Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should Carson Palmer "man up?"-

Re: Should Carson Palmer "man up?"-

Neither side is right imo.

Carson had no problem with the Bengals losing ways, ownership, or head coach when he signed a contract that made him one of the highest paid players in the NFL. Now that he has a buttload of money in the bank he all of a sudden decides that he can't play here because of Bengals ways? Yeah okay. I hate how he's being made out to be a victim in this situation. He quit, and there's nothing commendable about that.

Mike is an idiot, but we all knew that already. He should have traded him to put the team first, but I'm not at all surprised that he didn't.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I could not agree more. I think a lot of people are so quick to defend Carson because they hate Mike Brown. Honestly, I don't like the stance either side has taken. This could have been worked out without bringing this into the public forum IMO. I have no doubt that Mike Brown would have granted Carson his wish had he approached him quietly and been willing to play out one more year to let the Bengals try and groom a new QB.

On the other hand, not trading a player unwilling to play for you is just silly. I think we can all understand why Brown feels the way he does about the situation, but you have to put your personal feelings aside and do what is best for your franchise.

Everytime I hear Mike Brown's statements, or something about Carson I imagine Mike and Carson sitting in the back seat.

Carson: "He started it!"
    Mike: "Nuh-uh, HE started it!"
    Carson: "Did not!"
    Mike: "Did too!"
    Carson: "Nuh-uh"
    Mike: "Uh-huh"
    Bengals Fans: "I don't care who started it, both of you stop it right now!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post

Carson had no problem with the Bengals losing ways, ownership, or head coach when he signed a contract that made him one of the highest paid players in the NFL. Now that he has a buttload of money in the bank he all of a sudden decides that he can't play here because of Bengals ways? Yeah okay. I hate how he's being made out to be a victim in this situation. He quit, and there's nothing commendable about that.

Mike is an idiot, but we all knew that already. He should have traded him to put the team first, but I'm not at all surprised that he didn't.
    The only thing I'd say to that is that these NFL owners sign players all the time knowing full well who they're signing and then a few year later are able to release them before the contract expires.Don't get me wrong, I agree mostly with what your saying.It just doesn't seem right that Mike Brown could just release Carson despite his contract but it doesn't work the other way around.

I don't respect Carson one bit for quitting on the team. He handled the situation very childishly. He didn't "retire" -- he just got mad and quit like a kid that didn't get his way on the playground. I don't want him back.

Mike Brown is a clueless fool and the worst owner in the history of the NFL, but in this instance he is doing the right thing by refusing to trade Carson Palmer. If Brown gave in to Carson's "trade me or I quit" tantrum it would just open the flood gates for all the other players to do the same. He wouldn't get more than a late-round draft pick for Carson anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Mike Brown is a clueless fool and the worst owner in the history of the NFL, but in this instance he is doing the right thing by refusing to trade Carson Palmer. If Brown gave in to Carson's "trade me or I quit" tantrum it would just open the flood gates for all the other players to do the same. He wouldn't get more than a late-round draft pick for Carson anyway.
    Of course if Brown ran a better organization, there wouldn't be players wanting to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Probably not, most NFL players spend their money as fast as they get it and have no leverage, Carson didn't and now can get away from the NFL Clippers.

A low round pick is better then nothing.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?