Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 21 out of 48

21 out of 48

Out of the 48 games the Reds have lost this season so far, in 21 of those the pitching staff gave up 4 runs or less. So...if our offense was just consistant I am will to bet we win at least half or even 75% of those games, so instead of being 47-48 we would be around 57-60 wins on the season and where would that put us? Yes our pitching has struggled, but come on 21 games our offense couldn't put up 5 runs?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 21 out of 48

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Out of the 48 games the Reds have lost this season so far, in 21 of those the pitching staff gave up 4 runs or less. So...if our offense was just consistant I am will to bet we win at least half or even 75% of those games, so instead of being 47-48 we would be around 57-60 wins on the season and where would that put us? Yes our pitching has struggled, but come on 21 games our offense couldn't put up 5 runs?
    So in 27 of those 48 games, our pitching staff couldn't give up 4 or fewer runs?

I'm sorry, but the team has been lousy. Pitching and hitting alike. But if you look at the hitting success, it massively outweighs the pitching success.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. red View Post
    So in 27 of those 48 games, our pitching staff couldn't give up 4 or fewer runs?

I'm sorry, but the team has been lousy. Pitching and hitting alike. But if you look at the hitting success, it massively outweighs the pitching success.
    If my pitching staff can keep the opposition to 4 runs or less, I will take that every night and twice on Sunday. If our offense did it's job, we should average 5 runs a game, but we dont, we put up 9 runs in one and follow that up with outputs of 1,2.1.3.1. Sorry while our pitching has struggled, we are at sub. 500 because of our offense, not the pitching.

not another one of these threads.

Its silly to cherry pick only the losses and not look at who was the cause for the wins. Since were all about arbitrarily picking cutoff points for runs, Ill say 4 or more is a victory for the offense if the Reds win and if Reds score 3 or less and win, then its a "victory by the pitching."

The Total gives us for the REDS 47 wins

Reds Pitching won 8 games when offense scores 3 or less
    Reds Offense won 39 games when offense scores 4 or more

This type of stuff is asinine, DUCY?

What is relevant, is the REDS are 16-29 when they score exactly 2,3,4, or 5 runs
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 07-18-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

For point of reference, some other teams that are doing pretty well this year, this is their record when scoring exactly 2,3,4, or 5 runs

For pt of reference, some other teams records in games they score exactly 2,3,4 or 5 runs

Giants 37-23
    Braves 34-25
    Brewers 24-23
    Cards 26-24
    Red Sox 22-18
    Yanks 26-24
    Phillies 33-19

Still think the O is the prob?

Maybe the pitching should be winning some more games when the offense has a normal night off. The entire idea of consistency of run scoring its funny. I havent ran the numbers, but Id be really surprised if theres some insanely diff std deviation of runs scored for the reds compared to say who? Please, tell me which team has this amazing consistent offense, bc every single "good" offense in the MLB would be labeled inconsistent by people who say things like the OP.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Cardinals gave up 4 or less runs in 11 of their 45 losses.
    Brewers gave up 4 or less runs in 14 of their 45 losses.
    Braves gave up 4 or less runs in 14 of their 39 losses.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

This is one of those situations where stats don't tell the picture. The offense clearly is the problem if you actually watch the games and have a clue about baseball.

The more pertinent stat is that this team is batting .210 with RISP.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    This is one of those situations where stats don't tell the picture. The offense clearly is the problem if you actually watch the games and have a clue about baseball.

nice try at the subtle stab. Youre clearly wrong.

Off score 3 runs or less # of times
    Braves 43
    Brewers 38
    Cards 37
    Phillies 49
    Yanks 29
    Red Sox 28
    Reds 41
    Giants 56

==============

Off Score 5 or more
    Reds 44
    Red Sox 47
    yanks 50
    Giants 30
    Brewers 41
    Cardinals 46
    Braves 35
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    nice try at the subtle stab. Youre clearly wrong.

Off score 3 runs or less # of times
    Braves 43
    Brewers 38
    Cards 37
    Phillies 49
    Yanks 29
    Red Sox 28
    Reds 41
    Giants 56

==============

Off Score 5 or more
    Reds 44
    Red Sox 47
    yanks 50
    Giants 30
    Brewers 41
    Cardinals 46
    Braves 35
    I listen to intelligent people and they were talking on the pregame show that the offense clearly is the problem because they are hitting .210 with RISP, 18 points below league average. They stated the stats on the show.

This team pads it's stats against bad pitchers and can't hit when it counts.

Everyone but you knows that including the smart baseball people who cover the team. Sorry, but you're wrong.

I listen to intelligent people and they were talking on the pregame show that the offense clearly is the problem because they are hitting .210 with RISP, 18 points below league average. They stated the stats on the show.

This team pads it's stats against bad pitchers and can't hit when it counts.

Everyone but you knows that including the smart baseball people who cover the team. Sorry, but you're wrong.

keep drinking the kool aid. im sure marty and whatever washed up analyst you listened to are thinking about baseball in a very non emotional and statistical manner.

If you want to use stats, dear lord, pointing to of all things, BA with RISP as being the problem with the offense, is so mind numbingly dumb that im convinced youre leveling. But you probably dont even know what that means

If not, i really feel sorry for you. And yes, its reds fans like you that are the problem with this fan base that just regurgitate whatever nonsense they hear on the radio as if Marty or some other analyst is god. Try looking at the entire picture for once in your life. It might open your eyes.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    keep drinking the kool aid. im sure marty and whatever washed up analyst you listened to are thinking about baseball in a very non emotional and statistical manner.

If you want to use stats, dear lord, pointing to of all things, BA with RISP as being the problem with the offense, is so mind numbingly dumb that im convinced youre leveling. But you probably dont even know what that means

If not, i really feel sorry for you. And yes, its reds fans like you that are the problem with this fan base that just regurgitate whatever nonsense they hear on the radio as if Marty or some other analyst is god. Try looking at the entire picture for once in your life. It might open your eyes.
    It was on TV. Oops! D'oh! Blew your comment out of the water!!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Marty is on TV. Yikes.

Again, you must be Dusty's son. BA with RISP is so mind numbingly dumb? I guess OBP is stupid too? Hmmm.

Ervin eh? 84? Is that when you were born or your baseball IQ.

I can do this all day.

god this is like talking to a 7 year old. You took a discussion and turned it into a personal piss fest. Glad to see a 40 something year old troll takes enough time out of his day to post 2000 some times on a forum just to try and get in arguments. Im sure your life is wonderful
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

anyways, back on topic.

If you or anyone can actually give a rational and logical explanation as to why the Reds have such a horrid record in comparison to the other good teams when scoring exactly 2,3,4 or 5 runs, Id really appreciate the explanation.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

id like to introduce you all to the winner.....RISP is this teams problem....

no clutch gene obv
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Turn Off Ads?