Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: More proof why Dusty is a poor manager

More proof why Dusty is a poor manager

The job of the manager of a baseball team is to put the best possible lineup out there each and every night with the objective to be to win. Well lets review tonights game as just another example of Dusty worrying more about how his players "view" him over winning. The midwest right now is experienceing one of the most outlandish heat waves in HISTORY. Your "scheduled" starting pitcher is battling Mono which can only be made worse by these conditions. So....what does Dusty do...be dam with knowledege, put Bronson out there. Where he could have skipped him and kept the other pitchers on their 5 day rotation and probably put this team in a better position to win. I am continually amazed at either how stupid Walt is to sit back and allow this man to continue to manage this team or how out of touch Walt himself is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: More proof why Dusty is a poor manager

i think they should combine threads that say the same stuff

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    The job of the manager of a baseball team is to put the best possible lineup out there each and every night with the objective to be to win. Well lets review tonights game as just another example of Dusty worrying more about how his players "view" him over winning. The midwest right now is experienceing one of the most outlandish heat waves in HISTORY. Your "scheduled" starting pitcher is battling Mono which can only be made worse by these conditions. So....what does Dusty do...be dam with knowledege, put Bronson out there. Where he could have skipped him and kept the other pitchers on their 5 day rotation and probably put this team in a better position to win. I am continually amazed at either how stupid Walt is to sit back and allow this man to continue to manage this team or how out of touch Walt himself is.
    I really expected this to be about the suicide squeeze on a 2-2 count with Cairo up who is batting .407 with RISP, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I really expected this to be about the suicide squeeze on a 2-2 count with Cairo up who is batting .407 with RISP, lol.

Me too.....ridiculous call on Dusty's part.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Hopefully Dusty does not manage for his ego. It certainly doesn't get fed by Reds Fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    Hopefully Dusty does not manage for his ego. It certainly doesn't get fed by Reds Fans.
    I don't dislike Dusty, but that decision was stupiid imo.
    Last edited by mroby85; 07-22-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Yes, I thought I thought it would be about that also. I am by no means a Dusty basher, but that was just plain stupid.

How about yyou have a pitcher throwing batting practice, but still manages to give you 5 innings and 2 runs , who has mono on a night where the temp is 105 degrees and your offense scores two runs a game and you are down 2-1 and you send him out to start the sixth. Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo14 View Post
    How about yyou have a pitcher throwing batting practice, but still manages to give you 5 innings and 2 runs , who has mono on a night where the temp is 105 degrees and your offense scores two runs a game and you are down 2-1 and you send him out to start the sixth. Amazing
    How bout 7? lol

anyone see that horrible bunt attempt? LoL Cairo couldve knocked in lewis, but dusty

Quote Originally Posted by abish1572 View Post
    anyone see that horrible bunt attempt? LoL Cairo couldve knocked in lewis, but dusty
    I thought he did a really good job at even putting a bat on the ball considering where the pitch is. It ended up not mattering, but at that point he at least didn't hang the runner out to dry.

I thought he did a really good job at even putting a bat on the ball considering where the pitch is. It ended up not mattering, but at that point he at least didn't hang the runner out to dry.
    point is, why bunt with 2 strikes? Cairo even asked dusty that when he went back to the DO.

Quote Originally Posted by abish1572 View Post
    point is, why bunt with 2 strikes? Cairo even asked dusty that when he went back to the DO.
    I agree 100%,thought you were saying Cairo did a poor job bunting at it. I misunderstood your point.

This was one of two things and either way shows how pathetic Baker is.
    1. He knew the count and made this ridiculous call or
    2. He did not know the count in this AB in game one of another Big Series

AND The fact he keeps throwing Bronson out there knowing he is SICK is amazing BUT to run him out there to start the inning after we took the lead was just baffling. Anything this guys does anymore does not surprise me and when we do win it is not of his doing but in spite of him.

The guy is an idiot!
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Turn Off Ads?