Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 nfl free agency thread

2011 nfl free agency thread

With the lockout on the verge of being almost over I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to discuss free agency as it is going to be a crazy time once this deal is signed on Thursday. Several teams are well below the cap like Tampa Bay and the Bengals. While the Cowboys and others are well over the cap. Should be a very fun week.

List all free agent signings here as well as rumored signings!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: 2011 nfl free agency thread

Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are asking to become unrestricted free agents and to be exempt from being franchise tagged for their careers. Apparently this is nothing new in the world of CBA negotiations.

As for free agency, since the Bengals are so far under the cap I expect them to be a major player in the market, signing at least one A-list FA and another one or two second tier players. They will...hehe...spend the...hohohehe...money...*snicker*...to....BWAH-HA-HAAAAA!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't make it through that last paragraph without laughing.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Mike Brown has got to be so ticked off right now. It wouldn't surprise me if he wants to hold onto Carson Palmer and his contract now...

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Mike Brown has got to be so ticked off right now. It wouldn't surprise me if he wants to hold onto Carson Palmer and his contract now...
    I for one look forward to reading many a Hobson article that states "the Bengals are still leaving $10 million in cap space in hopes that Palmer changes his mind".

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I for one look forward to reading many a Hobson article that states "the Bengals are still leaving $10 million in cap space in hopes that Palmer changes his mind".
    Exactly and for the first two yrs of the contract small market teams only have to go up to 89% of the cap. I can see Mike Brown saving some room for Palmer just in case he decides to come back and try and force a trade.

I wonder how many injured players or convicts Mike may try and sign this season.

What exactly does this team need? I see a need for both safety spots, another running back, offensive line depth, lots of money to play with. The only problem with this is of course... MIKE F'ING BROWN! Anyone interested in hiring ninja assassins to rid the NFL and Bengals fans of this disgrace. I will pay the first $100.

Looks like the league opens for business on Weds. Rumors have it that teams will have a three day window to sign there FA's before everything opens up on Saturday. Bengals need to put a good offer out there for J Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Looks like the league opens for business on Weds. Rumors have it that teams will have a three day window to sign there FA's before everything opens up on Saturday. Bengals need to put a good offer out there for J Joe.
    Boy it's gonna be a seriously busy weekend in the world of sports. Baseballs trade deadline and NFL free agency all at the same time.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I'd like to see the Bengals take a look at Ahmad Bradshaw if he hits the market. Could be a suitable replacement for Cedric Benson.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'd like to see the Bengals take a look at Ahmad Bradshaw if he hits the market. Could be a suitable replacement for Cedric Benson.
    You leave Bradshaw alone!!!!! He is a Giant.

And ESPN is now saying that free agency can start up as early as this afternoon if the players ratify when they say they are supposed to.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Now its back to Tuesday for signing rookies, undrafted rookie free agents and Free Agency.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Tampa Bay is going to have to dish out a crapload of cash just to make it to the salary floor. I'm guessing they have the resources to outbid everyone for Asomugha, but I'm hoping they stay away from splashy FA signings.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    As a Herd fan and a Bengals fan I would be in heaven.

Pat Devlin to Miami and Herzlich to the Giants

Reports sayin that Ravens are going to cut Heap and Mason to meet salary cap.

Also, Cowboys are said to cut Roy Williams, and Marion Barber.
    Last edited by Sean_CaseyRules; 07-26-2011 at 04:21 PM.
    Let's make some noise!

Turn Off Ads?