Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC

Avoid reading the reviews at Metacritic.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I was watching an Seinfeld episode lately that had Tim Whatley (the one where he hosted the party Jerry wasn't invited to) and I watched it for a bit before I even realized that was the same Bryan Cranston. Hard to believe it's the same person.
    He also played the neighbor (perhaps just 1 episode, perhaps more) to Doug Heffernon on King of Queens as I discovered on TBS the other evening.

Just got an email from Netflix. Season 4 has now been added to Netflix.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Just got an email from Netflix. Season 4 has now been added to Netflix.
    Their timing couldn't be anymore damned inconvenient.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Their timing couldn't be anymore damned inconvenient.
    Seems perfect to me. If you haven't seen season 4 you could record tonight's episode and easily blow through season 4 in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Well? What did we think of the premiere?

Time for a Myth Busters Breaking Bad special episode.

Also really surprised that Ted is somehow not dead. Feels like Vince Gilligan trolled us with the oranges and the "better off Ted" title of the episode.

Still loved it though. One thing to note from reddit. Flash forward in the beginning where he is 52 is ~1 year in the future bc he was 50 in the pilot and its been about a year of actual time to that point. He also didnt have on his wedding ring, which they showed him wearing when he told Skyler "I forgive you" at the end of the episode.

Gonna be really interesting to see how Walt gets to that point and I hope we find out soon.

Last edited by ervinsm84; 07-18-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Watched the first episode last night. Was really disappointed. Actually thought it was pretty awful. I'm assuming it gets better? Like The Wire after the first season?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Watched the first episode last night. Was really disappointed. Actually thought it was pretty awful. I'm assuming it gets better? Like The Wire after the first season?
    Each season is better than the one before it. Gaps of improvement are probably like S4>>>>>S3>>>>S2>1, but I'm afraid S5 may be the first season to break that. S4 of this show is just so hard to top.

But, if you didn't like the pilot (and tbh I'm surprised you didnt, but different strokes for different folks) you probably wont end up liking the show very much. You could give it another episode or two, but I vividly remember being hooked after episode 1.
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 07-19-2012 at 02:26 AM.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    But, if you didn't like the pilot (and tbh I'm surprised you did, but different strokes for different folks) you probably wont end up liking the show very much. You could give it another episode or two, but I vividly remember being hooked after episode 1.
    Definitely not hooked. I went through this with MadMen.

BTW, I think these "buzz shows" get too much of a free ride. Every single one of them is "the best show on television". Sopranos is the mold for most of these. And, IMO, it's still far-and-away the best one.

Definitely not hooked. I went through this with MadMen.

BTW, I think these "buzz shows" get too much of a free ride. Every single one of them is "the best show on television". Sopranos is the mold for most of these. And, IMO, it's still far-and-away the best one.
    Fwiw, I think mad men is massively overrated and dont particularly care for it. I've watched most of them though bc my wife likes the show a lot. So I do think that Breaking Bad is hands down the best show on TV, but its not really a huge claim to fame. Plus it's still a small niche market on a relatively obscure cable channel. The premiere only got 2.9 million viewers just to show how few people are really watching this show.

I mean sopranos was one of the first to do television in that type of story telling style, and is a great series. Also one of the first anti hero ones that I can recall, and paved the way to where now anti-heros are fairly common in tv.

I still like the wire more than sopranos though, but that's bc its more important socially and way more quotable dialogue. Its really common on a a night out with my friends for someone to make some sort of Wire reference to something or quoting a one liner here or there.
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 07-19-2012 at 02:25 AM.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

I believe that time on the show is going to begin progressing exponentially this season. It's pretty wild that the first four seasons covered only one year considering how much has happened.

I watched the first three or four episodes when they originally aired and gave up on the show. Then everyone kept saying how great it was so I gave it a shot through Netflix and it got much better. I'm not like many who think it is the best show of all time, but I do enjoy it.

Yeah, it took me 3 or 4 episodes to really start to feel a connection to the show. Now? I think it truly is the best show on TV.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

OK wow.

I actually am one of the many people that had not seen a single episode until very recently (like, last few weeks). That's not unusual, as I don't watch a ton of television, but when I hear buzz for a TV show I've often started watching late. In fact, I didn't watch a single episode of LOST until the night after the finale and it would up being my favorite TV show ever (I watched the entire series in a matter of about six weeks, give or take).

So, as with many other shows, I just recently started watching this one after the hype for the final season. It took me about 4-5 shows to really get into it, but once I did, I was pretty hooked. Personally, the fourth season I think was one of the best seasons of TV I've seen. It was phenomenal writing, brilliant acting and captivating cinematography. While I don't watch a ton of television, I've always been an aspiring screenwriter/author and for me, this is an amazing series. So for those of you who have yet to watch or only barely started watching, I'd advise you give it more time. In my estimation, the series got better with each passing season.

I'm kind of glad I started watching late, though. It's more fun to watch a series like this marathon-style. Now I'll have to go week-by-week with everyone else for the rest of the series.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?