Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Math Behind Being 5.5 Out With Four Three Teams in Front of You

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Worth The Wait

The Math Behind Being 5.5 Out With Four Three Teams in Front of You

Being 5.5 out is not a good thing at this point in the season; especially when you are in the worst division in baseball. But it's not insurmountable by any means.

But being 5.5 out and needing to jump THREE teams? That's tough. Just think about it... Let's say the Reds win 8 of 10, and Pitt and STL lose 7 of 10. Well we caught those two teams... But what if MIL is on hot streak? We could win 8 of 10 and still find ourselves 4-5 games out. And those are extreme examples.

Seriously, what are the chances that the Reds SIGNIFICANTLY outplay all three of those teams over the next two months?

We haven't won back to back games IN OVER A MONTH and we are talking about still being "in it?"

Here we are again needing a win to simply break even in a six game stretch where we thought we'd make up some ground--- and even if we win tomorrow the Pirates would still be one game better than us than they were a week ago.

This season and this team are going the wrong direction. Three weeks ago I would have told you I wouldn't be shocked if the Reds rallied and won the division, but now, I'd be stunned.

I don't care if they trade vets or not, but trying to make a deal in desperation of helping us rally at this point would be foolish. If we are going to deal Mes, Wood, Yonder, etc it should be at a time when the team has a real chance to win something. This team has had their chance. I hate to say it, I really do, because I was jazzed for this season just like most of you, but I believe the 2011 Reds are toast.
    Last edited by Edskin; 07-19-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Turn Off Ads?