Turn Off Ads?

Thread: College Football Realignment

Threaded View

Re: College Football Realignment

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    It's more hot air than anything, but the B1G Ten has tried to build it's brand around similar universities. Everyone(except Northwestern) is a large research university and the various institutions do collaborate on some things. I remember the libraries had a joint borrowing program when I was there.

As far as I have heard, the "cultural fit" seems to matter most in the B1G Ten, next in the Pac-10, then the ACC and Big East at least pay lip service to it, and the SEC and Big 12 don't seem to care a whole lot.
    Rutgers??

The SEC is a very homogenous league outside Vanderbilt, which is one of the preeminent schools in the country with a campus that still feels very SEC despite the fact that it's in the middle of a big city. SEC has shown an eye towards maximizing new markets, like everyone else, but they certainly haven't neglected to make sure their expansion has made sense and fits culturally into the rest of the league. I would say SEC has done the best of that hands down to this point. The SEC's ability to be incredibly selective to whom they extend a membership offer is their trump card.

Texas A&M and Missouri fit better culturally into the SEC than Rutgers does in the Big Ten, by far.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-27-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Turn Off Ads?