Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    So what was Felina?
    Fe (iron) - Blood
    Li (lithium) - Meth
    Na (sodium) - Tears

It's also an anagram for finale.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So what was Felina?
    Its an anagram for finale as well as iron (bullets Fe) lithium (meth component Li) and tears (Sodium Na). Our tears are H2O plus Na. Simple and exquisite.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

I don't see Li in Meth.

I do get the anagram angle.

I did like the finale, but we'll never know if he gets off the island; or if he marries Mr Big.

6. Likes:

757690 (09-30-2013),Brutus (09-29-2013),vaticanplum (09-29-2013)

I don't see Li in Meth.
    Lithium metal is the most commonly used reactive metal in the clandestine manufacture of meth.

http://health.utah.gov/meth/html/Tox...h/Lithium.html
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

So what was Felina?
    It was a tribute to the Marty Robbins song "El Paso". When Walt steals the Volvo, a Marty Robbins tape falls from the glove compartment.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

9. Likes:

Homer Bailey (09-29-2013)

What about Fe Li Na being the car battery.

"Blood Meth Tears" seems too cute for the writers. I'm interested in their take.

Still too soon for me to pick between The Wire and BB for GOAT show, but I think they are in a clear tier of their own.

Rewatchability while knowing the outcome matters a lot to me. I also think for every 'believability' critique of BB, some wire fanatics act like season 5 with a fake serial killer never happened and it ended in S4. BB definitely went out on an upswing while The Wire kinda tapered off and even the ending montage of it was meh.

That said no show has ever built the kind of emotion in me on rewatches like The Wire with 'Where's Wallace?! String? String? Where the **** is Wallace?!!!'

If in a couple years BB can still make me feel that emotion with some of the suspense of 'what's next' removed, then for me BB would move to #1.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    It was a tribute to the Marty Robbins song "El Paso". When Walt steals the Volvo, a Marty Robbins tape falls from the glove compartment.
    That, too.

Is Jesse in the clear?

Is Jesse in the clear?
    Legally idk. Mentally and emotionally I know we're supposed to view him as free from Walt's manipulation, but given his history I'd imagine his character won't end up well.

Does anyone remember when Jesse tried doing normal work....
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Jesse is a survivor. I can't state this in a way that doesn't sound mad cheesy, but I truly believe that the character of Jesse is Vince Gilligan's nod to the storytelling pillar/humanity pillar that a good heart will survive.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I thought it ended the best way it could. There's no way a show can possibly satisfy everyone, but though it may have been predictable, it went out probably how it should have.

And that they used Badfinger's "Baby Blue" to end it was perfect IMHO.
    One prediction I had that didn't happen -- but this made it come dang close -- was that at some point we'd hear "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue".

17. Likes:

Brutus (09-29-2013)

I like Jesse too, but it wasnt that long ago he was going to rehab meetings to sell drugs to the addicts. I guess he evolved into the moral compass of the show, but thats mostly just due to how dark walt became over time.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    I like Jesse too, but it wasnt that long ago he was going to rehab meetings to sell drugs to the addicts. I guess he evolved into the moral compass of the show, but thats mostly just due to how dark walt became over time.
    Moral people still make mistakes. The selling at meetings part (along with many other things he went through) was all part of his character evolution, which was beautifully and consistently done. He always admitted his mistakes, and he always had bells that went off when he went too far. And I reference a good heart as something separate from just plain morality, actually. His instincts were always to err on expecting and wanting good from people more than bad.

Turn Off Ads?