Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Dark Knight Rises

For those that haven't seen, the Dark Knight sequel will be out next summer. I am curious everyone's opinions on the confirmed villains for this one.

Anne Hathaway has been confirmed as Catwoman, Tom Hardy as Bane and it's rumored Liam Neeson will be Ra's al Ghul. I've still heard persisting rumors of a reprise by Aaron Eckart of two-face, but I am starting to think that's unlikely.

I'm excited for this film, though I must say I thought Dark Knight was one of the best ever created/directed. I fear that the lack of closure from the Joker storyline will make this one hard to accept, even if it's meant to be a standalone story. The Joker became a real nemesis and because of how they left him hanging (pun intended), I just don't know if the new story will be feasible that he's out of the picture.

I also realize after Heath's performance, you can't really bring back the Joker. It just wouldn't be the same. I just hope they properly explain that lingering element in the new arc.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Brutus; 07-17-2011 at 06:43 PM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?