Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pitching! Who Needs Stinking Pitching?

Pitching! Who Needs Stinking Pitching?

This is from a tweet from 13th Region History. This was the region my high school was part of in Kentucky. This is the first and maybe only game in Kentucky high school history that both teams scored 30 runs. Pitching was not at a premium that day for sure. I posted this here since it was high school baseball.

Name:  Cl6Qdu6VEAA2stq.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  76.3 KB
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (07-30-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Pitching! Who Needs Stinking Pitching?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    This is from a tweet from 13th Region History. This was the region my high school was part of in Kentucky. This is the first and maybe only game in Kentucky high school history that both teams scored 30 runs. Pitching was not at a premium that day for sure. I posted this here since it was high school baseball.

Name:  Cl6Qdu6VEAA2stq.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  76.3 KB
    Well, on the positive side, the teams were pretty evenly matched.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I imagine the writer wanted to write more about that game but was constrained by space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (07-29-2016)

Just to put a little background on this story. My high school, Cumberland, had a very good run in baseball from the early 80's right into the mid 90's. Their coach stressed fundamentals above everything. They would beat teams like these two unmercifully nearly everytime just because they were fundamentally better. You could easily see most teams in their region had very poor coaching. The coach of that Barbourville team, Dinky Phipps, was their basketball coach too. He was a very good basketball coach but was probably coaching baseball because no one else would.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Roger Morris FTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Roger Morris FTW

Yep he was an outstanding baseball coach at my high school. They won a bunch of regional championships in his time there. If Kentucky had a class system in baseball I'm sure they would have won a few Class A titles. The big schools would usually trip them up in sectionals or state. His brother,Vic, preceded him at my high school. He was an excellent coach too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

There was a time that Cumberland probably had more good athletes per capita than anywhere in KY.

Rounding third and heading for home...

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-31-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    There was a time that Cumberland probably had more good athletes per capita than anywhere in KY.

After Lynch high school consolidated with Cumberland in 1982 the athletic talent wet way up too. Lynch at one time was a monster power in Class A football. They won four titles and were runner up at least three other times.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 07-31-2016 at 03:36 PM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?