Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2011 nfl free agency thread

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Bengals signed former Raiders LB Thomas Howard to a 2 year contract.
    Apparently part of the reason for that deal is Keith Rivers injured his wrist in the off season and will be out for several weeks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2011 nfl free agency thread

J Jo to Texans in a 5 yr deal. Bengals look to be keeping with that losing tradition!
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    J Jo to Texans in a 5 yr deal. Bengals look to be keeping with that losing tradition!

Josephs contract details:

McClain_on_NFL John McClain

Joseph gets 5 years, $48.75 million and $23.5 guaranteed, including $12.5 signing bonus.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Usama (don't call me bin laden) Young-FS signed from the Saints to my Brownies.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Josephs contract details:

McClain_on_NFL John McClain

Joseph gets 5 years, $48.75 million and $23.5 guaranteed, including $12.5 signing bonus.
    Good googly moogly. Every year somebody overpays for a corner. This is the definition of overpaying for a corner. It sucks that the Bengals lose him. JJo was always nicked up. Texans overpaid. I hate the contract.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Mikey going back on his commitment even though Odom signed a contract and relied on it.

@joereedy Joe Reedy
    Per league source #bengals DE Antwan Odom has been released

After seeing what Houston paid Joseph I'm glad we didn't go that high. That would be ridiculous money for a #2 corner. I guess the only question is what in the world are we going to spend that money on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    After seeing what Houston paid Joseph I'm glad we didn't go that high. That would be ridiculous money for a #2 corner. I guess the only question is what in the world are we going to spend that money on now.
    As I think you'll find out this year, Joseph was never the #2 corner on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    As I think you'll find out this year, Joseph was never the #2 corner on this team.
    I dunno. I don't think there is a huge difference between him and Leon Hall, but if I had to pick I'd take Leon all day. JJ has had too many injury issues and Leon Hall is about as dependable as you'll find.

I dunno. I don't think there is a huge difference between him and Leon Hall, but if I had to pick I'd take Leon all day. JJ has had too many injury issues and Leon Hall is about as dependable as you'll find.
    I agree Leon has the edge in terms of health, which can't be overlooked, but in terms of performance on the field, I'd take Joseph any day over Hall. It'd be nice to have both, but that ship has obviously sailed.

Jaguars update - Jags needed up upgrade defensively big time in linebackers and defensive backfield. So far they've added MLB Paul Poluszny, OLB Clint Sessions, and Safety Dawan Landry.

Hall can play zone...JJ can defend man to man. JJ was not Roy Williams. He missed about 5 games in 2 years after missing a lot the previous year.....but he was still there at least 13-14 times a year.

He became overpaid beacuse he was lowballed by SOP when he would have signed for less. But that is SOP MO.

And Brown will field a joke team in 2011 and 2012. They are nearly 50M under the cap right now---and with NOTHING to spend the money on.

Mike Brown was what Mel Brooks had in mind when he came up with the character.... Count De Money in his "History of the World" Movie.

Nnamdi Asomugha and the Eagles have agreed to a deal.

Nnamdi Asomugha and the Eagles have agreed to a deal.
    Just like Cliff Lee.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?