Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Gotta be Jesse. It's just gotta be.
    Not necessarily. It could represent the figurative death of Heisenberg rather than the physical death of Walt. That said, with the dog crossing the street off his leash, it may well symbolize a Jesse and Walt showdown.
    Last edited by Brutus; 09-16-2013 at 01:09 AM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Not necessarily. It could represent the figurative death of Heisenberg rather than the physical death of Walt.
    Or just the opposite...

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Ahhhh I'm slow. Explain it for me, Homer. Please. (Checkmate?)
    I'm not positive. I see Walt as the white king. Only two pawns protecting him. Not sure who they are. (Saul and sauls guy? ). I see six black enemies. The 6 nazis? And the white horse (I don't know chess, don't know what it's officially called) as Jesse? Technically on walts team but trapped in by the nazis?

Also, I think this is clearly a tribute to the wire.

http://youtu.be/N8lyda_ZkLQ
    Last edited by Homer Bailey; 09-16-2013 at 01:12 AM.

5. Likes:

cinreds21 (09-16-2013)

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I'm not positive. I see Walt as the white king. Only two pawns protecting him. Not sure who they are. (Saul and sauls guy? ). I see six black enemies. The 6 nazis? And the white horse (I don't know chess, don't know what it's officially called) as Jesse? Technically on walts team but trapped in by the nazis?
    Ok, I was thinking along those lines but couldn't sort it out. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Ok, I was thinking along those lines but couldn't sort it out. Thank you.
    http://nt.reddit.com/r/breakingbad/c...he_white_king/

Smarter people than me.

8. Likes:

cinreds21 (09-16-2013)

I don't know man, everybody is going nuts for it but I just felt let down for the first time ever watching Breaking Bad. I was captivated, of course, but Uncle Jack and the Neo-Nazi gang as the endgame to Breaking Bad just doesn't really work for me.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't know man, everybody is going nuts for it but I just felt let down for the first time ever watching Breaking Bad. I was captivated, of course, but Uncle Jack and the Neo-Nazi gang as the endgame to Breaking Bad just doesn't really work for me.
    I'm going back and forth between that or whether the endgame is a Walt-Jesse showdown. I'm not ready to assume either one is the correct assumption.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Vince Gilligan said tonight that this is his favorite episode. It was directed by Rian Johnson who did the last non super hero movie I enjoyed Looper.

My question is this how long does another TV show attempt something like BB ? The attention to detail blows my mind. an example of this, we see the same knife that Shylar uses against Walt in the flashback when shevis wrapping the item she sold while on the phone with Walt.
    Last edited by 19braves77; 09-16-2013 at 03:02 AM.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Vince Gilligan said tonight that this is his favorite episode. It was directed by Rian Johnson who did the last non super hero movie I enjoyed Looper.

My question is this how long does another TV show attempt something like BB ? The attention to detail blows my mind. an example of this, we see the same knife that Shylar uses against Walt in the flashback when shevis wrapping the item she sold while on the phone with Walt.
    Brace yourself; there will be many imitations trying to do what Breaking Bad has done in the next couple of years. They will all fall flat on their face because no one will be willing to put in the time, detail and pacing necessary to pull it off.

It probably isn't an exaggeration to say it will be hard for a show to put together the kind of run Breaking Bad has and go out, perfectly on top, perfectly on time, and with the utmost precision. I was more excited for this last season (or technically last half of a season) than I've ever been. Despite that, I was worried that I'd set myself up for a failure as there's no way a show could live up to such high expectations. Not only have they lived up to them, they have gone so far beyond my expectations I am still in shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    That's why he took Holly on the fly. He knew that by taking Holly, the police would be involved and it would draw attention to him. By calling her on the phone, he could then alleviate all blame from Skyler by making it sound like she was a prisoner to his actions the entire time. In one fell swoop, he made sure he gave the police a reason to believe she was a victim.
    I don't think that's why he took Holly. I think he was in disbelief that Skylar and Walt Jr. wanted him gone. In that moment he's Walt, not Heisenberg. In Walt's mind, he's been doing all of this for his family. So when those two turn on him, he just grabs the one person left of his family he thinks he can have. I think it is pretty evident that he planned on keeping Holly until the bathroom scene when she calls for her mama. Walt then realizes that she needs Skylar more than she needs him, so he then devises the plan to return Holly and get Skylar off the hook.

14. Likes:

WMR (09-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Same here. My issue with it is that I just don't care about them. Not sure if you watched the Sopranos, but some people argued that the New York family served a similar purpose in the last season of that show. Difference is, on The Sopranos they had built up the storyline with the New York family as early as season 2 (I think). Here, these guys really did just come out of nowhere, with no buildup or character development, with the possible exception of Todd.

16. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    The confession about everything he and Walt did, he made with Hank
    Of course. I spaced that off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

-The Insider-

So the finale is titled FeLiNa which means Iron-Lithium-Sodium AKA Blood-Meth-Tears.

19. Likes:

Homer Bailey (09-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Same here. My issue with it is that I just don't care about them. Not sure if you watched the Sopranos, but some people argued that the New York family served a similar purpose in the last season of that show. Difference is, on The Sopranos they had built up the storyline with the New York family as early as season 2 (I think). Here, these guys really did just come out of nowhere, with no buildup or character development, with the possible exception of Todd.
    The Sopranos is exactly what I was thinking of, and how I was satisfied with the way they wrapped up the show. Like you said, the NJ/NY rivalry was well established earlier on, it just reached a boiling point as the show came to an end. To me the Aryan gang is more like if The Vipers were suddenly thrust into the last Sopranos episodes as the ones putting out the hits on the Tony's crew.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I think it took Hank's death for Walt to fully understand what he's done. He tried to save Hank's life, he saved Skylar, and now he'll go to save Jesse. I think Jesse will kill him in the finale.

Turn Off Ads?