Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Holy Grail

Re: The Holy Grail

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    What Holy Grail lacks in uniqueness and quality, it makes up for in proximity to the stadium.

Downtown Cincinnati's bar scene is pretty generic. Unless you want to walk up to Neons in OTR, the downtown scene is dominated by cluby-type places (Bartini, Mynt, Cadillac Ranch, Righteous Room, Scene and their ilk.
    You have to dig a little deeper for the hole-in-the-wall type places. I much prefer Arnold's, Madonna's, Tina's, In-Between, Head First, O'Malley's, etc to any of the places you mentioned.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    How does that work? Self serve? And how do they cut people who over induldge off?
    Not really sure. It's my understanding you place your order and they bring you a glass to pour into, but again, I'm not sure. Our tap was a Miller Lite tap. Nobody in my party order that brand.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    We were there before the game last night at one of the regular tables. We asked about reserving a tap table for Friday night (before the SF game) and were told about the $250 minimum.

Needless to say, since we only have four people coming on Friday, we passed.

The Holy Grail is so slammed before and after games (and sometimes during) that it isn't easy at all to find any sort of table. We put our name in yesterday around 5 p.m. and didn't get called for a table until 6:15. People who have tables aren't likely to give them up until game time.

After the game we went to the In Between and it was pretty chill in comparison. More my style these days.
    I have a friend who said the same. He said he's never been able to get in. We went on a Sunday morning around 10:45 am and walked right in. By the time we left about a half hour prior to first pitch, it was a packed house and a waiting line.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    You have to dig a little deeper for the hole-in-the-wall type places. I much prefer Arnold's, Madonna's, Tina's, In-Between, Head First, O'Malley's, etc to any of the places you mentioned.
    Arnold's is my favorite place in the entire city. I'm shocked by how few people know about it.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Arnold's is my favorite place in the entire city. I'm shocked by how few people know about it.
    It's going to be featured as the hangout on the show "Harry's Law" on NBC (which is fictionally set in Cincinnati).
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post

I'll definitely agree with this, except I'd say it's one of my favorite places in the entire country, not just the city. And it's really not a far walk to/from the ballpark (6-7 blocks).

Exactly. And don't forget Knockback Nat's.

In Between is horrible! Nothing irks me more than charging stadium prices outside a stadium. Price gauging at its finest. Hope the Banks knocks it down to size.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post

I'll definitely agree with this, except I'd say it's one of my favorite places in the entire country, not just the city. And it's really not a far walk to/from the ballpark (6-7 blocks).
    Where do you typically park when you go there? With you guys hyping it up, I'd be curious to try it out before a game.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Taps in the middle of the table, eh?

Loved the hell out of that concept while I was in Prague:

http://heartofeurope.co.uk/slovakia/80/prague-the-pub/

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Where do you typically park when you go there? With you guys hyping it up, I'd be curious to try it out before a game.
    There are several parking garages and lots over by there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    There are several parking garages and lots over by there.
    Name one.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Taps in the middle of the table, eh?

Loved the hell out of that concept while I was in Prague:

http://heartofeurope.co.uk/slovakia/80/prague-the-pub/
    Next time, I'd love it if you could reference something even more obscure since the only reason I browse the internet is to see how cultured you are.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Next time, I'd love it if you could reference something even more obscure since the only reason I browse the internet is to see how cultured you are.
    Dude, if I have to keep browsing your posts for bitter, sarcastic comments I'm never gonna be able to finish this Kerouac novel or listen to my Tom Waits collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Dude, if I have to keep browsing your posts for bitter, sarcastic comments I'm never gonna be able to finish this Kerouac novel or listen to my Tom Waits collection.
    See, *BaseClogger*? This is how to do it.

Turn Off Ads?