Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Has Hunter Pence been considered at all?

Has Hunter Pence been considered at all?

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about the Reds possibly being interested in Hunter Pence? I've heard the Phillies have considered him, and that the Astros will possibly move him. I haven't heard any discussion about the Reds/Pence and was just curious as to why not.. I think he would do a really good job filling the role that they need filled offensively. He's just a good all around baseball player that will give you professional AB's. I think he would be a great fit, and was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Reds possibly pursuing him?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Has Hunter Pence been considered at all?

I haven't heard the Reds being interested but earlier in the year I brought up Pence and everybody said they would rather have Choo.

George said on TV yesterday that there were rumors about Pence & the Reds

if we could get pence + sheilds but you know longer have chapman would you do it?

Read some time ago on MLBtraderumors.com that to even get the conversation started the Astros said Mes had to be part of the deal.
    I would say a big no and just as soon play Mes in left.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    if we could get pence + sheilds but you know longer have chapman would you do it?
    I absolutely would. I wouldn't be completely against getting out of Aroldis' contract anyway. I think he's more of a hard thrower than a really good pitcher, but thats just me. I'd rather have guys who know how to pitch than a tourist attraction. (Obviously he has a lot of potential)

No way the Astros trade Pence to a team within the division. If they do let him go, it's highly likely they'll send him to a team in the AL I would presume.
    Follow us on Twitter! @Redlegs_Review
    Link to my Reds blog http://redlegsreview.com/

I don't get the buzz around Pence. He is a decent player, but he is a rental. His contract is up at the end of this season.

My guess is yes. I would say he would be very hard to pry for a couple of reasons - it's to a team within the division (not unheard, but not likely) and Pence is the only stud they have - he's the lone draw for a bad baseball team.

Yesterday, most sites were saying that he was available (probably for a very high price) - today - mlbtraderumors indicates that he might be staying put.

Could be just posturing. I'd be for it if they could get him.

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    I don't get the buzz around Pence. He is a decent player, but he is a rental. His contract is up at the end of this season.
    he will go to arbitration for the 3rd time after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    u get anthor yr

Quote Originally Posted by ruREaDy2 View Post
    No way the Astros trade Pence to a team within the division. If they do let him go, it's highly likely they'll send him to a team in the AL I would presume.
    i dont rly get this tho. they are years away from contending. there like 20 games out in this division lol

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    i dont rly get this tho. they are years away from contending. there like 20 games out in this division lol
    Right, but (if you're the 'Stros) do you really wanna take a chance and watch Pence light you up in a Reds uni for 18 games a season for the next 5-7 years?
    Follow us on Twitter! @Redlegs_Review
    Link to my Reds blog http://redlegsreview.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ruREaDy2 View Post
    Right, but (if you're the 'Stros) do you really wanna take a chance and watch Pence light you up in a Reds uni for 18 games a season for the next 5-7 years?
    dont think he be here for 5-7 yrs

Pence would fit nicely in left for the redlegs..I think Heisey should be the starter in left though..Trade gomes and keep lewis off the bench since he seems to be one of our better pinch hitters..I would love to get pence..Only 28yrs old and a very good bat. The kid seems to work hard, however i would much rather have "Big Game James"..The guy is a fiery competitor and seems to go 7,8, or 9 innings almost every time out. Him and Cueto would be a very nice one-two punch

Turn Off Ads?