Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Entourage: The final season

-The Insider-

Entourage: The final season

The boys are back starting this Sunday, July 24, for the final time on tv. I am sad. Are you?
    Last edited by cinreds21; 07-18-2011 at 03:45 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Entourage: The final season

"final time". The rumors are that there will be a movie to finish things up. I am a little disappointed that its going to be over, but at least they do get to finish it unlike too many shows that I get into and they get cancelled and they never really have any finality.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    "final time". The rumors are that there will be a movie to finish things up. I am a little disappointed that its going to be over, but at least they do get to finish it unlike too many shows that I get into and they get cancelled and they never really have any finality.
    Yea. I hope the movie does happen. I haven't heard anything about it for a while so I don't know if they decided against it or not. I'm mad that it's only eight episodes. Not nearly enough.

In all honesty, I think its about time for that show to end. I thought they had pretty much run the gammot of Vince's rise and fall career rollercoaster, which is the central theme of the show, but last season's dark side was an interesting twist that freshoned the show up a bit.

I hope they avoid a movie, the key for this show is the half hour time slot it fills. Some episodes could be stretched out to an hour I'm sure, but I'd fear that a 2 hour movie would move too slowly. I'm hoping for a nice solid end, perhaps a few loose strings, but one that shows the boys on top and ready to move foward with their lives.

It's time for the show to end. Last season was a nice surprise, but the past four seasons prior to the last one were all fluff with no substance.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

What is it about these shows that call 8-12 episodes a "season". It seems to be the norm outside of network t.v. these days.

Been a big fan of the show and will be a little sad to see it go. I had big hopes for 'Boardwalk Empire', but it just hasn't grabbed me for some reason.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    What is it about these shows that call 8-12 episodes a "season". It seems to be the norm outside of network t.v. these days.

Been a big fan of the show and will be a little sad to see it go. I had big hopes for 'Boardwalk Empire', but it just hasn't grabbed me for some reason.
    Im with you 100% there brother. I'm a huge fan of Walking Dead and it was like 6 episodes for season 1. Just assinine.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    It's time for the show to end. Last season was a nice surprise, but the past four seasons prior to the last one were all fluff with no substance.
    Season 4 was awesome in my opinion. Season 5 was decent, but 6 and 7 were not very good. I'm hoping season 8 will go out with a bang.

I liked season 7, particularly the dark side of Vince that they showed.

anyhoo, my guess the reason for the 12 episode "season" is that the cable companies don't have the money to do a full scale 26 episode season like ABC, CBS, NBC do. Additionally, since there are only 12 episodes, you feel like you "have" to watch each one. How many friends, sienfield, office, CSI, Law & Order, etc... episodes were "skippable"? How many of them, if you had a conflict one week you just picked up the show the following week since most shows were independant of the other shows that season. Walking Dead, Entourage, The Killings, Breaking Bad, Big Love, etc.. have much more continuation week to week. I suspect if you dragged these shows out to 26 episodes, the pace of each show would really drag down. Each season is more like an extended movie, one week builds towards the next, which builds towards the season finale. Sure some shows like Entourage have more episodes that can be skipped over w/o lossing the flow of the season than say the Walking Dead did, but you still lost a little bit of the story.

On top of that, the ABC, NBCs of the world go to repeat land in the summer, and certain periods over the winter. They try and stuff overplayed "reality" TV or failed shows with poor concepts, direction, appeal. HBO may bring you a quick 12 episode season, but with the possible exception of a holiday weekend, every Sunday you're getting a new episode of "your" show. I think it helps the station remain a bit fresh that you get different type of shows at different points of the year. Sopranos was always on during the same season, Entourage has always been a summer show, Big Love was on in the Winter, etc... Tell a good story, work towards the end of the story, then move on to the next story before you can grow board with a particular show so that when it comes back on next year, you're ready to watch.

It's been pretty bad the last 3 or 4 years.

Terrible show. Terrible episode last night. I have no idea why I keep watching it. I gues I've come along this far, may as well stick it out.

I honestly thought it was canceled years ago.

The only characters I care about are Ari, Lloyd and sometimes Johnny Drama.

Eric and Vince are two of the least interesting characters in the history of television, imo. I root against them in every episode.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Terrible show. Terrible episode last night. I have no idea why I keep watching it. I gues I've come along this far, may as well stick it out.
    I think the first episode set up quite a bit. I won't post spoilers, but there are several storylines that unfolded in the episode that could be interesting. The Ari storyline is the one I think could make the season great depending on how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Ditto. I should have quit watching after Season 4 but I'm already so far invested, I have to see it through.

Sunday nights' episode was awful

good news jersey shore starts in a week lol

Turn Off Ads?