesse's pocket to get rid of the marijuana.

6)At the pick-up spot, a nervous Jesse reaches for his pot, and can't find it. He frantically checks all his pockets, but all he finds is a cigarette pack. Staring at the cigarette pack, and realizing Huell dipped into his pocket without him noticing, Jesse realizes that his first suspicions about the ricin cigarette were correct, and that Mr. White was manipulating him into turning against Gus, endangering Brock's life in the process.

That the ricin wasn't actually used on Brock is beside the point. Jesse knew from the beginning that Huell had picked his pocket, and that he must have done it on Mr. White's orders. He has been thinking about this often in the months since it happened — far more often and more intensely than those of us watching the show have, and in a more compressed time period. When he realizes Huell picked his pocket, and stares at another crumpled cigarette pack, everything clicks into place about the events of "End Times" — including how convenient it was that this terrible thing happened to Brock, which turned Jesse back into Walt's ally, at the exact moment Walt needed an ally against Gus — and he goes on the warpath against Saul, Huell and that ******* Mr. White.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

7. Likes:

Chip R (08-27-2013),CoachBombay (08-27-2013),Homer Bailey (08-28-2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqGAUvWKkU

Honest Trailers presents...Breaking Bad

All the most important things in the world this week, apparently.

There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (08-30-2013),CoachBombay (08-27-2013),Razor Shines (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqGAUvWKkU

Honest Trailers presents...Breaking Bad
    Fantastic!

I'd like to show this to one of my friends. He's watched only the first five episodes of the show and wants to like it since he hears so many people raving about it (most especially me), but can't get into it. I keep telling him it gets better at the end of the first season, but the first five are kind of slow. Unfortunately though, this would spoil some things even though it's blunt enough to get the point across.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

12. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-29-2013)

Had the amount of the pile of money been nailed down previously and I missed it? I know there were estimates but I listened to part of the last podcast and Gilligan said it was $80M. It doesn't really matter but I thought it was less than that, more like $30-40M.

Again, not anything too important I just found it interesting.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

-The Insider-

"Another job for your uncle..."

So that means Walt put the hit on the crew in the desert, right?

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    "Another job for your uncle..."

So that means Walt put the hit on the crew in the desert, right?
    I didn't think that. I thought he was referring to the prison hits, but maybe you're right.

16. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-01-2013)

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I didn't think that. I thought he was referring to the prison hits, but maybe you're right.
    Was his uncle involved in the prison hits? (I can't remember.)

Was his uncle involved in the prison hits? (I can't remember.)
    Yes, he was.

I thought Jesse would get it for sure there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

-The Insider-

Nevermind, Lydia did the hit.

Nevermind, Lydia did the hit.
    We are led to believe.

Turn Off Ads?