Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 2011 nfl free agency thread

Re: 2011 nfl free agency thread

Bengals no longer have G Deuce Lutui after he failed his physical by showing up overweight.
    Not surprising considering I saw on either a Bengals forum or Cardinals forum that he showed up around 400 or so pounds last season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Bengals no longer have G Deuce Lutui after he failed his physical by showing up overweight.
    Not surprising considering I saw on either a Bengals forum or Cardinals forum that he showed up around 400 or so pounds last season.
    So I guess we shouldn't call him Deuce, maybe quad... bad joke

I am ok with bringing Whitner in. He isn't bad at all. In fact he was part of a Buffalo secondary that was pretty darn good. He won't come in and set the world on fire, but he is solid. My guess is he would play the strong safety position. Would be a good target in my opinion. With latui out, and muckelroy out, I would like to see another lineman and another linebacker signed. Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    I am ok with bringing Whitner in. He isn't bad at all. In fact he was part of a Buffalo secondary that was pretty darn good. He won't come in and set the world on fire, but he is solid. My guess is he would play the strong safety position. Would be a good target in my opinion. With latui out, and muckelroy out, I would like to see another lineman and another linebacker signed. Any Ideas?
    Lofa Tatupu is rumored to have been cut or going to be in short order. Bengals like the guys who have been cut, it helps them weight potential compensation picks in their favor. Also Leonard Davis or Brian Waters. Not necessarily suggesting they are my choices but guys the Bengals are likely to consider 1st and foremost.

They also probably should try to bring back Brandon Johnson at this point. Also Manny Lawson is available but he's alot like Michael Johnson IMO, therefore perhaps redundant.

BTW LoganBuck how does a Bengal fan get Robert Muckleroy from Roddrick Muckelroy?
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 08-01-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post

BTW LoganBuck how does a Bengal fan get Robert Muckleroy from Roddrick Muckelroy?
    I haven't quite figured out how to type things with my phone yet. Auto correct is killing me.
    Last edited by LoganBuck; 08-01-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Names that intrigue me as possibilities for the Bengals: Manny Lawson, Donte Whitner, Madieu Williams, Matt Roth, Leonard Davis, Brian Waters, Brandon Johnson

No on M. Williams. We already went down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    No on M. Williams. We already went down that road.
    He already signed with the 49ers and I saw a post from someone on another forum that said he didn't want to come back here.

Bengals have agreed to a 1 year deal with LB Manny Lawson

Any word on them picking up another o lineman and safety? Running back? I don't know where to find rumors on nfl free agency and trades, any ideas?

Any word on them picking up another o lineman and safety?
    Supposedly Washington G Casey Rabach is mulling offers from the Bengals and Ravens, with the Bengals offering more money.

Also, the pursuit of Donte Whitner is cooling off for now...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Bengals signed guard Max Jean Giles to a 1 year deal

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    He already signed with the 49ers and I saw a post from someone on another forum that said he didn't want to come back here.
    I find that incredibly shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I haven't quite figured out how to type things with my phone yet. Auto correct is killing me.
    Gotcha, I know how that is.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Bengals and safety Donte Whitner have agreed to a 2 year deal

Turn Off Ads?