Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

For some reason people still haven't forgiven Afflack for his 2001-2004 stretch, when his run both acting and directing since then has been very solid almost without exception. I think he can pull it off.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Word is that Bryan Cranston (of "Breaking Bad" fame) has been cast as Lex Luthor to a multi-picture deal, and the idea for DC will be all their major superheroes and villains appearing in each other's movies (v. the Marvel idea of "1 hero, 1 movie" in the non-Avengers films).

I really wish someone other than Zach Snyder was in charge of the DC stuff.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

4. Likes:

Razor Shines (08-26-2013)

Outside of Affleck being Batman, I'm not big on the idea of a Superman vs. Batman movie mostly because it's another bullet point in making I Am Legend into a true story.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Word is that Bryan Cranston (of "Breaking Bad" fame) has been cast as Lex Luthor to a multi-picture deal, and the idea for DC will be all their major superheroes and villains appearing in each other's movies (v. the Marvel idea of "1 hero, 1 movie" in the non-Avengers films).
    Black Widow in IM2 and CA2
    Tony Stark in Hulk
    Bruce Banner in IM3
    Hawkeye in Thor
    Fury in almost all of them
    Coulson in almost all of them.
    Loki in Thor/Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    No superhero has anything on Ralph Hinkley
    Good point. By definition, he was the greatest American hero.

Case closed.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Here's a differing opinion on Affleck.

From the awards-snaffling Argo to Hollywoodland, Gone Baby Gone and The Town, he's had an increasingly bulletproof CV of late, and it's hard to argue that he hasn't since gained the maturity and world-weary experience to take on a role that looks to be positioning itself as the mirror image to Superman's younger energy
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

This may be common knowledge and I'm just behind.

Are there going to be any tie ins to Nolan's Dark Knight or is this all just gonna be whatever Snider decides? I assume that would mean that JGL as Robin is also out?

You can neg me if you feel I should know this or been able to relatively easily find this information on my own.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

They call me "chef"

It's a different universe from Nolan's.

Supposedly it will draw inspiration from the Frank Miller "Dark Knight Strikes Back" graphic novels (old grizzled Batman VS. Superman).

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-01-2013),Razor Shines (08-30-2013)

Josh Brolin as older Batman would have ruled it.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Josh Brolin as older Batman would have ruled it.
    If only because an older Batman would force them to play up the (severely underutilized in movies) "Worlds Greatest Detective" aspect of the character.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?