Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade News

Trade News

Acoording to John Heyman of SI ... The Reds are rumoured to have offerd Alonso, Wood, and Volquez to Rockies for Jimenez... Thoughts believe there is any truth ??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade News

That would be awesome if we can get him with that offer.

Hmmm...SI...I would do it, but I don't think Rockies would.

Heyman's Twitter:

SI_JonHeyman
    rivals believe #reds equipped to trade for top reliever and/or jimenez. ubaldo package could be: alonso/wood/volquez

could being the key word there. never says they made the offer

If that's the offer I'm all for it. I feel like the Rockies would probably want a little more though.

Never happen, Rockies would want someone like Cueto/Bruce and such for that guy.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Rockies want ML ready prospects.Which we got.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Never happen, Rockies would want someone like Cueto/Bruce and such for that guy.
    Cueto/Bruce could haul in a lot more than Ubaldo Jimenez.

Helton still has a couple of years left on his deal, though I think they could move him as his salary is reasonable. Assuming they want him to spend his entire career in Colorado, I can't see them wanting Alonso as that is a huge outfield he'd have to play in out in left. And I wouldn't even think about trading Jay Bruce straight up for Jimenez.

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    Rockies want ML ready prospects.Which we got.
    they want that AND Major league ready players. Again to get this guy you will have to include the likes of Cueto or Bruce or Stubbs or Homer and such. It will take 3-4 guys, 2 being on the ML roster and 2 prospects to get this guy.

they want that AND Major league ready players. Again to get this guy you will have to include the likes of Cueto or Bruce or Stubbs or Homer and such. It will take 3-4 guys, 2 being on the ML roster and 2 prospects to get this guy.
    It wouldn't take more than Alonso, Frazier and Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. red View Post
    It wouldn't take more than Alonso, Frazier and Wood.
    You are dreaming, there is no way they would accept that. They hold all they keys, they don't have to deal him, there is no reason to deal him. Trust me it will take to A+ and a couple of minor leagues to pry him away from the rockies.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

NO TEAM in contention is going to trade their major league players for an additional piece of the puzzle. They never do. Why would any contending team WEAKEN their already winning/contending lineup to add another piece of the puzzle????? That's just plain stupid. And rarely do you see that happen.

Sabathia and other were obtained with top prospects.

If the Rockies want Bruce or Stubbs........the Reds would just weaken their team to add a piece. Not going to happen.

I can see Wood, Volquez, Alonso, and maybe someone like Heisey, who is a part time type player. No way Bruce or Votto or any other key piece to the lineup gets traded and weakens this team though.

Old Red Guard Reject

You are dreaming, there is no way they would accept that. They hold all they keys, they don't have to deal him, there is no reason to deal him. Trust me it will take to A+ and a couple of minor leagues to pry him away from the rockies.
    I don't think he's dreaming. That offer is more than fair. If the Rockies disagree then move on to the next potential deal.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

I like Bailey and Stubbs, but do you actually realize the difference between Cueto/Bruce and Bailey/Stubbs?
    I wouldn't trade Cueto for Jimenez straight up. He's younger, signed longer and to an affordable contract, and currently pitching much better.

That said, I'd take Jimenez for EV, Alonso, Wood...even throw in Francisco if you want.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Turn Off Ads?