Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cozart leaves game; Hyperextended elbow; X-ray negative

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Cozart leaves game; Hyperextended elbow; X-ray negative

I can read lips pretty well and that's exactly what one of the trainers said when coming back to the dugout. I rewound it a couple times to make sure I was right.

Freakin' sucks. One of the few good things about this crappy season was seeing our shortstop of the future in action. He's never going to be a star, but he's going to be a damn solid MLB player. What a shame. Hopefully this is more of a "Pujols" fracture and not a "lost for the season" deal.

(Course, I don't think Cozart is on HGH, so he probably won't heal as quickly as Albert.)
    Last edited by mattfeet; 07-23-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Updated title with proper medical information

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cozart broke his arm

Thats my assumption as well. I sure hope we're wrong. Get well soon, Zack!

In other news, Paul Janish likely back to Cincy.

Glad someone else is finding it amazing how quickly Albert "returned," at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Thats my assumption as well. I sure hope we're wrong. Get well soon, Zack!

In other news, Paul Janish likely back to Cincy.
    Broom-handle and all.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Glad someone else is finding it amazing how quickly Albert "returned," at full strength.
    Yeah, we're not the only ones to think it. It's just the baseball media is way too PC to say anything. They are too busy trying to convince everyone we're "past the PED era." Really? We're past the PED era? These are the same people that never wrote a single story about rampant steroid use in baseball, even though it was obvious to everyone.

Buzzards luck for the Reds this year. Just unreal.

Yeah, come to think of it, I'm not sure if I'm more upset about not seeing Cozart, or actually having to see Janish again.

OK, it's probably the former. But still. I thought I was officially done with Soft J. Figured he would play out the season in Louisville and then would be the backup SS for like the Padres next year. (Or actually the Nationals. They seem to really love their ex-Reds, no matter how bad, even now that Bowden is gone.)

Honestly, do the Reds have another option to play SS other than Janish? Who is the AA shortstop? Are there any free agents still looking for a job? I'm dead serious. I can't stand to watch more of Edgar Janish.

And I really hope Cozart did break his arm. MUCH better than breaking a wrist. He'll be full go for spring training next year.

There is nothing at AA right now. I hate that for Zack. He worked hard to get a shot and this...

And I hate to say this, but that was an awful play by Votto that resulted in Cozart getting hurt. He never should have thrown to second. Even an accurate throw wouldn't have gotten McLouth. But Joey not only made a mental error in throwing to second, he made a physical error in short-hopping the throw to the first-base side, which put Cozart in harm's way.

What a crappy season. Even our MVP is negatively involved when the hotshot rookie SS is lost for the season with an injury.

Janish and Renteria will be your men!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    And I hate to say this, but that was an awful play by Votto that resulted in Cozart getting hurt. He never should have thrown to second. Even an accurate throw wouldn't have gotten McLouth. But Joey not only made a mental error in throwing to second, he made a physical error in short-hopping the throw to the first-base side, which put Cozart in harm's way.

What a crappy season. Even our MVP is negatively involved when the hotshot rookie SS is lost for the season with an injury.
    Votto is an amazing talent, but he does these things on a regular basis. His awful swings at the plate are other examples of thinking while performing an action. Sometimes he is simply not sure of himself at all.

Time is the Revelator.

Get well soon! It's your job when you get back.

He did not break his arm. Hyperextended elbow. Nowhere near as bad as we all thought.

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

apjoekay Joe Kay
    X-rays on left elbow of #Reds SS Zack Cozart are negative. He has hyperextended elbow.

YAY!

Turn Off Ads?