Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RISP with less than 2 outs...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RISP with less than 2 outs...

This is just getting ridiculous. In the 1st inning tonight you have a guy on 3rd with no one out, and then 2nd and 3rd with 1 out, 0 runs. The Pirates score both of their runs by a weak infield squibber and a mid-outfield fly ball in the same situation. That is the difference in the game, and has been in several games lately. In the Milwaukee series, They had many opportunities to put runs on the board and failed to do so. They have to either start producing in these situations or start getting guys that will. (obviously not referring to Votto and Phillips tonight as much as the trend that has been going on, I realize no one is 100%)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: RISP with less than 2 outs...

Yep.

Welcome to the party. Sure is getting crowded in here.

Unless I misread the statistics in Baseball-Reference.com this team is exactly, and I do mean exactly, the same team with runners in scoring position as they are overall. Here are the numbers. The only adjustment I made was to remove IBB since those are really out of the control of the hitter and only happen with runners in scoring position.

Code:
    BA-TOT	0.258
    BARISP	0.259

OBP-TOT	0.328
    OBPRISP	0.327

SLG-TOT	0.403
    SLGRISP	0.402

OPS-TOT	0.731
    OPSRISP	0.729

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Unless I misread the statistics in Baseball-Reference.com this team is exactly, and I do mean exactly, the same team with runners in scoring position as they are overall. Here are the numbers. The only adjustment I made was to remove IBB since those are really out of the control of the hitter and only happen with runners in scoring position.

Code:
    BA-TOT	0.258
    BARISP	0.259

OBP-TOT	0.328
    OBPRISP	0.327

SLG-TOT	0.403
    SLGRISP	0.402

OPS-TOT	0.731
    OPSRISP	0.729
    This makes me feel a lot better right now, after watching them load the bases with 1 out and not score again, lol.

This is rediculus. I think Jay Bruce is the worst clutch hitterin Reds history. If the score is 14 to 0, he is the most dangereous hitter in baseball, but if it is a close game in a critical situation, well it curtains, I have a better chance of getting a hit than Bruce. I am sick of watching Bruce jump out of his shoes trying to hit everything into the upper deck in right field. Bruce, PLEASE just once in your life try to hit the ball to left field just once go the other way. Bruce is overrated and Gomes is an absolute disaster. The only players who have any clutch in them are Ryan Hannagan, Joey Votty and Ramon Herandez. If we don't bring up Alonzo and Sapplet and send Gomes and Renteria packing then I just give up. If Gomes is good in the clubhouse (which he may well be) hire him as a coach, but for Christ sake bring up Alonzo and Sapplet. I have seen about as much as I can take of Gomes and Lewis also Rolen has been terrible offensively.

I forgot about Stubbs, he is a terrific defensive center fielder. Stubbs is the closest thing I have ever see to an automatic strike out (in a crutical situation) that I have ever seen). It's absolutely amazing. The best thing for the opposition to do is load the bases in front of either Bruce or Stubbs, it the kiss of death, you might as well take a coffee break, usually neither one will even foul the ball off much less (heaven forbid) get a clutch hit. It's absolutely unbelievable. Lets bring up Alonzo and Sapplet before I get an ulser and upset stomach watching this day in and day out.

It's funny how these situations ALWAYS find Bruce. Whether he's hitting 5th or subbed in late and batting 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    It's funny how these situations ALWAYS find Bruce. Whether he's hitting 5th or subbed in late and batting 9th.
    5 LOB in two at-bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I wish they would start finding Joey Votto.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I wish they would start finding Joey Votto.
    No kidding, problem is he's usually one of the guys getting LOB lol.

But the smarter, more intelligent board ORG told me that we're 2nd in the league in RUNS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by todd gack View Post
    but the smarter, more intelligent board org told me that we're 2nd in the league in runs!!!!!!
    Do not ever question that board!!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?