Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    SPOILER

You have to assume Bruce Wayne had significant stashes of cash, passports, and vehicles in various locations throughout the world, and that he had a network of tunnels to allow him to get into Gotham without being noticed (that is, unless he wanted to put on a public display like he did earlier in the movie).
    You're the first person that I've asked that hasn't said "because he's Batman."

This actually makes some sense. Just hard to believe considering he had to ask Alfred if they still had any cars around earlier in the movie.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Yeah, it's a Batman movie.

I've been watching the old Batman '66 movie with my kids lately, and that film does a great job of lampooning those ridiculous last-minute escapes.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb."

"I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    You're the first person that I've asked that hasn't said "because he's Batman."

This actually makes some sense. Just hard to believe considering he had to ask Alfred if they still had any cars around earlier in the movie.
    The bank seized all his known assets. I'm assuming he still had plenty of stuff that remained hidden.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I finally got a chance to see it yesterday. I was not disappointed nor was my wife who said to me as we left "that did not feel like a 3-hr movie".

Spoiler Alert

The biggest pet peeve is that the whole "no one will ever know who Batman was". The Gotham media was either very gullible or naive. I mean Batman dies and Bruce Wayne dies at the same time and no one connects the dots (which a few exceptions). Especially when Wayne had went into self exile AT THE SAME TIME Batman did yet no one thought to question it.

Also the stock trades that were attributed to Bruce Wayne (that forced him to lose his fortune and subsequently his company) came on a day were that said stock market was attacked. A simple review of the transaction records would have shown that the trades occurred during the attack.

Minor details but they drove me crazy none the less.

So what you're telling me is that Batman might cheat on his taxes?

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I just finished Batman: Arkham City for PS3, and all I have to say is, "Wow." Such a great game.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    I finally got a chance to see it yesterday. I was not disappointed nor was my wife who said to me as we left "that did not feel like a 3-hr movie".

Spoiler Alert

The biggest pet peeve is that the whole "no one will ever know who Batman was". The Gotham media was either very gullible or naive. I mean Batman dies and Bruce Wayne dies at the same time and no one connects the dots (which a few exceptions). Especially when Wayne had went into self exile AT THE SAME TIME Batman did yet no one thought to question it.

Also the stock trades that were attributed to Bruce Wayne (that forced him to lose his fortune and subsequently his company) came on a day were that said stock market was attacked. A simple review of the transaction records would have shown that the trades occurred during the attack.

Minor details but they drove me crazy none the less.
    For all they knew Bruce Wayne was killed in the ice.

Wayne didn't go into self exile until a few years after Batman did. Miranda Tate said this when they talked about how their energy project failed.

Last edited by Razor Shines; 08-22-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Wow.

There are just no words for how disappointing this is.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

You mean you haven't been waiting for that Daredevil-Superman movie?

Now I hope they dump Cahill and give Nick Cage his wish and let him play Superman. An Affleck/Cage Batman/Superman movie would be so awesomely bad.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 08-22-2013 at 11:27 PM.

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-23-2013),PepperJack (08-28-2013)

-The Insider-

A lot of people are bashing this choice but I don't see anything "wrong" with it. I mean, I know a lot of people hated Daredevil, but he is pretty awesome in The Town and Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Wow.

There are just no words for how disappointing this is.
    If we get the Ben Affleck from Argo and Good Will Hunting, I am ok. The clown from Reindeer games, and Gigli, no bueno.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I'm guessing that Bruce Wayne has moved on to saving Boston and he's chasing some Irish mobsters.

They call me "chef"

Superman is held hostage and Ben Affleck stages a fake film where he plays Batman to help usher Supes to freedom.

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-23-2013),LoganBuck (08-22-2013),Razor Shines (08-22-2013)

Who cares man of steel was horrible.

Turn Off Ads?