Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ocho Cinco to the Patriots

Ocho Cinco to the Patriots

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...ts-source-says

Thought it deserved its own thread. Pats also acquired Haynesworth earlier in the day.

This is why I hate the Patriots Part II.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ocho Cinco to the Patriots

Mikey forgot that #85 signed that contract extension and has to serve out the rest of his time with the Bengals.

Good thing Ocho didn't make any demands, otherwise Mikey would have to keep him strictly out of principle. (My God, how stupid.)

ESPN reporting the Bengals to get two draft picks, one this year and one the following. Doesn't specify which round.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I know this thread is about Chad Ochocinco going to the Patriots, but I have to go off tangent for a second and bash Mike Brown again. Could have gotten a 1st and 3rd a couple years ago from the Skins, but Mike Brown wouldn't trade him. Now what does he do? He trades him a couple seasons later when his value is extremely lower. The guy is mind numbing incompetent. The Bengals really are hopeless under this loser.

A pick this year?? Is there another draft coming up this year?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

At the time, however, the Bengals appeared on the cusp of perhaps competing for a super bowl...all the pieces were in place...I think moving Chad now is the right thing...we're getting crap picks for him but this franchise just needs to move on from him and his constant headaches...recall, this is the guy who allegedly punched Hue Jackson in the face during halftime of a playoff game...I am glad to see him go.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Former Bengal LB/DE David Pollack is tweeting his thoughts about this:

David Pollack
    @davidpollack47 David Pollack
    Just a hunch but if Cincy wld have done this a little earlier I think they wld still have Carson Palmer.
    34 minutes ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/#!/davidpollack47...02011508133888
    @davidpollack47 David Pollack
    I really like Ochocinco as a person, but I think even he will tell you that he is high maintence. I felt bad for Carson at times.
    28 minutes ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/#!/davidpollack47...04140696231936

This makes me ill. I hate the patriots more than any other team in sports. I'm a huge Colts fan and this just makes their road go from very hard to super hard.

This makes me ill.

There is no team in professional sports I hate more than the Patriots. I'm a diehard Colts fan and this makes their road go from very hard to super hard.

Ochocinco, the NFL's Chris Bosh.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Finally.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

The Bengals lost a lot of talent today with OchoCinco and Joseph going elswhere. I made it a point to say talent, because in the case of OchoCinco it could be argued that his talent was sometimes overshadowed by the distractions he brought to the team. Reguardless, he is a very talented reciever, and I will remember the excitement he brought to the team when he was playing well.

Joseph on the other hand will be a huge loss. The Bengals really couldn't afford to let him get away.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Wish The Browns had made a play for Joseph. He and Joe Haden would have made a nice pair.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I actually like Ochocinco..... but going to the Patriots... thats just too much for me to handle

Turn Off Ads?