Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Time for the episode "Ozymandias" this upcoming Sunday. Given where we just left off tonight's show, the Ozymandias sonet that previewed the season back in the summer sure does take on a potentially double meaning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Vince said that in the next episode we'll get to see "Walt's works." The cast list for next week's episode is quite interesting and goes along with that.
    Last edited by cinreds21; 09-09-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Junior learning the ropes at the car wash and recognizing Saul only gives credence to my theory that at some point something is going to come down to Walt v. Walt. I mean, Junior has to find out, right? After everything Walt has done to "protect" his family, I feel like he still hasn't considered what the knowledge of his own activities would do to his son. He hoardes money for his children, he protects them from being killed, but he's oblivious to the fact that knowledge would devastate them and ruin their lives more than anything else, more than poverty or death.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Junior learning the ropes at the car wash and recognizing Saul only gives credence to my theory that at some point something is going to come down to Walt v. Walt. I mean, Junior has to find out, right? After everything Walt has done to "protect" his family, I feel like he still hasn't considered what the knowledge of his own activities would do to his son. He hoardes money for his children, he protects them from being killed, but he's oblivious to the fact that knowledge would devastate them and ruin their lives more than anything else, more than poverty or death.
    I suppose Junior will find out eventually. But I think that was the last time Walt sees his family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I suppose Junior will find out eventually. But I think that was the last time Walt sees his family.
    SPOILERS BELOW
    Nope, this behind the scenes video from CBS shows a clip that you can tell happens right after the shoot out. Walt is dressed as he is in the back of the car, and you can see he took the Nazis' pick up truck that was at the scene. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl5WKjjgCVw
    Highlight the space in between for an explanation. Do not click that link for (minor) spoilers for the next episode.

STAY SAFE GOMIE!

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

Brutus (09-09-2013)

It's absurd that a small group of writers for a TV how can do drama and action better then any writer with a big Hollywood Summer blockbuster budget. Even with the limits of TV. The girl who did this episode should be directing and writing the new Star Wars trilogy.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

10. Likes:

757690 (09-09-2013),Chip R (09-09-2013)

I recall jesse had a hard time with cell reception in that area in season 1. More amazing that all those bullets missing the mark is how good the cell service is now.

12. Likes:

Chip R (09-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I recall jesse had a hard time with cell reception in that area in season 1. More amazing that all those bullets missing the mark is how good the cell service is now.
    Was it a reception problem or a battery problem? I seem to remember the big thing being his phone dying, but I could be conflating it with something else.

Was it a reception problem or a battery problem? I seem to remember the big thing being his phone dying, but I could be conflating it with something else.
    Jesse's phone didn't have a signal but Walt's did. Jesse had to use Walt's phone to call Skinny Pete. Then yes, Walt's phone battery did die.

Maybe they're saying cell towers have been improved since that season.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Jesse's phone didn't have a signal but Walt's did. Jesse had to use Walt's phone to call Skinny Pete. Then yes, Walt's phone battery did die.

Maybe they're saying that Hello Kitty technology is superior.

16. Likes:

Razor Shines (09-09-2013),RichRed (09-10-2013),Tom Servo (09-09-2013)

Maybe they're saying that Hello Kitty technology is superior.
    Well that's a given

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    It's absurd that a small group of writers for a TV how can do drama and action better then any writer with a big Hollywood Summer blockbuster budget. Even with the limits of TV. The girl who did this episode should be directing and writing the new Star Wars trilogy.
    Honestly I think some of it has to do with the format.

Television is a much more interesting medium than cinema because it affords good writers and show runners the opportunity to fully develop characters and plots in ways that simply aren't possible with a full length feature film. Movies are more of a vignette, which sort of limits what you can do as a writer. For example part of the genius of Breaking Bad is that we've gotten to witness Walt evolve over the years from a desperate man doing whatever he could to take care of his family into a sociopath and I don't think that metamorphosis would have been nearly as profound over the course of couple hours.

I really thought that Walt was finally going to be ok with taking out Hank. I thought he was going to subscribe to Skyler's logic of "We've come this far, what's one more...." I am surprised Walt didn't realize they would come either way. He knows how much money Walt means to them, surprised Walt didn't warn Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post

Walt lost his connection with Jesse when he was in the car. So they're still being pretty consistent with the cell phone reception being spotty. But like you said, Walt's phone worked back in the first two seasons anyhow, so it's not like he was never able to complete a call. His phone only lost a call the last time because his battery died. It's also worth noting that cell phone reception depends on a number of factors, the most important of which depends on what cell phone provider you use and the location of the nearest tower(s). Some carriers have a licensing agreement to use other carriers' towers, and the bigger companies have their own towers.
    Last edited by Brutus; 09-09-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?