Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds look at Figgins, Crisp

Reds look at Figgins, Crisp

http://danny-knobler.blogs.cbssports...90096/30717444

Even as they've strongly pursued Colorado's Ubaldo Jimenez and have looked into Houston's Wandy Rodriguez, the Reds have expanded their search for a new leadoff hitter, as well.

The two names that currently interest them, according to sources: Seattle's Chone Figgins and Oakland's Coco Crisp.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds look at Figgins, Crisp

Figgins and Crisp have a combined OBP of .542.

That should end all trade speculation right there.

Yeah, Figgins simply hasn't produced since being dealt to the Mariners...but if they're willing to eat most of his salary and package him with say King Felix or Brandon League....eh, I'm just saying...

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I will set fire to GABP if we deal for Chone Figgins.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Overpriced, overhyped, washed up vets? Sounds like a Walt target to me.

After reading that I have never felt better about the direction the Reds are going.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I will set fire to GABP if we deal for Chone Figgins.

I understand the leadoff part,but how about a cleanup hitter to protect Votto,muchless a hitter who wont leave RISP!

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    Overpriced, overhyped, washed up vets? Sounds like a Walt target to me.
    Dusty is licking his chops as well.

Recovering Cubs Fan

I'd keep an open mind on Figgins.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    I'd keep an open mind on Figgins.
    He's quite possibly the worst positional player in all of baseball. But hey, if we can live through Corey Patterson and Willy Tavares, we can survive Chone Figgins horrible play and awful first name, right? After all, the name of the game when one is a Reds or Bengals fan is building character.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

He's quite possibly the worst positional player in all of baseball. But hey, if we can live through Corey Patterson and Willy Tavares, we can survive Chone Figgins horrible play and awful first name, right? After all, the name of the game when one is a Reds or Bengals fan is building character.
    figgins old,and could be washed up.However,alot of players who came there via FA dont pan out.Maybe I'm wrong?

Recovering Cubs Fan

Figgins was pretty good before he went to Seattle. My guess is he's completely uncomfortable there. No one wanted Rolen either, but he just hated Toronto. If Figgins happened, I'd wait and see before having a hissy fit.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

I think we have a Figgins or Crisp down at Louisville in Sappelt . His numbers are starting to come back up after his MIA for Oblique injury. I want a "BAT" to protect Votto. I would take Ludwick at this point. We make this Morton guy out to be the second coming of Roy Oswalt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1476 View Post
    I think we have a Figgins or Crisp down at Louisville in Sappelt . His numbers are starting to come back up after his MIA for Oblique injury. I want a "BAT" to protect Votto. I would take Ludwick at this point. We make this Morton guy out to be the second coming of Roy Oswalt.
    Yep

Turn Off Ads?