Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im enjoying George and the Mayor announcing.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Im enjoying George and the Mayor announcing.

Casey has gotten alot better,cut back on the laughing every other minute.George is the "nicest man in sports" as I call him.Its just nice for a change to hear a ball game called without the announcers trying to breakdown every play ,as well as criticize the players when they commit a mistake.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Im enjoying George and the Mayor announcing.

I'm glad someone is, lol.

I do agree that Casey has improved a ton since he called the first series.

Schnickelfritz

More Mayor, less thom.

I like the Mayor too, seems like a great guy. Welsh is always positive, don't care too much for Thom. And obviously Marty is the radio king. Don't think Sean will do it full time though because he has young kids.

Casey seems to be a wonderful guy with plenty of stories. Just too much stammering for me. Way too distracting. I really enjoy Grande.

Oh please just make it stop......

the pollyanna sweetness and light approach along with the constant chatter about nothing relevant make me yearn for the cynicism of Thom or just the straightforward approach of Kelch.

I know Casey is doing both of the Reds other trips into Pittsburgh, but hopefully this is "last roundup time" for Georgie.

It almost makes me wish the Reds would be officially out of it by the next time Casey's in the booth so I just dont have to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlite Graham View Post
    Oh please just make it stop......

the pollyanna sweetness and light approach along with the constant chatter about nothing relevant make me yearn for the cynicism of Thom or just the straightforward approach of Kelch.

I know Casey is doing both of the Reds other trips into Pittsburgh, but hopefully this is "last roundup time" for Georgie.

It almost makes me wish the Reds would be officially out of it by the next time Casey's in the booth so I just dont have to endure it.
    Chill out man,it's going to be ok.

BAKER12

Anyone but Thom is pleasant
    Dread the games he is broadcasting, is the guy ever happy?

I think I'm the only guy who think that Thom Brenneman is a fantastic announcer. He shares in our frustrations.

Go ahead, flame away, but Thom is the man.

I think Casey is a good dude, but I don't need a bunch of stories that have nothing to do with current game.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    I think I'm the only guy who think that Thom Brenneman is a fantastic announcer. He shares in our frustrations.

Go ahead, flame away, but Thom is the man.

I think Casey is a good dude, but I don't need a bunch of stories that have nothing to do with current game.
    You're not alone. Thom is my first choice for the TV broadcast.

I can take a little bit of Grande, but a three game series is about all I want. Casey is o.k. Fun. The Cowboy is excellent on tv. I think him and Thom together are my favorites. That being said I hate the Cowboy doing play-by-play on radio. He has to be one of the worst in the league.

I miss Paul Keels.

I think we need to come up with a drinking game the next time Georgie and Casey are in the booth.

One shot for everytime they mention Skyline.

We'd all be checking ourselves into a 12 step program after a 3 game series.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

QUOTE=Moonlite Graham;2444140]I think we need to come up with a drinking game the next time Georgie and Casey are in the booth.

One shot for everytime they mention Skyline.

We'd all be checking ourselves into a 12 step program after a 3 game series.[/QUOTE]

So true there.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Turn Off Ads?